Bad
Good

Blake Manor Elementary used to be a great school. After Courtney Thomas, the previous principal, left the school went down hill fast. My experience has been that they do not listen to the parents even when there is serious issues discussed and will continue to allow inappropriate behavior by their own staff even after they agree that they were out of line. We have had to go to the school board in order to get them to abide by their own agreements. They have no compassion for any situation even if they were a contributing factor to the situation. They do not ever accept responsibility and if you question them about it which is your right as a parent they have gone so far as to threaten to contact the police to have you thrown off the property. The only reason I gave this rating one star is because there are some amazing teachers and their hard work and care for the kids should not be reflected on by the deplorable, in-compassionate administration. Please if you can do not send your children here!

BMES not only recognizes me when I walk through the door, but also knows who my children are, and which classes they're in! Four out of five of our childrens' classroom teachers have been phenomenal (and the remaining teacher is no longer with Blake Manor). I have popped in to volunteer on several occasions and the classrooms have always been well-managed. Several teachers (including the art teacher) have amazing on-line sites or blogs to view the kids' activities and projects. Even though we may not be the wealthiest district, I get a true sense of passion for education not ony from the school, but from the parents as well. The school is bright and clean, the classrooms are colorful and organized, and the staff know how to make learning fun. I whole-heartedly recommend this school. No one or institution will ever be without flaws, but BMES strives for excellence and it shows.

I had to pull my kids out of this school after a year of attending. The staff is horrible, the teachers aren't much better. My kid would come home and complain to me about their teacher EATING and being glued to her phone during school hours!! The school was not very welcoming.. Some teachers were great, tho.. so not all is bad. Another thing that made me pull my kids out of that school is was the principle.She did not take bullying seriously at all. She seemed very annoyed when confronted about the issue. One of my kids were constantly being harassed by another kid and NOTHING was done about it.. In fact, the following school year, my kid was put in the same class as the bully. Manor is a horrible little village of a town to be living at in the first place, I strongly suggest that anyone who wants to enroll their kids at this school look elsewhere. PEACE OUT.

Hello! The reason of my comment is because I have two kids at BME. First of all I want to start with the cafeteria the breakfast they serve is rotten most of the time such as the milk, juice, oranges, apples, grapes and so on. Second my kid tells me that his teacher always eats food during school hours which I find it very distracting and unprofessional. Every morning his teacher comes and tells them to verify their homework because she is hungry and she has to eat something which she does. She sits at her cauch and put some headphones while she is eating ja ja very professional. Also she sends packeges of homework so that I can do her work and teach my kids what she is supposed to do. I ask my kid if she explain this to him and he says no. To be honest I come very agitated from work that I just want to eat and rest but no I have to sit with my kids for hours and explain everything that the teacher didn't do. well this is some of the complains I have, right now is getting late and I have to wake up very early again. I just hope the superintendent reads this or someone above the principal because I am sick and tire of this. I had talk to the mrs. Thomas but nothing changes.

very poor district and very poor school. unfortunately this presents a bad combination and the end result is a poor education. the teachers seem to be in the same boat as the students and the school seems to run on the verge of chaos. if your child is smart the reality is that they will be as smart as the slowest student. also because the hispanic density is so high most of the children do not speak english, which also holds the rest of the students back. thank god i'm moving out of state!

I was totally shocked to read a negative review about not only BM Elementary but about MISD in general, especially the special education department by someone who commented back in 2008. I have two daughters who both required early childhood intervention and extra assistance with their early education needs and I was hesitant to send them to school in Manor because of a few bad ratings. I can't speak for the middle school or high school but our home campus is PME and we have special programs at Manor Elem and Blake Manor and everyone down to the teacher's aids have been fabulous. I feel that their special education program is top notch and they should be highly recognized. The speech therapists, diagnostician, principal, teachers and therapists were not only highly educated and professional but kind and nurturing. I am a proud mom of a BM Bulldog!

Everyone was very welcoming. Both my children have severe food allergies and the school was awsome about setting up anything they needed. The special needs services that are provided are great. We feel very safe and happy sending our children to this school. It is away from the busy city but the children still get all the same services. The teachers really care about all the children and the parents.

It's a nice feeling when you can call your child's school and the person who answers the phone knows the parents by name. I like the small town feeling. The teachers are fabulous. Very caring, very fair, and really care about each and every student. The school was designed perfectly color coded for each grade so that the students can find their classes easily. It's simply fabulous!!!!

My Granddaughters attend Blake Manor and they love it. Their teachers are awesome. And office staff always makes us feel welcome. I've visited a lot of schools in my lifetime and so has my husband. And we both agree that this is the best be far.

My child couldn't be happier at Blake Manor. The staff is wonderful and the teachers are exceptional at challenging their students. All around, I would give this school the highest rating.

Last modified Blake Manor Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.