Nolanville Elementary School

Public | PK-5 | 697 students

Living in Nolanville

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $137,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $680.

Posted September 24, 2012

This is a truly great school, and I believe that most of your good or bad experience is based on the teacher that you have. My daughter's second grade teacher was amazing, 3rd grade was not good at all, but now in 4th grade she is doing amazing again. My daughter has Aspergers and they work well with her. Getting the kiddos after school is horrible. Parents don't pay attention to the "Don't get out of your car," sign, LoL. I really do like this school all in all, the office staff can be friendly, so they aren't too bad to deal with.

Posted March 6, 2012

Both of my sons have attended this school for the last four years. They absolutely love it. The teachers and staff care about the students. My son's teachers have done a fabulous job teaching the cirriculum. Hands down it is THE best elementary school in the area. P.S. My son is dyslexic and the dyslexia program is great.

Posted March 19, 2011

We are a military family and this is our 8th elementary school total. Nolanville is hands down the best school my sons have ever attended. We will be sorry to move on. Their TAG (gifted) program is excellent! My son has learned more here than any other school and has been very happy with all the extra programs such as musicals and student council activities. The teachers have been wonderful. Contrary to other reviewers, the principal is always pleasant and approachable and she seems to be very involved in all that goes on in the school. I highly recommend this school to incoming military families!

Posted August 7, 2010

This school's highlights include wonderful P.E. and music programs, accelerated reader program, and awesome PTA! Hopefully, leadership will improve with new year.

Posted April 28, 2010

As stated in many comments it's true that if your child has needs such as mine has ADHD. You are treated almost hostile. All three teachers he's had here have made him feel like he's worthless. The assistant principle has actually threatened my EIGHT year old child about Alternative school. They offer no assistance for special needs. It is a very strict environment and I know two other parents who have taken their children out to home school because this school leave a bad taste in your mouth. I'm sure that if your child can sit still and focus you might like it, but if your child is in anyway talkative or hyper or unable to focus this is NOT the school for you. It will be your worst nightmare trying to deal with the teachers and the principle.

Posted November 29, 2009

Our daughter is in first grade here, after attending kindergarten as well. She is taught values of respect, discipline and kindness above and beyond the academics. The teachers communicate well with the parents, I know when my daughter has an area that needs work or she's behaved badly. The ParentConnect website is helpful too.

Posted November 18, 2009

I do worry about this school this year and the new principal's way of managing the school. This school prided itself on management and organization and I see nothing but chaos in the hallways and lunchrooms. The teachers are awesome, but management has to be looked at. I wish KISD would take a look.

Posted October 21, 2008

So far I am quite impressed with this school. Keeping in mind, my child has no special needs. For us we love that the teachers are teaching the children to be good respectful citizins. My child has been even more aware of his words and actions when he is at home. He even wants his younger siblings to learn the same. I feel he is being challenged everyday and his work is coming home with great marks. So I guess I am as proud of my child as I am the school. This is the best elementary school in the KISD!

Posted September 24, 2008

A vital element to this school's success is parent involvement. The PTA has a strong and devoted core membership that works tirelessly to improve the school and life for the students. Their contributions provide for so many of the extras (field trips, special programs, library programs, Accelerated Reading, Weekly Readers, and classroom technology) that help this school stand above its peers. Hats off to the PTA Leadership.

Posted September 20, 2008

What an awesome school! My child is happy and learning. Everyday she is challenged intellectually. I appreciate the focus on developing character qualities and learning good manners. It is amazing that the cafeteria can feed 800+ students in a pleasant, 'table conversation' manner. This week my daughter has been remembering to say, 'Yes, ma'am' and 'No, ma'am' because Mrs. Davis says that is an important rule. I love it!

Posted September 19, 2008

I am so proud to be a part of the work at Nolanville Elementary School. Mrs. Davis truly believes that all children are of infinite worth. Everyday we live by the philosophy that when love and skill work together, the result will be a masterpiece. Our masterpiece is not just outstanding student learning, but also the character of our students who are learning to be responsible and respectful citizens.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted September 18, 2008

I am so proud that my children attend an exemplary school. Teachers focus on engaging students in work that is interesting, challenging and rigorous. Children are well-prepared for the state assessments which is outstanding since those tests are aligned with college entrance exams. It is a joy to see the principal interact with students. She truly cares, and the students respond to her warmth and kindness. When my military friends encouraged me to live in this attendance zone, they were 'right on.'

Posted September 18, 2008

Nolanville is an outstanding school. The teachers really care, are well prepared, and go the extra mile. My child has flourished both academically and socially in such a nurturing and affirming environment. Yes, the school had high standards. They teach character lessons and expect the students to be well-behaved. My child looks forward to going to school everyday. The front office staff is always helpful and polite. The principal is a great leader and much loved by children, parents, and teachers.

