Posted December 03, 2014
As a former student I must say the only good thing about this school was the friends I made there and that has nothing to do with the school itself. The years I spent here were hell and the work load and unreasonable teachers left me extremely stressed out every day. Administration doesn't care about the immense pressure they put on their students. They tell you "if you don't like it, leave." ...and as the years went by many did. I showed up at JPII a happy stress-free freshman and by sophomore year I was an emotional wreck and began having anxiety attacks from the stress of school. The anxiety got so bad I had to go on medication and I still deal with it today. Honestly it wasn't worth destroying my mental health to go to a "college prep" school.

Posted August 19, 2014
We have to chalk this one up as one of the worst decisions we ever made. The admissions staff paints a very different picture than what the actual culture of the school believes. Very few are happy here, including the staff, which has a large turnover. We lasted two long, horrible years at JPII. The president is completely unapproachable and the students have zero respect for him and the top heavy administration. In addition, the students are not allowed to leave the building to get any fresh air or sunshine except for sports. The few classrooms that do have windows, the blinds are always kept shut. The student body for the most part seems lifeless and pale. I feel for each one of them, not to be able to have a great HS experience. Run, don't walk away from this prison of a school!

Posted May 21, 2014
My daughter is finishing her Junior year at John Paul II high school and has flourished here after a very difficult elementary and junior high experience at a neighboring Catholic elementary school in Plano. The teachers are knowledgeable and really provide thought provoking education. The student body is diverse and welcoming of all types of students. My daughter is involved in a number of extracurricular activities and loves them all. I have seen my daughter grow into a well rounded young lady and I thank the faculty and staff at JP II for their care of my daughter. I believe she will be well prepared for her college years.

Posted May 19, 2014
Don't....it's a scam of a school! The teachers have zero teaching experience. So imagine the level of education your kid will get on a daily basis when the best they have to offer are workbooks and YouTube!

John Paul Ii High School 2

Posted May 11, 2014
John Paul II High School is only an average school based on academic challenges to students. The problem that I have encountered is the school is very much clic driven and numerous students are alienated for one reason or another. However, in my opinion the biggest problem at John Paul II despite only having 660 students has a president, 6 deans and numerous other administrative staff including a "student advocate" that have ill defined roles that often are muddled. The rules laid out in their handbook are not enforced uniformly. It seems like the handbook is only used on an exception basis and then only to punish specific students. Additionally, there are items that are not called out as being a school violation but the various deans are given the authority to arbitrarily make up punishments. I personally know students that have been sent to psychiatric clinics for arbitrary lengths of time that such punishments are never listed in their handbook. Then upon return by the student from these mandatory stays at these clinics they are harassed for not knowing subject matter & test poorly on material covered while they were forced into a program where they cannot attend the school.

Posted December 16, 2013
First of all this is written by a current student. This school epitomizes the attitude of wastefulness. There is an inordinate amount of busy work and the teachers are slackers just like the students. The students are required to take 4 years of theology which still counts towards the child's GPA. This only holds the child back from getting into the university of their choice. The majority of graduating seniors either go to Tech or Arkansas which are the underbelly of the American college system. I guess it fits since school is the underbelly of the Catholic education system. I honestly don't care if I were to get in trouble for this review because it is honest, however it is not above this school to expel a child for expressing his/her opinion. Most of the reviews on this page were most likely posted by administrators presenting themselves as parents or students. Please do not send your child here, save the money and invest it in something worthwhile such as a college fund.

Posted November 25, 2013
John Paul ll High School in Plano is undoubtedly the best College Prep School in the city of Plano!!

John Paul Ii High School 3

Posted October 30, 2013
I'm a freshman here this year and it is definitely a big transition from public to private school. It can either be wonderful and amazing or just terrible. the public school kids hang with the public schoolers and the private schoolers hang with the private schooolers. There are a lot of kids who smoke and drink but if you dont get under that influence, then the school is really great. the small class sizes are good and the teachers are decent i would say. the cirriculum is about the same as if you took all higher level courses in public school.

Posted September 27, 2013
This school infinitely prepared me for college. The superb staff prepped my mind to intellectually understand broader concepts and be able to think at a higher level than my college peers. If you challenge yourself by taking the AP courses, and actively participating in classes it pays off. I developed study habits that are definitely not traditional but that work for me and I learned how to establish a relationship with your professors. Honestly, college is a breeze compared to JP2

Posted September 08, 2013
Hi! I'm a freshman at JPII (Class of 2017!) if you're thinking of sending your kid(s) here, you should. Depending on what classes you have, they can be rigorous. If you're a freshman DO NOT pile on tons of Pre Ap classes. I have two-English and world geography and cultures. World geography and cultures is rigorous, you have to study for this class whenever you have time or else you WILL fail. For an example, I have 6 pages of outline notes on 26-page chapter and oral report due on Tuesday and its Sunday and I'm done. JPII academics is not for the faint of heart. Sports are also tough at times. I'm in basketball and Our coach is looking for the 'creame de la creame' Over the summer, you need to do something athletic. Run a mile every other day and join a camp at John Paul: stay in shape or else you will pay for it in strength and conditioning. So if you're looking at creating a schedule, it might look like this: your core classes in College Prep, Pre ap, and Ap and three electives. If you earned some credits in ms or another hs, JPII will NOT COUNT IT. Anyway, I hope I gave you some info and honestly, it's a great school and really accepting! I hope to see you next year!

John Paul Ii High School
900 Coit Road, Plano, TX  75075
Last modified John Paul Ii High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
John Paul Ii High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 51 reviews. Top