9-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)

Posted December 29, 2015
John Paul has been a terrific school for my daughter. She is a sophomore and loves every aspect of the school The academics are great and sports are a big part of the school. there is a sport for every person if they choose; of course some sports are much more competitive than others. The social environment at the school is great. It is small enough that students get to know others in their class but large enough that there is plenty to offer all students. We are so happy that we made the choice to send her to John Paul - and we are not Catholic and has not been an issue at all.

John Paul Ii High School 2

Posted December 18, 2015
John Paul High School has been a great disappointment. Teachers are average and administration and coaches should be arrested for their aggressive approaches to the students. To spend $18,000 a year is robbery. If you are pondering John Paul 11, please take my advice and go to public school. All you will get at JP is grief!

Posted September 16, 2015
I graduated from this school last year and I am so glad I am done with it. The administration is a joke and the majority of the teachers have no clue what's going on. Meanwhile, the student body is so jaded by the school that that have no idea of what is happening in the real world. I would strongly advise sending your kids elsewhere.

Posted April 08, 2015
I have a graduating senior who spent all four years at JPII HS. We are a non-Catholic family but were welcomed with open arms. I found the staff from the administrators to the teachers and the secretaries to be helpful, kind, and willing to go the extra mile when my child needed it. My senior got into many top colleges and ended up receiving a FULL academic scholarship to the college of her choice. Thank you, John Paul II HS! Even though I teach in a secondary school in Plano ISD, I chose to send my child to JPII because of the academic rigor and the opportunities available across all areas - sports, fine arts, community service etc. My child's younger sibling opted to attend a high school in Plano ISD and we acquiesced. We plan to send her to JPII next year, however, because I feel the education she received this year in the public school system was sub-par.

Posted March 27, 2015
We have a rising freshman that was just accepted for the 2015-2016 school year. We chose JPII over moving our kids to Highland Park Independent School Ditrict, which is ranked highly in the Dallas area. After visiting JPII several times over a 2 year period and seeking out families on our own for references on JPII, we chose JPII. Every family has had wonderful experiences to share with us. We are not Catholic and have spoken with non-Catholic families and Catholic families to learn more about JPII. I really wish all those wonderful family experiences we have learned of, were posted to this site.

Posted December 03, 2014
As a former student I must say the only good thing about this school was the friends I made there and that has nothing to do with the school itself. The years I spent here were hell and the work load and unreasonable teachers left me extremely stressed out every day. Administration doesn't care about the immense pressure they put on their students. They tell you "if you don't like it, leave." ...and as the years went by many did. I showed up at JPII a happy stress-free freshman and by sophomore year I was an emotional wreck and began having anxiety attacks from the stress of school. The anxiety got so bad I had to go on medication and I still deal with it today. Honestly it wasn't worth destroying my mental health to go to a "college prep" school.

Posted August 19, 2014
We have to chalk this one up as one of the worst decisions we ever made. The admissions staff paints a very different picture than what the actual culture of the school believes. Very few are happy here, including the staff, which has a large turnover. We lasted two long, horrible years at JPII. The president is completely unapproachable and the students have zero respect for him and the top heavy administration. In addition, the students are not allowed to leave the building to get any fresh air or sunshine except for sports. The few classrooms that do have windows, the blinds are always kept shut. The student body for the most part seems lifeless and pale. I feel for each one of them, not to be able to have a great HS experience. Run, don't walk away from this prison of a school!

Posted May 21, 2014
My daughter is finishing her Junior year at John Paul II high school and has flourished here after a very difficult elementary and junior high experience at a neighboring Catholic elementary school in Plano. The teachers are knowledgeable and really provide thought provoking education. The student body is diverse and welcoming of all types of students. My daughter is involved in a number of extracurricular activities and loves them all. I have seen my daughter grow into a well rounded young lady and I thank the faculty and staff at JP II for their care of my daughter. I believe she will be well prepared for her college years.

Posted May 19, 2014
Don't....it's a scam of a school! The teachers have zero teaching experience. So imagine the level of education your kid will get on a daily basis when the best they have to offer are workbooks and YouTube!

John Paul Ii High School 2

Posted May 11, 2014
John Paul II High School is only an average school based on academic challenges to students. The problem that I have encountered is the school is very much clic driven and numerous students are alienated for one reason or another. However, in my opinion the biggest problem at John Paul II despite only having 660 students has a president, 6 deans and numerous other administrative staff including a "student advocate" that have ill defined roles that often are muddled. The rules laid out in their handbook are not enforced uniformly. It seems like the handbook is only used on an exception basis and then only to punish specific students. Additionally, there are items that are not called out as being a school violation but the various deans are given the authority to arbitrarily make up punishments. I personally know students that have been sent to psychiatric clinics for arbitrary lengths of time that such punishments are never listed in their handbook. Then upon return by the student from these mandatory stays at these clinics they are harassed for not knowing subject matter & test poorly on material covered while they were forced into a program where they cannot attend the school.

John Paul Ii High School
900 Coit Road, Plano, TX  75075
Last modified John Paul Ii High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12