Bad
Good

My son is starting 8th this year. He has always hated school, but last year he actually enjoyed going. He loved Technology class and said his science teacher was really funny and cool. I am so glad this school is a good one! He absolutely hated attending Ruby Shaw and I can't wait for my other two to be done with that horrible school.

My son is finishing 8th grade at Kimbrough. He has had really good teachers for the most part. The school has high expectations and enforces discipline so it is safe and orderly. The coaches and elective teachers have been wonderful. The coaches and choir staff go out of their way to work with kids and give their time often. Tutorials and extra help are always available. The staff truly cares about the kids. My son has grown academically, athletically, and in the fine arts.

As a student that just graduated from the school this year, Kimbrough is w/out a doubt the best middle school in Mesquite. Students don't feel like it is, but it just is, we're 2nd overall for sports (except the 7th graders that were there this year, they were horrible at sports, they don't live up to the schools legacy at all, but for 20 years we were always at the top), behind McDonald, but that's b/c they have MANY athletes that are 15 years old. We're pretty much tied academically with Terry, and everyone gets along like family. Sorry about this one, but I swear that 95% of the 7th graders are VERY unsanitary. Anyways, they had a strict no music policy this year b/c the songs that like only 1/20 people listened to were "inappropriate", but most teachers let us since it doesn't even bother anyone, in fact, everyone works harder and faster when listening to music. Speaking of the teachers! They are THE FUNNIEST teachers I have EVER met! They were like us on the inside but were still responsible adults. We have one of the best choirs in Mesquite and the best band too. There is no other school that can compete, get your kid in this school! And make sure they live up to our legacy.

This school is amazing! Thank goodness there is a strict dress code. All students and parents know the rules and dress codes before they enter that school. My son had to follow the dress code and he knew what was and wasn't expected of him. I feel the parents should respect the administration. You will NOT find better teachers.

this school is a great school for both academics and athletics the teachers and coaches help one person to help the whole school

The administration at this school needs to focus more on education and less on arbitrary dress code infractions.

This a great middle school and hands down the best in Mesquite. Teachers, coaches, and administrators are awesome. I would not want my child anywhere else.

Kimbrough has some of the best teachers in the profession. However, after coming from a wonderful elementary that encourages parent involvement and actually values parents, I've felt as though the administration would rather not have parents around. Often you feel as though you are interrupting them if you need to discuss something or get your child for early release. Not such a warm welcome in the front office. This is also my second child to come through the school and not much has changed in the 4 years.

My children attend this school. I can't say enough about how hard the teachers work and how caring they are toward their students. The administration is wonderful! They are very easy to work with and very open and willing to work with parents and students.

The special education program at this school is beyond compare. Ms Blair and Ms Finch are the most caring and helpful teachers I have ever encountered. The Administration does leave something to be desired. They care only about each other and not the self esteem of the students.

Last modified Kimbrough Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.