Pharr, TX

Posted August 16, 2014
My son attended oratory from Pk-6th grade. He was awarded highest scholar of his class every year. This meant he had the highest average. We switched him over to public school for 7th grade. He tested for algebra and received the lowest score. He tested for gifted and talented and did not make it. In summary, I paid a lot of money for nothing. There are a lot of better schools out there. Oratory is trying to make changes to compete, but overall they need the money. Therefore,they keep horrible kids in the school that dumb down the system and keep the kids that want to learn behind.

Posted March 10, 2014
It's so sad that people use this forum to attempt to sabotage a school system that gives its' students the best in Catholic, dual-language education. That it can't compare with some of the amenities of public schools may be true, but that will be the case of all private schools. You will never find a better atmosphere that promotes the formation of Christian character and inculcates a sense of philanthropy and compassion with people who have great hearts. Personally, I have only known of this school producing an excellent product, that being their graduates. Alumni are currently working in the fields of medicine, law, education and communications, many of who also continue to do their share in charity work because of their experience in Catholic education. These are the kinds of individuals the world needs more of.

Posted February 24, 2014
this school is horrible in highschool you cannot take ap classes till you are in 11th grade! that is way to late. I went to the enrollment for UTPA and when I said I attend oratory they laughed in my face.

Posted August 08, 2013
Parents, NEVER BRING YOUR KIDS HERE. The Oratory School system has a beautiful message and a strong goal but fails so horribly that it is not enough to make you like this school at all. I went to school here and found that it is all about the money and not about the teaching. The Instructor can't teach since they always seem to be getting mad at the kids that just seem to not care about their education which is predominantly 85% of the class. I used to wake up every morning with pain and fear of what horrible day is looming before me to the point I just wanted to be home schooled. If you are wondering if you should put your kid here, know that you would be paying for the torture of your own child. Sadly a horrible school.

Posted October 13, 2009

Oratory Academy of St. Philip Neri 2

Posted May 22, 2009

Posted March 25, 2008
A good mission, a good studying atmosphere, and the spirit of strong catholic eduation is the tripod of these schools.

Posted October 16, 2007
Excellent work of the school with dual language, preparation for collage, catholic education, excellent teachers, students are being prepared to lead their communities in the academics and morally. I am also a mother that has 4 children being educated in this school and would not change it for all the extracurricular activities.

Oratory Academy of St. Philip Neri 0

Posted July 13, 2007
This school is great! Dual language is an advantage for our children. The Catholic faith is also priority and it is benefical to these children in this day and age. I appreciate all administrators, faculty, and support staff for all their hard work and dedication. Parents are always going to complain but I am one who can say THANKS... I have understood the trials and tribulations of this school and even then it has still succeeded. It is hard to start something out of nothing and establish what my family and I consider to be the best. Fundraising is crucial to keep this great instituion afloat. With no government or Diocesean help what do you expect. FREE TUITION! Come on people. My children are excelling in their studies, faith and life because of this school. So once more I thank you, Oratory Schools!

Oratory Academy of St. Philip Neri 2

Posted May 27, 2007

Oratory Academy of St. Philip Neri
1407 West Moore Road, Pharr, TX  78577
Last modified Oratory Academy of St. Philip Neri is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Oratory Academy of St. Philip Neri Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top