PK-6|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

There were at least two teachers there that really impressed me. Kim and the music teacher. Kim was very effective, and was responsible for our few magical moments we had here. The festivals were lovely.

Honestly, I started questioning about a third of the way through the school year whether or not it was a responsible choice to keep my child there. Vicki, the owner of the school, really understands what children need--unfortunately, she's probably not the one who will be teaching your children. It seems like she hires out of fear that she can't fill a teaching position fast enough (the turnover rate is ridiculous), so quality of education gets put on the back burner. One of the kindergarten teachers was having breakdowns in class every other day, and it was really off putting to hear the children talk about it. The school puts a big emphasis on how they talk to the children with respect, but she missed the memo. And at least two other teachers were constantly glued to their phones. The kids spend most of their day outside, which is lovely, but you can take your children outside. There is no reason why you should pay over $700 a month for your kids to play outside with loose supervision. Just homeschool, and celebrate the Waldorf festivals at home. I feel like a lot of other parents had similar experiences because multiple children were pulled out throughout the year. Vicki really sold this school to us, I just wish she had been able to find teachers that followed her values.

Dirty school with no structure. Children are encouraged to do as they please. My child comes home wet, injured, and dirty on a weekly basis. My three year-old child has been left unattended because "he simply did not want to go outside" with the other children and all the teachers. This is unacceptable behavior.

My son has attended Robert Muller School for 4 years, since he was three. He is now in the first grade. He loves the school, we love the school. The campus is beautiful and he spends hours each day outside, playing, building, climbing, gardening, running - the joy of the children is evident when you see their eyes shine at the end of the day. Daily lessons are taught in ways that are meaningful and engaging. Handwork (knitting, crocheting, sewing) is taught, as well as weekly cooking classes. Students work cooperatively on projects of their own design. Each moves at their own pace - there is no rush to master specific skills in order to pass a test or move to the next grade level. There are second generation students whose children go to the school now, and former students often attend the many school festivals and celebrations throughout the year, which speaks to the family like community of the school. Vicki is outstanding as are the other teachers, they always have time to discuss any thoughts, ideas, or concerns I might have, and the school is small enough so that every student is known by name to almost everyone there.

My children are able to learn without stress or fear. Their joy in that learning is why I chose this school for them. They are eager to go to school every day and are sad when vacation time rolls around. Thank you, Vicki!

Our children have been very happy at this school. The teachers have been fantastic. The low teacher to student ratio allows the teachers to give ample attention to each child. They truly treat the child as a holistic individual. I like the heavy parent involvement and the allowance for easy collaboration between the teachers and families. I am especially grateful that the children are allowed to have outside playtime. I feel this outdoor time is very important to burning excess energy and enhances their learning when recess is over and it is time to return to the classroom. The outdoor garden is a treasure that allows children the opportunity to plant and harvest. We are ever so grateful to have this school to send our children to and have found the overall school environment to be nurturing and child-centered.

My kindergarden daughter loves going to school every morning. Her teachers are creative and kind and they spend quality time in nature with the children. The other parents are involved as well and we smell fresh baking bread in the mornings.

This school was a real dissapointment... Agree with previous review staff are undertrained, there is no direction and I have never seen my child so unhappy. In one class the teachers child is a student so that student is paid far more attention. This school was a real let down as during our initial visit we were many promises undelivered hence we pulled our child out of the school after 8 days as we could not handle seeing how distressed he was coming home after being at this school. He is now enrolled elsewhere and we have a much happier, more confident child. Be warned this school do not deliver ALL that they say they do, very unstructured and children are basically left to their own devices 80 per cent of the day. This school also charge exuberant fees and deliver very little for that cost . $$$$ very important to the principle of this school. Do not recommend !

My daughter is in this school. Each year is better than other, high level of education and great school.

All of the teachers have, at minimum, a Masters Degree and one has a Doctorate.

Last modified Robert Muller School is a Private school that serves grades PK-6