Midlothian, TX

Larue Miller Elementary School 4

Posted August 16, 2014
LaRue Miller is a really good school. You get nervous when you move your kid from one district to another. Everyone of course has their opinions about a school and how the school did or didn't help them. It is a big part of my role as a parent to stay connected with my child's learning. I told the teacher up front that I want to be kept informed of how my child was doing. I received emails with everything they were working on through the whole week. My son is on the younger end of his class. With a great teacher and hard work, he has really grown. His teacher answered emails late at night and sent letters checking on her students in the summer and reminding them to read. It's been really good for him to see someone that cares!

Posted June 23, 2013
We have a child who just completed 4th grade at this campus. We began seeing issues in the area of Reading at the beginning of school year and requested a parent/teacher conference to discuss our concerns. While our child's teacher did agree with our concerns, the campus was only willing to give our daughter math tutoring and during instructional reading time?? As the school year went on our child continued to struggle in Reading and other subject areas by this time. When it came time for the STARR testing we learned our child failed the Starr test in the area of math. We requested to see any collected math tutoring data only to learn there was no data collected and tutoring took place randomly in a group setting and during instructional time. Then, we learned from our child that the teacher said it was OKAY they did not pass math STARR test and they will be promoted anyway to the next grade level. This is Unacceptable to tell a child this. Do not tell my child it is okay to fail and then socially promote any child! Do not tell my child you are going to help AFTER the school year is over. My child needed help BEFORE failing! We have withdrawn our child from this campus.

Posted June 20, 2012
I love this school and everyone and everything about it. The staff is the best I have ever seen. I came from a much larger school district and work with another ISD and can truly say there is no other school and no other district for that matter, I would rather see my child at. Thanks Midlothian for caring so much for your children.

Posted September 26, 2010
The principal at Miller is great! She wants nothing but the best for our kids! I have a 3rd grader and have never had a bad experience at Miller. Love all the teachers that have been in my childs life.

Posted April 28, 2010
The faculty at this school are like no other we have seen in the past 3 states we have lived in. They make you feel welcome, they truly care about your kids, and it shows a huge difference in the learning environment. Their interactions with the kids and families is very encouraging and supportive. LOVE, LOVE this school.

Posted September 17, 2009
LaRue Miller Elementary's excellent 'green' facility and quality staff understand that the educating/mentoring the 'total' child makes for successful students - and adults. The nurturing atmosphere and sensitivity of the staff identify stumbling blocks that might de-rail these young children, and present alternatives to the students - and their parents in time to set them on track for the upper grades. Their sensitivity to being environmentally responsible teaches by example, and encourages the children to follow-through at home with eco-friendly habits.

Larue Miller Elementary School 0

Posted April 16, 2009
I have a child in the fifth grade at LaRue Miller. We feel that the school is doing a fabulous job especially since all of the students and the staff are new to one another. It is a great mix of people hand picked from the districts best.

Posted March 26, 2009

Posted March 19, 2009
My son attends first grade at LaRue Miller Elementary. Nice new school but needs to work very hard on organization and tactful response to concerned parents. In all honest Mt. Peak has a much better repore that Miller.

Posted August 21, 2008

Larue Miller Elementary School
2800 Sudith Lane, Midlothian, TX  76065
Last modified Larue Miller Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Larue Miller Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top