Posted August 22, 2008

This school is all about studying fot the TAKs test. It seems regular learning can only be done aftet they hyped up the cchildren to the max and scared them. My child was chaotic before the test, she told me all we do is test test test In my believe, if you teach the children properly you do NOT have to worry about scoring well on tests. Oh and the kids do not get ANY real physical activity...watching TV during PE and especkially music cannot be the proper way to teach kids!

Posted August 22, 2008

We loved the school and most of the teachers. But the principal needs to go, she is way too stiff for an elementary school. I have to agrree with one of the other parents who posted, everything is too strict. Children are not even allowed to have some fun during recess, no talking in the lunch room, no running outside..how are the kids supposed to lose some of the excessive energy, so they can concentrate in class again. I guess the principal still needs to learn about this concept...more exercise, smarter, fitter, healthier kids. too sad. but I am happy that we have this school behind us. If this school gets a principal that has a warm heart (and not just a spotless outside) and is FUN, this school would be THE SCHOOL!!

Posted August 22, 2008

My child has special needs and I was mislead by the staff to end his ARD because he was 'doing so well'. Then last year he had a very difficult time and ended up being hospitalized due to emotional distress, because they didn't want to provide the basic direction he needed. When trying to get his ARD re-instated I was told he was manipulting me and that they (the staff) knew him better than I did and they were doing what was best for him. The stress from what was happening in school cause my Autistic 4th grade son to be hospitalized for sucidal thoughts. Beware, when the staff there approaches you about changing your childs IEP or 504. Know your rights upfront. I had to fight for my son's rights to an appropriate education unfortunately he suffered, becuase the staff didn't want to do what is required by law.

Posted June 10, 2008

This school is excellent! The administration & teaching staff is wonderful! We have 2 children that attend this school and we have been very pleased with their school experience! We are moving and I wish we could take this school with us! Great School!

Posted April 1, 2008

This school is awesome and the test scores speak for themselves. My child has gone here for the past 3 years and loves it. He loves his teachers and they are genuinely concerned about his education and development. I have no complaints about the TAG program nor does my child. You won't find another school (public or private) that performs at this level in this locality. Truly a gem.

Posted February 21, 2008

If your child is above average intellectually, beware. The TAG program does not move at a higher pace, and the children are not instructed in creative (outside the box) methods. They are given 'brain boosters'- otherwise known as 'extra work'. Why reward an intelligent thus? The principal is understanding and highly capable, yet kept uninformed by her teachers. Nolanville Elementary has received glowing reviews from many in the area that prefer for their children to not be 'left behind'. If you are satisfied with this form of parenting or if your child is average (or below), then this is the school for you. For me, this school has provided me with the extra push needed seriously contemplate a home school program for my children.

Posted November 15, 2007

This school is too strict. At lunch they cannot talk and must wait for all kids to get to table before they are alowed to sit. They cannot talk in the halls. They cannot go out to play until everyone finishes eating. The principle that has been there changed everything when she came a few years ago. My kids were much happier before she came.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 89% in 2011.

108 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 87% in 2011.

108 students were tested at this school in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 85% in 2011.

96 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 88% in 2011.

96 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 90% in 2011.

92 students were tested at this school in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 82% in 2011.

98 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 81% in 2011.

97 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Science

The state average for Science was 87% in 2011.

93 students were tested at this school in 2011.

All Students94%

Not special education95%
Proficient in English94%
Non-migrant94%

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 79% in 2013.

100 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 69% in 2013.

100 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 72% in 2013.

99 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 68% in 2013.

99 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 71% in 2013.

101 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 77% in 2013.

116 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 75% in 2013.

115 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 73% in 2013.

111 students were tested at this school in 2013.

All Students88%

Limited English proficient (LEP)86%
Proficient in English76%
Non-migrant77%

Source: Texas Education Agency

• In 2010-2011, this school was rated "Recognized".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was rated "Exemplary".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was rated "Exemplary".

Asian or Pacific Islander 1% 4%

Beginning teachers 6%N/AN/A
Source: Civil Rights Data Collection, 2011-2012

Awards

Academic awards received in the past 3 years
  • TEA Gold Performance School 2005-2007 (2005)
  • Title 1 Distinguished Performance School (2006)
  • TEA Exemplary Performance School (2006)

Special education / special needs

School start time
  • 7:30 a.m.
School end time
  • 2:45 p.m.
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school

• Gifted / high performing
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Special education

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

School culture

Dress Code
  • Neither uniforms nor dress code

Apply now