McAllen, TX

Jackson Elementary School 2

Posted May 20, 2015
This was my daughter's first year...pk. I have to say, WORST experience ever. The secretary is so rude and short. The principal NEVER has time to attend parents. The pick up is horrible. They are not open to ideas to better pick up and secretary sarcastic about it. They changed teacher in the middle of the school yr and they have yet send a letter notifying parents about it. I had to find out through my 5yr old that she was having different teachers. No one takes responsibility and say it was supposed to be the teacher, the counselor, or the principal. I signed up for the parental involvement, never got called.

Jackson Elementary School 5

Posted April 05, 2014
this is the second year my daughter in jackson, I have always involved and I thank you for allowing me to always be aware of it, teachers and the principal who have touched my daughter give me the opportunity to help in my spare time at school and in the classroom and see how it unfolds and as she learns day by day we can not leave everything to the teachers, the education begins at home, and our children reflect what they are in school, so far I'm very satisfied with what I've seen, no school is perfect and always will see details that dislike us but thank you to the teachers who are aware of and that I know they can count on us as parents ......

Posted August 26, 2013
Worst school and dreadful principle who cares about nothing but looks and money.she demands uniforms (polyester) .the pick up system is outrageous and dangerous! I will be switc hing to a better school this year.

Jackson Elementary School 5

Posted July 27, 2013
my son really enjoyed Jackson. He was in first grade. We are moving and he won't finish the rest of the grades there. We were driving by his old school and my 7 y.o. commented on how good his teacher was, his principal and the librarian. He learned alot and his teacher was incredible!

Posted February 15, 2013
This is school is a joke. The teachers are sub par, allow there to receive a check! My kindergarten didn't learn anything here! We moved the Corpus Christi and the school he's at now he can read, add and subject. All this in two weeks compared to the six months at Jackson! And the administrators didn't get involved with kids like here at their new school.

Posted June 13, 2008
Not such a great school anymore ! teachers simply don't care as much ! very dissappointed in the school.

Posted April 09, 2008
you have obviusly never had to talk to this principal. he is terrible - and doesn't care about the students. i have seen him be very mean to students and teachers. teachers are leaving because of mr garza and I think he is fake to parents because he knows people do not like him.

Jackson Elementary School 4

Posted July 31, 2006
Ever since Mr. Garza took over Jackson, there has been many positve changes.He seems like he really cares, he always attendes the awards assemblies and the parent functions.I feel he is doing a great job.The office attendents are the only ones that could try to be more considerate and polite. You can always tell whos working because they have to and who is there to make a difference.

Posted June 16, 2005
This is the worst school I have ever seen. My son attended and the principal allowed him to be beaten up and harassed on a daily basis with no attempt to stop it at all. She needs to be withdrawn. Please consider not going to this school

Jackson Elementary School

Posted August 25, 2004
To give parents some insight, at least in regards to the locked door situation, please read the following explanation. The doors are locked once instruction begins for safety reasons. Please understand that it is our students' safety we are concerned about. If a parent or anyone else must enter the building after class begins, they must enter the building through the front door (infront of office) so that the visitors may check-in with the office. This is not an outrageous request since our children's safety is our first priorty. In addition, if every teacher were to leave their classes unattended to open doors for the many people that come in late, instructional time would be wasted and the children's saftey could be compromised.

Jackson Elementary School
501 Harvey Avenue, McAllen, TX  78501
Last modified Jackson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jackson Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top