Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted August 03, 2015
It is not the homework it is that they load the backpack to the point where it is even heavy for me to lift and I am a parent. I wish they would not make them so heavy for the little ones to the point where my kid can barely hold it.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted August 03, 2015
They do develop compassion, caring, and empathy because my youngest son kept being put in and out of the hospital for like a month straight. They would call and ask if he was ok and when he was coming back. His teacher even called to see how he was doing like two times a week. I have never seen a school care about their students as much as they do.

Magnolia Elementary School 4

Posted August 03, 2015
My oldest this year he will have been there five years and my youngest it will be two years. They are a good school because my youngest tells me he can't wait to go all day. They are very good at trying to help parents out any way they can. I have only had a problem with one teacher and the way they treated my son one year. I would recommend my friends go there if there children was old enough.

Posted March 25, 2015
Loved my experience at this school! Great teachers and administration! They care! My kids loved it there!

Posted May 17, 2014
This is our second year at this school and we are very pleased. It's an older school, and everything isn't shiny and new. However, the principal, teachers and all staff are hard to beat. They are loving and caring while engaging the children in every way. Our children love their teachers and enjoy going to school every day. We couldn't be happier unless the schools got back to letting teachers teach, rather than teaching the test!

Posted May 13, 2014
My family moved to this school district eight years ago and have been very pleased with all the schools our children have attended. We moved from a very large and affluent school district and were concerned about the quality of education. After our children started attending, we realize we had nothing to worry about. The teachers are great, caring, and work with parents very well. My children have wonderful memories and excelled in all their classes. There is room for them to pursue interests, clubs, and other challenges that keep them interested in learning. We have observed less issue with gangs and drug related problems in this school district. Their peers have been supportive and encouraging, with very little bullying observed.

Posted April 24, 2010
Have neighbor children that go there, they seem happy and enjoy school. That's what we need is happy going to school kiddos! As for rating not sure I qualify on that part...

Posted September 23, 2004
I want to commend the faculty and staff at MES for their incredible 'can do' attitude. I see a commitment to find the individual strengths of the students and a willingness to work with them on their weak areas. In particular, their focus on students making positive choices and on recognizing students for positive behavior with character awards provides a clear example of how a school can both teach the academics and promote citizenship, leadership and character. The administrators, teachers, counselors, librarians and aides treat the parents as partners in the child's learning process. What a refreshing change.

Posted September 21, 2004
The principal at MES is a parent's dream. His enthusiasm for kids and teaching is evident in every aspect of the school. We are very fortunate to be a part of Magnolia Elementary School.

P O Box 638, Magnolia, TX  77353
Last modified Magnolia Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.