Bad
Good

We specifically moved out of the Keller (Fissol Ridge) School District because of gang issues and guns on campus. Birdville High School was the school of choice due to what we heard from parents in the area. My biggest interest was their Chinese language offerings but after 9th grade I put my son into Spanish - the Chinese teacher was well meaning but totally incapable of teaching Chinese to western students. However, the counselors at BHS are outstanding. Due tto their involvement we were able to navigate through some awful, inflexible district policies. ROTC is also an outstanding unit although the federal government has underfunded the program they still keep up high standards and high expectations. The other neat feature of the school is the Bechtal Learning Center with vocational training venues available to BISD students and are bussed to the center. The coaching staff seem to be at the head of the list here in North Texas and that certainly makes the Birdville students proud to be at this school.

Birdville high school is a very excellent school filled with amazing teachers and a lovely atmosphere!!!!:):):):):):)

I loved my 4 years at BHS. I moved from another school district in the Metroplex, and the difference was remarkable. The students, teachers, fine arts directors, and coaches were committed to success and community-building. I found that the general attitude among students was one of friendliness and camaraderie. I did not experience many exclusive cliques during my time there. Though my friends and I were academically competitive (especially among the "Top 12" students), I did not experience the cut-throat atmosphere reported by friends in Carroll and Grapevine-Colleyville ISDs, or the over-crowded and sterile/regimented environment experienced by friends in Keller schools. All of my teachers knew me well and cared about my present and future. For a new school, we had lots of school spirit and pride in our programs. Birdville prepared me well for a top-tier college and Southern Ivy graduate school. And if I move back to Texas, I would choose Birdville for my [future] kids. I hope students and parents enjoy BHS as much as my family and I did!

My son is a Freshman this year at Birdville High and I am full impressed with the school. I have met all his teachers and the principal and all of the faculty I have met are pasionate and excited to be there. The principal is fully involved and the school is amazing.

Growing up in the mid-cities for the last 30 years you come to know what you want for yourself and your family if you plan to stay and not move away after college. I knew that I always wanted to raise my kids in this area where you have great neighbors, community and great public schools! All three of our older kids are still in the BHS and SMS schools. They all came from attending W.A.Porter Elementary and absolutely love that school and felt they did a great job in preparing our kids for middle and high school! Our high schooler is very involved in the Cheer/Football program and middle schoolers now in 6th grade in band! We love the teachers and staff! Can't speak enough about all three schools and highly recommends others to move to NRH!

The administration at Birdville High is one of the best in the state. The principal and vice principals really care about their students. They not only know the students by name, they KNOW them. They support the students on and off the campus. The care and concern for the students' well being is filtered down to faculty. I am so pleased that my children have attended BHS and feel that they will be prepared for the future.

This school has great academics and it strives on making sure that their students excel in their classes.

BHS Rocks! Our daughter just graduated and our son just moved in. Teachers and staff care about all students. Great opportunities for students in athletics and fine arts programs. We purchased our home in the attendance home just so our kids could attend BHS!

Birdville is a good school. The teachers are great, and they really care. Some students are nice, but there are cliques. If anybody says there isn't, they are crazy. The girls are a little snobby, and the boys only worry about sports. It is always clean. I would rate it a 4 out of 5.

wonderful teachers that do anything they can 2 help you learn and pass

Last modified Birdville High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.