Posted April 06, 2014
We are very pleased as well. Our children are both happy and appropriately challenged in regards to academics. The teachers are structured, yet creative. The principal is responsive to parent needs and seems to know the children well. The PTA and specials teachers have done a nice job in organizing fun events, such as movie nights, walk-a-thons/fitness days, Valentine s dance, etc. Technology in the district seems to be a focus.

Walnut Springs El 4

Posted March 26, 2014
We are in year two here and are very happy. The staff is very hard working and excellent with communication. Our new principal is wonderful, positive, and very engaged in the happening of the school and children's lives. There are lots of fun ways for parents to get involved- we are very happy!

Walnut Springs El 1

Posted March 07, 2014
My son has been going to this school for 4 years. During that time there has been 3 principles. This school lacks any real leadership. The current principle is not willing to address any of the real issues at this school. Many of the teachers do not respond to emails in a timely manner. The teachers show favoritism and are led by the politics of the school. Very few actually care about the education your child is receiving. Parents are not notified when they discipline children. Bullying is a huge problem at this school. One thing positive I will say about this school is that the front office ladies are exceptional. Always willing to help you and are always super nice!

Posted January 14, 2014
Both of my children are in this school for the first time this year. My wife and I have each spent a few days on campus and I am very happy with the administration and faculty. Both of my kids are very happy with their teachers, the principal and the atmosphere at the school. I am not sure what previous reviewers experienced but our experience has been great!

Walnut Springs El 1

Posted January 08, 2014
Kindergarten was a repeat of preschool. The classes were too crowded and the teachers were too busy dealing with the disruptive children that those that were above grade level suffer and were brought down. I know the teachers try hard to make sure all children succeed but something didn't work. And to try and get a child into advanced studies is impossible. So a parent has no other choice but to home school or find a private school in order to insure their child's future.

Walnut Springs El 2

Posted December 01, 2012
No more Art teacher. As of last year, Art was extinguished. Be careful at pickup and drop off. The admin and staff do not take charge. There is not much of a plan to "take charge" of, anyway. So, chaos reigns - very dangerous for all. But, I feel so sorry fo the kids walking home and riding bikes trying to cross the entrance/exit with NO ADULT supervision. Their eyes are just filled with fright. Yet, they want to get home. So, they take a chance and decide to cross. It's only a matter of time . . .. AND, here we go again with yet another new principal. Current one leaving at the Christmas break.

Walnut Springs El 3

Posted July 07, 2012
I agree with the parents comment before mine.This last 2011-2012 Principle was not a very good one. It took me awhile to figure out who she was. I felt the same way, as if she was telling you what you wanted to hear . It was like you were talking but she wasnt listening.The one the year before was outgoing and spoke to everyone. I spent time at the school because of one of my children having issues the first year. I was comfortable going in and talking to her and knew something would be done.Thank God both kids got an awesome Teacher(same teacher as she was moved toa different grade level) that just made their school year.One had her for Kinder and the other for First Grade.But there are some teachers that leave you wondering.

Walnut Springs El 2

Posted June 03, 2012
I have had two children attend this school. One with no problems at all and one that constantly has me in communication with administration. I can honestly say that some of the teachers are exceptional but this school has been through three principals in four years and only one has been effective and proactive in trying to deal with issues at the school. Unfortunately she is no longer there so they have a principal ready to retire that could care less and only says what she thinks you want to hear but doesn't follow through on things. The counselor is the worst excuse for a counselor and I'm sure she only has her job still because of the fact that there have been changes almost every year in principals. She is not bias when speaking to children and actually made my child feel like she didn't believe him when he did have to approach her about other children two years older pushing him around. For any parents that don't have to deal with either the counselor or pricipal ever this is a wonderful school but unfortunately had to deal with both different years and if you expect things to get taken care of you better hope that you have an teacher because the office staff won't.

Posted January 17, 2011
great school, our daughter is doing great, learning a lot and really loves the staff, and her teacher.

Walnut Springs El 3

Posted March 12, 2010

Walnut Springs El
1900 South Walnut Avenue, New Braunfels, TX  78130
Last modified Walnut Springs El is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Walnut Springs El Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top