Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Posted July 14, 2016
Low teacher turnover, quality communication, and great administration! Both of our daughters have been challenged and continue to succeed.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted January 12, 2016
The teachers are the best! They really care. If you have any problems the principal will really help you out

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted January 12, 2016
Vega doesn't have that much homework, especially in the lower grades. Students are expected to read every night and do math. They get in trouble if they don't read. My child has really started reading lots so it's really a pleasure not to have to make my kid do homework.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted January 12, 2016
The students work really hard but they are always encouraged to do their best. The children are really encouraged to improve no matter if they are a gifted student or are struggling.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted January 12, 2016
They teach the students manners and respect. Students open doors for others and say yes ma'am and yes sir. Everyone is so nice. When you walk in the school you know it is a special place

Posted January 12, 2016
Amazing! The staff really cares about the students and parents. What a wonderful school in every way.

Posted November 13, 2015
I have two children who attend Vega and I absolutely love it. My oldest is in 5th and my youngest is in 3rd. We have been at Vega for 6 years and it is a great school. The staff is awesome. Mr. Forsyth is a great principal. He implemented the Essential 55 and College readiness programs and they are fabulous.

Posted April 03, 2015
We moved to McKinney two years ago and we've loved Vega so far! All the staff is super nice and helpful. Love the college bound focus they emphasize. Teachers are phenomenal and work so hard with the kiddos. I will say we were concerned with the school's rating at the beginning, but were willing to give it a try, so happy we did!

Posted October 24, 2014
When moving to the area with two kids in elementary, obviously looking at the school district was important. We had always heard that McKinney schools were just phenomenal. We found the perfect house, and after reading a few reviews about Vega, weren't so sure. We came to find that many of those reviews were negative due to the old leadership. I cannot say enough great things about the teachers, the leadership, and the culture at Vega. My kids love going. Everyone in the front office is kind. There is constantly some kind of event going on (donuts, outside fundraisers, pep rallys, etc.) and the kids go to school daily with college and different important character traits being emphasized. I also receive constant email and phone communication, which I never did before in our old school district. If you can't tell, I love this school, and am thrilled my kids get to go here. If you're reading any negative reviews, look twice at the date -- I'd bet that it was under the old leadership. You will not be disappointed by this school!

Jose De Jesus And Maria Luisa Vega 4

Posted October 09, 2014
My first child attended Vega when it first opened and finished through the 5th grade. I love the teachers and staff because they care so much about the children. They seem to always put the children first. The one and only complaint that I have about this school is their sad and pathetic looking playground. It has been a sad looking playground since my second child attended this school, which he started back in 2008. They definitely should do something about the playground.

2511 Cattleman Drive, McKinney, TX  75071
Last modified Jose De Jesus And Maria Luisa Vega is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.