Posted March 01, 2014
I go to horn,there are a multitude of activiteis to do and is diverse with many cultures. They add new programs yearly making it easier to take classes in your field.

Posted July 26, 2013
As a former student. I believe the staff was very helpful, especially my counselor Mrs.Pritchard, she really and truly was the best . she motivated me to do my best and on graduation day I knew she was proud of me because I was struggling bad before then. And I also want to thank Mrs.Sagraves, she was also the greatest math teacher ever. She always believed in her students and I disliked the ones that tried to run over her.But thank yall so much !

Posted May 09, 2013
This school is a fine school. Test scores are above state averages and are at the top of the entire district. This school gets a bad reputation because of the hearsay among local parents that have never taken a step inside the school. You should walk the halls during instruction periods and see that it is a great learning environment for the students. The teachers want the students to succeed and push them to do so. Fine Arts and Athletics are very competitive and successful. I have found the administration to be extremely helpful and they only want what is best for students. It's time to end this school's bad rap based on it's earlier years-time to move on.

Posted April 19, 2012
my friends kids go this school and they say its a very great school..soon my son will be going to this high school .

Posted April 26, 2010
Pretty good school but not the best. Ok school spirit and Amazing teachers who love to teach!

Horn High School 0

Posted January 26, 2010
The school is improving everyday. The teachers (except for a few) really care a great deal about the students. The principal does not return phone calls to parents, but he is a nice guy who is trying. Some teachers need to go, but all in all I would give it a 9. Academics?-excellent.

Horn High School 1

Posted August 19, 2009

Posted August 03, 2009
School spirit, teacher quality, extracurricular activities, school safety, discipline and parental involvement are awesome!

Posted August 01, 2009
The principal is really trying to bring this school to a higher standard. He is hard to reach at times. Right now if my child was not in ap and honors classes, I would be somewhat displeased with the academics. Some of the guidance counselors are excellent like Ms. Stuekenjuerken. I think the school is going up. The principal needs to continue weeding out the poor teachers that don't care about the students.

Horn High School 4

Posted May 29, 2009
Very good ROTC program, it is in the top 10% of the USA and the best in Mesquite. One of the only problems is that most of the teachers are not strict enough on dress code.

Horn High School
3300 East Cartwright Road, Mesquite, TX  75181
Last modified Horn High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Horn High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top