Plano Children's Montessori School

Private | PK-1

Student diversity

Living in Plano

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $179,200. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $940.

Sweep tile

Posted April 7, 2014

Both of our children have been attending PCMS for over a year know. The teacher to student ratio is great in my opinion it is not a daycare like many other places. There is actually a curriculum they follow and it is tailored to your child needs. Our 4 year old will be starting school next year she loves Mrs. Dilshad. Also our soon to be 2 year old has recently transitioned to the toddler class and is surprising me everyday with things she's learned. As far as the food I don't know if it's the most nutritious food in the world I'm sure it's equivalent to what most schools are feeding our children my children never complain and trust they won't eat bad food. We have not had any issues with teachers mistreating or not properly supervising either child. Lastly I really like the discipline and order that Mrs Rad and her teachers instill in the children there's no free for all running screaming children like other places I have visited while searching.

Posted February 11, 2014

Both of our children attend this school. We feel very lucky to have found such a great facility to enroll our children. Mrs Rad had always been very helpful and understanding to our needs and concerns. I could not ask for better teachers for our boys. They have learned so much from this school, from academics to manners... They do it all!!

Posted September 4, 2013

DO NOT ENROLL YOUR CHILD IN THIS HORRIFIC ESTABLISHMENT, YOU WILL REGRET IT. Absolutely the WORST Montessori school in Plano, TX. I came across this school while researching schools for my 3 year old. It specifically caught my attention because it was right down the street from my house and the most affordable at that time. The school had an open house where the director offered specific discounts if you register during the open house. The discount that was offered to me was to sign up today and you get 1 month free, however, that deal (which I had in a written contract) was not honored by the director. When I addressed the miscommunication on her part, she began raising her voice to the point of becoming belligerent and disrespectful. The director and her husband also own CHILDREN S HOUSE MONTESSORI in Allen, TX. Undeniably nothing was done when I reached out to him for help and support with the incident occurring in Plano. They were both willing to lose a customer and student after ONLY 1 month of attending school over a lack communication and breach of contract from PLANO CHILDREN S MONTESSORI. Not to mention the money I had already paid was not refunded to me.

Posted August 16, 2013

My son has been going to Plano Children's Montessori School for 2 1/2 years now. Just to give you a little background, he is very active and wants things "his way or the highway". His teacher, Mrs. Dilshad, has been nothing but patient and kind to him. She acknowledges that he is strong-willed and works together with me to help me (first time mother) figure out alternate methods in communicating with him that will yield results. I can tell her what areas I struggle in and she gives me methods to try. From potty training tricks and feeding someone who does not want to eat to rewarding good behavior vs punishing bad behavior. He is smart so he knows how to spell a few words, count to 20, and on his way to reading vs. identifying words, buts it's the other things that I appreciate the most. Anyone can teach book work. I need BOY WORK! And they definitely have an A++ in helping mold him into a polite, sharing, and caring little boy. TWO THUMBS WAAAAY UP!

Posted August 12, 2013

My almost 5 year old daughter started going to PCMS one year ago, and will be attending one more year since she's a September baby. She went into the pre-k class with Ms. Dilshad. Full time. 7:00am-5:30pm. She had never gone to daycare. I have watched my extremely outgoing and outspoken child come home every day full of fun stories about all of her friends and how much she loves her teacher and assistant teacher. She misses everyone the second we leave. She has excelled in recognizing/writing letters, numbers, sounding Out First letters, reading 3+4 letter words, knowing her days of the week, months of the year, all of her continents, and the planets. She brings home work and arts and craft projects every Friday. They do science projects and learn how to properly carry their chairs and how to slice pieces of bread. They have story time, movie days, and excercise together. I have been impressed with the structure of this school since day one. I am a very involved mother and have gone to holiday get togethers and the talent show they put together, which was adorable. She has never complained about the food or the staff. These are the precious memories to cherish. We love you Ms D!!!

Posted June 30, 2013

plano childrens montessori is an absolute joke. the school is severely understaffed and run by people that do not care about your child. my daughter told me that the young male that works there threw a ball at her back. another lady i met informed me that she witnessed her daughter being pulled by the arm by the same young male. i witnessed a child get hurt and have to go to the hospital via paramedics because there was no one watching the playground. in addition, several times i went to the school to bring my daughter at lunch time and they serve the children unhealthy unappetizing food that is not prepared in a sanitary manner. cold corn from a can, top ramen that was overcooked and was so gelatinous you could almost not tell what it was anymore, cheap boxed cereals served dry on napkins or a little caesars pizza split up between 12 hungry kids. they will push you to purchase their lunch and say that it is balanced but believe me there is nothing healthy or balanced about it. i urge you to look elsewhere for childcare. this place has no care at all.

Posted June 30, 2013

PLANO CHILDRENS MONTESSORI - not the place to send your children. the owners are only in this for the money. they say they want parents to visit the school often and observe but the Ms. Rad, the owner did not support that at all! when i would listen to my daughter that she did not want to stay, i would sometimes take her back home and Ms. Rad's comment to me was...."what are you going to do when she is a teenager and wants to sleep in her boyfriend's bed?" What kind of crazy comment is that??? She looks down upon the parents of her students and because i am in school and my childcare is paid for by CCMS, she text me that she hopes i get stable enough to not have people like her paying for my living expenses. Do not take your child here, especially if you are CCMS, she has no respect for you or your child.

Posted April 26, 2012

Our child attended this school from age 2 1/2 to 5. This was her first experience outside home and, in fact, her first experience with English. We were quite worried about how she would manage the transition. The teachers in the school were extremely kind and patient with our daughter and helped her and us with the transition. Once that happened, she has loved the school and all the teachers. She is now so attached to them that we feel a bit sad that she will now leave this school to attend public school.

Posted October 18, 2004

I had two children who attended PCMS for two years. We noticed that there was high turnover not only with the staff, but the children as well. We were impressed by what the teachers (who stayed) were doing and assumed that the administration was doing the right thing by us. At the end of the second year, they changed the calendar without notice and ended school one week early. Not having children in public school, I was told I 'should have known.' I expected the owners to either refund part of my tuition for that month, or keep my children one additional week into their 'summer camp.' They refused to do either. When I pursued the teachers and parents who had left, I received similar, numerous stories. I tried to volunteer numerous times, but (like others) was kept out. Bottom line: PCMS has some excellent educators, but unethical and uncaring owners.

Posted September 27, 2004

My daugther has been attending PCMS for the past 7 months. Although she has just turned two, she has learned all the alphabet. She also has learned to control herself better and listen, therefore she is very well behaved. She really enjoys going to school each day and loves her teachers and principal.

2707 W. 15th Street