Mary Lillard I School 3

Posted May 19, 2014
Most of the teachers that I've met are excellent, but I do not care for administration at all. They have forgotten what it's like in the classroom. You can't have adult expectations for 5th and 6th graders, or really, unreasonable expectations considering I have yet to see a teacher's lounge where the teachers were expected to eat without socializing. It's school, not prison.

Mary Lillard I School 1

Posted August 05, 2013
I can't believe no one has reviewed this school recently. I think 7 is a little high for this school. The couple of ok teachers can hardly make up for an administration that could care less about most of the kids, and more than a few teachers that are wack. What is going on anymore with teachers. My neighbor was a teacher and she proudly admitted she became a teacher to get plastic surgery in the summers. My experience was that if you brought bullying up to them, they would then suddenly start noticing little things your kid is doing that never happened before. Just horrible.

Mary Lillard I School 1

Posted May 23, 2010
This school has terrible leadership. The staff is so unprofessional and this school only cares about certain students. I took my child out of this school as soon as I could. The administration does not protect the students. There have been incidences of students trying to put other student's heads in the school toilets. My child was miserable here with the chaos and coldness of the atmosphere. This school needs a whole new staff --beginning with the administration. Shame on You Mansfield ISD for such poor leadership and exampleship. Shame!

Posted March 23, 2010

Posted October 04, 2008
I like the pricipal with great communication through parents for any special events. The school adopted after program activities which are great to keep kids busy. However, the teachers needs to give student more challanges, more creative technique by mixing fun together with academic in every subjects and continue pay attention to each student individually for specific needs.

Posted March 29, 2007
I have so enjoyed working at Lillard. The school is truly kid focused, and the support from administration to help us teachers meet the needs of our students is always there. I feel blessed to have landed a teaching position at this school.

Posted March 19, 2007
Wow! We have moved around a lot and this school is great. Teachers and principals really care about students and are invested in individual children. Communication is great; we always know what is going on this year.

Mary Lillard I School 4

Posted March 08, 2007
We have a 5th grader at Mary Lillard and have been very pleased with the cirriculum offered as well as the response of the teachers. Ours is ADHD and they have responded very well to his needs. He can be as involved as he wants to be. It takes parental involvement to make a school great!

Mary Lillard I School 4

Posted March 08, 2007
There is one main problem with Texas Schools and that is the standardized TEKS test. It requires teachers to 'teach to the test' rather than creatively having students learn. It also puts unnecessary pressure on students. The 'no child left behind' is a great concept but doesn't work. It has created a school system that is inside the box and has totally ended creative teaching and learning. Get rid of TEKS!

Mary Lillard I School
1301 North Day Miar Road, Mansfield, TX  76063
Last modified Mary Lillard I School is a Public school that serves grades 5-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mary Lillard I School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews.