Bad
Good

The leadership in this school is awful. The teachers do not seem to care about the students. They have ridiculous expectation. An example of this is that water is often denied after physical activity. I've had several problems with this and it was admitted that they thought this was an acceptable punishment. The principal treated it as an exercise to protect the teacher and not the student. "My child even came home with bruises from an aid and all I was told is "oh this lady loves your child" and nothing ever came of it. I suggest the police as a first option for anyone else having this problem. One of my children was put into ISS and had to agree and not comment over 4=eight before she could leave. She was there for quite awhile. I had to file a complaint with TEA over federal violations, they ended up having to comply with the law. I had to actually ask a couple of the teachers to act like adults because they were picking on my child and then expecting her to have a good attitude. I hated it when my children went to this school. So glad they don't go there anymore.

Awesome staff, fun leaders that get involve with the students, great support for children who need a little and a lot extra, and it is just a comfortable and safe place for a child.

This school has great teachers. I am not sure why this school is not rated at least 8 out of 10, but there may be some issues to address. I know for a fact that this school needs more qualified paraprofessionals in order to make sure no child is left behind. The biggest problem is that the pay rate for paraprofessionals are so low.

Words can not describe how much my child and I love and miss this school and the district. We moved into the area half way into the 2nd grade, my son has been tested and suffered with ADHD. The staff at this school worked with me and my child and with in a month we had him off his meds, and he was making strait A s. The teachers, principles, counselors, never let him use his disability as a crutch, and never pushed to have him medicated, they pushed to help him learn how to succeed with out his meds. At the end of 3rd grade his GPA was a 4.0 and he was in advance learning classes, and wanting to go to school everyday even when he was sick. What more can I say we just love every one of the teachers and the innovative methods used here. And I am proud to say because of this school he is free from meds and is still using the life skills they have taught him. This is one of the best schools my child has ever been to, and with being ex-military we have moved a lot.

Our experience is that Southside has always put the children first. We have 3 children that attend this school and they all adore the staff. My two 6 year olds are reading machines thanks to the Mrs. Clark and Mrs. Martin. Kuddos to the staff that works the afternoon car rides. They are attentive to the childrens safety. I certainly look forward to the staff that greets out children in the morning. When I had concerns I was able to set an appointment with Mr. Pate. He was concerned about my every word. Called me back for an update. I am really impressed by this school.

I feel that Southside is a great school. I love the teachers and vice principal Mrs. Baird. But I have issues with Mr. Pate, he doesn't seem to care about the kids education as much as he should.

I really like this school. My son is going into the 2nd grade next year & already misses his 1st grade teacher!! Everyone is so nice there!!

Last modified Southside Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.