Plano, TX

Posted February 15, 2015
Armstrong Middle School is a fabulous school in Plano ISD. My son has seen tremendous academic growth over the last few years. The teachers at this school care more than any I have ever seen. The Counselors are always available to work with you and your student during the difficult middle school growing period. In addition to a great overall support system, the school is making incredible academic gains. The school received 4 out of 7 academic distinctions from the State of Texas. The one that clearly out shines the rest is "student progress". Armstrong went from number 10 in the state to number 6 over the last few years. That says a lot about the direction this school is headed. Lastly, you should meet the principal. He is a very energetic all about the students and families kind of guy. No appointments necessary! Great teachers! Great school!

Posted January 11, 2014
Armstrong Middle School is one of the best-kept secrets in Plano. Despite the socioeconomic challenges that many students have, Armstrong's population, in general, thrives under the guidance and instruction of some of the most dedicated faculty and staff I've ever encountered as an educational professional. Parents who volunteer -- however infrequently (I work full-time) or frequently -- will be rewarded by the family feeling of Armstrong's PTA, which actively solicits the participation of parents/guardians from all backgrounds. Both of my sons have attended and flourished in the academic and social setting provided by the school. I highly recommend that students seek involvement in Armstrong's outstanding fine arts program. Our athletic teams aren't currently known for winning records, but the athletic staff are nonetheless excellent and absolutely focused on the overall success of the kids. The current principal is a visible and enthusiastic leader. I highly recommend Armstrong as a school and encourage prospective parents to get involved through PTA, even if it is only for a few hours a year.

Armstrong Middle School 1

Posted October 04, 2013
AVOID this school at all costs! We are only into the second 6 weeks and my child has been repeatedly bullied, had his life threatened, and was beat up by another student. The staff does absolutely nothing! They are more concerned with their reputation and funding to make an actual report.

Armstrong Middle School 4

Posted April 30, 2013
Teachers are really great and they should be proud of what they have given these kids . Unfortunately they could use a lot more support and they are not getting even half of what they need.

Armstrong Middle School 3

Posted January 26, 2013
Fights everywhere, The school has 2 floors as well and a close friend of mine was in a fight where someone tried to push her down the stairs. Not a very friendly environment for a school... I had a horrible experience going there.

Posted March 13, 2011
The school is under new leadership! Principal has very high expectations for all students. Staff is really motivated to help all students.

Posted October 11, 2010
The staff at AMS is always willing to help all students be successful academically and socially.

Armstrong Middle School 3

Posted March 09, 2010
My son has done well in 6th grade. Honors Math is challenging for him (good!). Teachers are good; no complaints. Band program is good; it is a well oiled machine. Diverse population. PTA is dedicated to making the school strong. Staff is friendly and helpful. I have asked my son if he wants to transfer and he does not.

Posted February 24, 2010
Armstrong, despite it's challenges is a fantastic school. Dedicated teachers, hardworking students and a great PTA make it a success story. Amazing band program. Fantastic Honors for advanced students, and a principal that is passionate about her students that are at risk and disadvantaged make a great school. I am proud to send my children there.

Posted January 13, 2010
My daughter went to Armstrong; my failure to provide details on rif raff caught her a case in juve. I ended up paying for naive view of where and what girls are up to right now really fast. After it was all over, I did end up with an informed kid who took advantage of drama, choir, and some advanced classes. I guess the school showed up the frailities in what I was passing along but just in time for me to watch and pay attention to who and where and why. It is quite diverse; all kinds make parents so you see how this starts to affect the children at this stage. I moved here from Pflugerville for work. This is still Dallas (real fast) even though it's farther North. Needless to say, my 5th grader does not want to attend Armstrong.

3805 Timberline Drive, Plano, TX  75074
Last modified Armstrong Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Armstrong Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top