PK-6|Private

Bad
Good

Several friends recommended Southminster and after touring 8 preschools in Fort Bend, we decided Southminster was the best fit for our family. Reflecting on the last 6 years we have been a part of the Southminster family, I am truly grateful for the loving and nurturing environment our son has been blessed to be a part of. Our son loves going to school every day and we feel good knowing he getting a solid foundation built on biblical principles. A Christian education, small class size, great teachers and a safe environment make Southminster the perfect choice for our family!

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

Southminster has a no bullying police and they strictly adhere to it!

Supports LD students: Agree

We have an autistic child at our school and he is so loved by all the students and teachers.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

We have a great head of school, Tierra Pennix. She has been on both sides, education and administration, which makes an effective leader.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Students at Southminster adhere to the Mariner Code ~ they have strong morals and values. I have never seen such amazing kids ~ they are kind and compassionate towards one another.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

Teachers at Southminster are loving and caring. They do not "teach to test" like public schools, who need money for funding. Huge difference!

Amount of homework: Agree

Southminster does not give a ton of homework, which has been proven to be beneficial in the long run. This makes for a much happier home ~ parents and children! Also, there is much more time for family and extra curricular activities, sports, etc.

My baby was 2 when I send her to southminster. After the first day, she had no problem going back. She loved to go back there again after the long summer. The teachers are very supportive. I love the fact that they have low student to teacher ratios and that they start their day with church service.

Love, Love, Love!! My child loves going to school everyday! The teachers are so sweet and caring.

I taught public school for 6 years before teaching at Southminster. Teachers here are treated with more respect here (by administration and parents alike) than in Texas public schools. The low student:teacher ratio, the strong Christian environment, and lack of state testing make for emotionally and spiritually healthy teachers and students. I am passionate about my job, and I never feel the "teacher burn-out" that I felt coming on when I taught public.

Last modified Southminster School is a Private school that serves grades PK-6