Bethany Elementary School 2

Posted May 28, 2013
The teachers work well with children who fit in their box of ideal. If a child doesn't fit the norm, this is not the school for them. The teachers are very sweet, but my daughter doesn't need an extra mother, she needs a teacher. They are too focused on social issues and not enough on learning. My daughter's class was given 8 spelling lists for the entire year this year, but only 6 spelling tests. Her teacher won't questions about a child's progress unless she have a standardized test to back them up and then they blame the curriculum for the short comings. I am removing my child from this school as I feel we have wasted this entire year when she could have been learning something. Yes, I know, one bad apple, but this teacher is the team lead for the grade.

Posted March 11, 2013
Excellent principal, excellent teachers, friendly staff... there's just nothing bad I can say about this school. We have two kids in Bethany and we are extremely pleased. I can't imagine a school being any better than this.

Posted February 28, 2013
Do NOT buy a home in this neighborhood an have your child attend this school!! The neighborhood is very unfriendly and you never see kids around. If you are at all interested in your child having neighborhood friends, this is not the place. Bethany has a new principal who is very odd and lacks leadership qualities in my opinion and is never reachable. Safety is a big issue for me and my husband and I were always let in without verification of who we were. Our child never attended a field trip the whole year he was there. They never did any plays and they do NOT let parents in the classroom. This was a complete shock to us. Our child's teacher actually told us that she "had never had a parent in her classroom". This baffled us because our child was in a younger grade and we had always been welcome to his classroom in previous schools to help out, volunteer, etc.Save your child and pick another area!!

Posted December 21, 2012
My daughter is in Kinder this year, she is very petite and young for school. Her birthday is 1 week prior to to cut off for school. We have been very pleased with the help and guidance given to her. Also what has been helpful is the direction given to us, the parents. The staff are great and make learning fun, interactive and not boring. The parent involvement is great and there is always something neat going on at the school. I love that the pincipal is outside every morning greeting the children as they come into the building and the counselor who is always there to help with the children. Especially, ones who are having a little trouble adjusting to school. Overall, we are super excited that we live in this neighborhood and have this great school to go to. We had thought about moving, but have changed our minds due to the calibar of school we have here. I know in 3 years my son will be excited to join his big sister. Go Bethany!

Posted May 20, 2012
My daughter is in third grade at Bethany Elementary School, and she loves her teachers, classmates and the environment. We moved to Plano last year, and I was concerned about my daughter adjusting to her new school. The teachers did an amazing job, they paid individual attention, made her feel comfortable and helped her settle in. We are happy that my daughter goes to Bethany, and we could not have chosen a better school for my daughter to receive her education in this crucial stage of her life. Bethany staff makes learning fun for the children, and we are glad to be with Bethany.

Posted February 28, 2012
Bethany Elementary School is an amazing school with an amazing team of faculty and staff. I have two children there and my third child will start there this fall. I cannot imagine a better Elementary School for my children and tell my self everyday how lucky I am to be at a school that challenges my children with strong academics and social skills that better prepares them for their future life as responsible citizens. I am more than happy about their emphasis on health and wellness and am proud to say that we are one of three schools in Plano to be given the Healthy Zone award especially considering the growing epedemic of childhood obesity in this country. Three cheers to our teachers and staff for their dedication and excellence everyday of the year. Thank You from a very grateful parent.

Posted February 15, 2012
We are thrilled with the new leadership in the building. Teachers and staff excel at meeting students at their level, and are receptive to parent involvement and input. They are adept at implementing the rigorous standards of the PISD curriculum, and yet I still feel that both of my children receive the individualization they need. Their PACE program is second to none, and the school recently was 1 of only 3 schools in PISD to be awarded the Healthy Choice School Award for the various programs in place in the building. There are numerous opportunities for parent involvement, whether that be on a daily, weekly, or monthly schedule, and we even utilize our parents' help at home for those parents who want to contribute but work full time. We have outstanding teachers, from Kindergarten all the way up through Fifth, the librarian teaches fantastic lessons weekly with each grade level, and we love the comfortable, friendly environment of being a neighborhood school.

Bethany Elementary School 3

Posted December 30, 2011
I have to agree that we have excellent parent participation. We finally have a new principal who is interested in the kids as individuals. The staff has always towards teaching their social agenda, whatever that might be for the year. It's insulting for them to tell kindergartners to watch what they eat so they don't become overweight, even the slender kids get this message. And to tell girls that "nasty boys" will look up their skirts so they have to wear shorts under their skirts was totally over the top. The teachers in kindergarten seem to have no faith in children's ability and act as if they are doing me a favor by teaching my "hopeless" child who obviously needs standardized testing to see if she's good enough. It's outrageously insulting. The new principal seems to be listening and things are changing for the better. I would prefer they teach reading and math instead of social agendas.

Bethany Elementary School 0

Posted August 20, 2009
The male version - short and sweet. I have two children at Bethany. From top to bottom, it does not get any better.

Posted September 24, 2008

Bethany Elementary School
2418 Micarta Drive, Plano, TX  75025
Last modified Bethany Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bethany Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews.