Mesquite, TX

Kimbrough Middle School 4

Posted August 01, 2013
As a student that just graduated from the school this year, Kimbrough is w/out a doubt the best middle school in Mesquite. Students don't feel like it is, but it just is, we're 2nd overall for sports (except the 7th graders that were there this year, they were horrible at sports, they don't live up to the schools legacy at all, but for 20 years we were always at the top), behind McDonald, but that's b/c they have MANY athletes that are 15 years old. We're pretty much tied academically with Terry, and everyone gets along like family. Sorry about this one, but I swear that 95% of the 7th graders are VERY unsanitary. Anyways, they had a strict no music policy this year b/c the songs that like only 1/20 people listened to were "inappropriate", but most teachers let us since it doesn't even bother anyone, in fact, everyone works harder and faster when listening to music. Speaking of the teachers! They are THE FUNNIEST teachers I have EVER met! They were like us on the inside but were still responsible adults. We have one of the best choirs in Mesquite and the best band too. There is no other school that can compete, get your kid in this school! And make sure they live up to our legacy.

Posted November 30, 2009
This school is amazing! Thank goodness there is a strict dress code. All students and parents know the rules and dress codes before they enter that school. My son had to follow the dress code and he knew what was and wasn't expected of him. I feel the parents should respect the administration. You will NOT find better teachers.

Kimbrough Middle School 0

Posted November 25, 2009
this school is a great school for both academics and athletics the teachers and coaches help one person to help the whole school

Kimbrough Middle School 3

Posted November 19, 2009
The administration at this school needs to focus more on education and less on arbitrary dress code infractions.

Kimbrough Middle School 3

Posted November 19, 2008

Posted March 01, 2008

Posted February 29, 2008
This a great middle school and hands down the best in Mesquite. Teachers, coaches, and administrators are awesome. I would not want my child anywhere else.

Kimbrough Middle School 4

Posted September 23, 2007
Kimbrough has some of the best teachers in the profession. However, after coming from a wonderful elementary that encourages parent involvement and actually values parents, I've felt as though the administration would rather not have parents around. Often you feel as though you are interrupting them if you need to discuss something or get your child for early release. Not such a warm welcome in the front office. This is also my second child to come through the school and not much has changed in the 4 years.

Kimbrough Middle School 0

Posted September 19, 2007
My children attend this school. I can't say enough about how hard the teachers work and how caring they are toward their students. The administration is wonderful! They are very easy to work with and very open and willing to work with parents and students.

Posted August 02, 2007

Kimbrough Middle School
3900 North Galloway Avenue, Mesquite, TX  75150
Last modified Kimbrough Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kimbrough Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top