Nevada, TX

Posted May 07, 2014
We have put 3 kids through this school.. Great sports programs and really good teachers.

Posted December 09, 2013
Ive been blessed to go community since kindergarten and all I can say is that I love it. I've grown up with most of the kids that were in kindergarten with me. We may be a small town school compared to most but you can never find a more caring and loving school. Some parents think that we aren't getting a good education well its not that our teachers aren't teaching us its the state of Texas requirements that they want us to know. Its hard. When it comes down to it. I wouldnt want to go to another school. We can all come together as a school but in reality were just a big family. People talk down about our athletic department but they work so hard and people don't realize it. Its always the people that talk just about what they hear not what they see or don't even go to Community. We are a hard working group of people and sometimes we just cant meet peoples to high expectations.

Posted September 28, 2013
I think for once school is headed in right direction. need more imphess on higher education, maybe getting better teachers or setting fire under them. Sports here is a joke no type of vision to play at next level.

Posted June 23, 2013
CISD has been a real challenge. Very racist school in a rural area. Teachers are the worst I've seen at any ISD we've had the kid's at. Almost switched districts to Wylie last year. But felt like we were showing the kids how you run from problems. So, we kept the kids there and with a new principal this year things had gotten better. Now it looks like some of the teachers are leaving next year. GOOD. Now let's work on the Superintendent. Stick it out, change what you can, and live true.

Community High School 1

Posted May 31, 2011
OK, up until HS Community was 'passable' as a school system. HS is a whole different story. We have had no problems with the kids and the overall atmosphere of the school. Let me first say there are some teachers in the HS that truly do care and inspire. I know of one and I'll allow that there must be a few more. However, the majority of my personal experience with the faculty and staff has been horrible!! If you do happen to have an issue with a teacher don't expect support or even acknowledgement from the counselor, VP, or principal. They don't care. Period. The attitude of all but a handful of the adults at Community HS is not at all encouraging to the students. We even had one teacher when asked by a student how to bring his/her grade from an 88 to an A, reply 'this is an accelerated class, you're not expected to make an A so don't worry about it'. This is not the attitude of a teacher I want teaching my student. The school, in my opinion, actually discourages parent involvement. For the teachers that truly care and are trying, I commend you!! I wish I could call you by name here but I can't. The entire rest of the staff of the HS, forget it! They don't care.

Posted March 08, 2011
this school might be small and might not be very good in sports the best i have ever been to and ive been to six different schools in texas and this has been the best and every one here fun to be around

Community High School 2

Posted November 30, 2010
If we're being honest, things could be better. There are a few teachers who legitimately care about the students' education, although they are rare. The students are very accepting, but as far as academics go, Community is very behind. With the right faculty, this school could be just as good as a 5A school.

Community High School 4

Posted January 04, 2010
One of the best things about community is their environment. I moved from a 5a school down to a 3a my senior year...And suprisingly enough, i wouldnt take it back for a million dollars. I loved the people. Teachers, students, and even just the 'town-folk' :) i had the privelege of graduating in the class of 2008 and id like to say that ive made the best freinds, met the greatest guy, and had so much fun throughout my senior yr. & For the person who said sports arent top rate?...My boyfriend is going to play college football in ok on a scholarship. Favoritism doesnt exist and drugs and pills 'floating in the halls' must be hallucinations. I loved this school and would go back anyday. :) & For you parents who think were not getting education..Be more involved before you make an opinion.

Posted March 07, 2009
Okay, first of all, those of you who have rated this school poorly have no idea what they are talking about. Second of all, most parents in today's society don't even seem to care about what their kids are going through. They just turn the other way and don't really care for what they should be caring about. I, personally, am still going to this school! I know what it's really like all the way to the core. All of these nasty comments don't really sound correct to me, a person who talks to anyone and everyone. I, like everyone else, am comfortable in this school because I am accepted by everyone. There is no favoritism here. Seriously, I don't even know who the 'jocks' are because they are treated just like everyone else. There are those who stick out, but they are like for just those reasons. This schoolrocksrocks!!!

Posted December 09, 2008
its an alright school. I like it better than the bigger schools in Plano... You get more help in class, and i have allot more people i know here than i did there.

Community High School
P O Box 400, Nevada, TX  75173
Last modified Community High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Community High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top