Haggard Middle School 1

Posted October 30, 2014
D j vu.... 8th grade counselor went missing and of course the Admin didn't think it was important for the parents to know.... Only reason Julie-Ann even released a letter is because a few parents complained to PISD. As always the Julie-Ann and the rest of the admin staff believe they are above the Parents and do not have to answer to no one. She will stomp on anyone that even tries to make her accountable tor her actions.

Haggard Middle School 5

Posted October 04, 2014
Safe, empowering community in which children go through a life changing transformation that ripples through the family. I used to work there.

Posted April 16, 2014
I agree with the previous post. The teachers are great but the admin needs help. The ladies in the front office wouldn t know what a smile is or being pleasant to the parents & students that walk in. The principle and her staff are unfriendly and I volunteer up there at the school store during the lunch period and I have never seen them speak to a kid with respect. But again I want to say how much we love the teachers there and that is the only reason we are not looking at transferring out. Just don t expect anything from the admin and you will be happy there.
2 people found this helpful

Posted April 03, 2014
The teachers are great. But the front office and principle and vice principle I don't think I have ever seen them be positive to a kid. I am really surprised how they talk down to most of the kids. We are for sure about transferring out. I really feel like they prefer that parents are not involved in their kids education. Bloke we just get in the way.

Posted January 12, 2011
My daughter attended Haggard for three years, and I saw the principal one time at one school event. Unacceptable. The staff at this school is just OK. Not a lot of longevity, and high attrition. After three years, I was pretty underwhlemed by Haggard.

Haggard Middle School 5

Posted August 16, 2010
My daughter attended Haggard for a few months during a transition. The teachers went out of their way to help her integrate into the school as a 7th grader. She had come directly from a 6th grade elementary program and was able to adjust quickly with the support offered. The teachers immediately recognized her academic strength and moved her to honors courses despite her only being at the school for 3 months. She loved Haggard and was sad to leave but I am extremely thankfull for the help and support we received from the staff during our short time there. It was also a diverse school but very inclusive and accepting. Overall a great school.

Haggard Middle School 3

Posted July 05, 2010
I have had both a son and daughter attend this school for all 3 years. My daughter did very well, as she always does. My son struggled every year. At the end of this 8th grade year, he had failed Math and had to go to summer school (which I felt was a waste of time because he is still not prepared for 9th grade math). Overall I think Haggard is a good school, but they are not prepared to deal with kids with different learning styles. And they all 'teach to the TAKS', which I think is very unfortunate. The teacher's paychecks are directly linked to how the kids perform on those TAKS tests, so for many of them - that is their motivation. It's a shame, because the kids end up not really learning what they need to learn to succeed and are pushed through 'the system.'

Haggard Middle School 3

Posted December 23, 2008

Haggard Middle School 1

Posted August 23, 2008

Haggard Middle School 0

Posted May 27, 2008
Overall, the teachers work very hard with the students. I think there could be a few more extracurricular activities for the 6th graders to participate in, but educationally it's a great school.

Haggard Middle School
2832 Parkhaven Drive, Plano, TX  75075
Last modified Haggard Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Haggard Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top