Wilson Middle School

Public | 6-8 | 963 students

Sweep tile

Posted January 27, 2014

This school it horrible when it comes to special needs kids! The worst teacher would be Angela Rexford, LA sped teacher, the principals conducts are way off base! They protect the wrong doing of teachers, and go out there way to sabotage a child's life literally! they are more reactive than proactive!

Posted October 14, 2013

Wilson is a great school. Great teachers, and the best athletics coaches in the district.

Posted August 13, 2013

This is my last year of Wilson, so i know what I'm saying. I disagree with what most of the parents are saying. Yeah, there's bullying, but come on people-THIS IS LIFE! No matter where you go or how old you are there will always be bullying. You can't protect your children forever. All of my teachers are super nice and care about their students-unless they are as rude as... you can probably finish the sentence. And just because of that sentence don't you dare down grade me. And yeah, we get searched on the last day of school, but it's more for shaving cream and spray paint that 8th graders bring because it's the last day. It is a bit smaller than average, it is a bit dated-I guess, but it doesn't help when you look at the down side, and not look at the bright side-as my fellow student(8/6/13) stated. Wilson has great programs and staff, and -no offense- but it seems like a lot of you are publicizing online school instead of focusing on the topic-WILSON. All of my family went here, and that includes my disabled cousin, so get your facts straight. They're treated as equals. As for racism, we have a lot of diversity for a small school and we're pretty cool with it.Wilson isn't trash.

Posted August 6, 2013

I'm a student here and I have to say all o the other Parents are wrong about wilson wilson is a great school so there is some bad kids there are kids. Like that in every school I'm goin into the 7th grade now and I'm perfectly fine there is one kid that has cancer and everyone treats him like a normal kid and this is a perfect school for kids that play instruments so parents out there stop looking on the down side and look on the bright side for once

Posted May 18, 2013

If you have disabilities this is the worst school ever. I have disabled children and am disabled myself and have been treated horribly by the administration and teachers.

Posted May 16, 2013

The school has mostly good teachers, in social studies i feel that it is being paced way to fast. The only over all problem are the students them selves. It seems that people get away with anything, and are given a "light punishment" either they need to have worse punishments or get rid of the students who don't want to learn and just want to get in trouble. I would say public schools are horrible, do online or some other, you will be happy that you made the decision later on.

Posted August 6, 2012

Wilson Middle School. Couldn't do it. Wouldn't do it. Why do it? My daughter was a talented, beautiful, smart, moral child. Drowning in a sea of middle school bulliers. She was intentionally being tormented in physical, verbal, and psychological ways. Teachers and counselors were unable to help. She needed a change. we needed a new way to do school. K12 TXVA would be our new option. I was scared. I doubted my abilities to educated my child. I did not believe that K12TXVA would be something I could do as a parent coach. My daughter is self-motivated and disciplined. Together we embarked on this adventure. After some bumps in the road while getting started we became comfortable with how the program was set up. She was able set a schedule for herself that at the end of the day gave her more freedom than public school could offer. She had as long as she needed to master lessons that were difficult for her. She could use You tube videos to supplement her learning. We were able to use our school time more effectively and have private tutors if needed. Because we were able to use our time more effectl,y she had more time to go to the horse barn. She had time to be in private orchestras.

Posted August 2, 2012

As a parent of a middle school student at Wilson I couldn't be happier with my child's education. Middle school is a challenge, but this school, campus wide has helped to keep my daughter focused on her academics. She has learned so much and is growing into a lovely young woman because of WilsonMS!!! We arae so happy with this school and thrilled to have such a lovely environment for our daughter.

Posted February 12, 2012

I'm a student at Wilson Middle School and I completely hate it. The teachers walk around as if they hate thier jobs and choose favorites that they dont make do as much work. Not only do they show favoritism,and dislike some students, but they also do nothing about bullying. My family moves around alot and this is the worst school I have ever been to!

Posted December 17, 2011

I went to Wilson when I was younger and my 13 year old goes there now. The school has gone down hill big time! I hate that my son goes to school there. A lot of the teachers/staff act like they dont want to be there, dont want to give the extra effort to help. The kids there are awful. They all had to walk through a metal detector the last day of school last year for fear of kids bringing guns and knives. There is constant bullying and it doesnt seem like the staff is doing anything to control it.. I am definitely looking for another middle school for my son and I know A LOT of other parents that feel the same way. It is really sad how bad it has gotten.

Posted September 25, 2011

Hello parents & students! So, I am new to Wilson Middle School, bu this school is amazing! The teachers are always there and making sure you are learning. I just love this school. Great people too. Before I went to this school, I did a little research about this school and people's opinion and I was kinda sad and worried because of all the bad comments. But then the first day of school, I saw that all those comments were wrong. It really deserves 5 stars :) And becasue i am a student in Wilson Middle School, no one knows better than me because I am there all day.

Posted April 21, 2010

We moved our family back to Plano because of the great experiences with PISD. However, Wilson was a total disappointment. The administrative team was more concerned about procedures and punishment rules than offering real challenges for the kids. Unprofessional, and I certainly don't trust my children in their hands anymore.

Posted December 5, 2009

I attended Wilson 6th and 7th grade it's a pretty good school. teachers are mostly good. the 6th grade teachers are welcoming to the new students. great fine arts program.
—Submitted by a student

Posted November 5, 2008

I have attended Wilson Middle School and I have to say that is a wonderful school. The teachers are helpful, the students are kind, and many students leave with high grades. I transferred schools and i was dissapointed with it. WIlson is a very good school and i was very happy.
—Submitted by a student

Posted August 5, 2008

My sister is special needs and attended Wilson Middle School. We were extremely disappointed in the faculity as well as the students. The teachers lacked kindness and compassion and were slow to respond to situations that should have been avoided. The students were uncaring and the ability to reach out to others was nonexistent. The school needs to do major diversity training. I do not have kind words to say about Plano schools. I recommend a kindler, gentler school district for special needs students.

Posted August 2, 2008

For children who needs a little more to reach the highest levels or to the struggling kids who needs the extra push, this is the best school in PISD. My 4 kids came to Wilson with various degrees of needs. They all passed Wilson with the highest honors. Wonderful teachers and a Principal who is second to none.

Posted June 24, 2008

I really love Wilson Middle school. My son had wonderful teachers and experiences. He got so much out of this past year having Ms. Husbands as his English teacher. She was very clever with finding ways to lure the boys into a love of writing.

Posted October 27, 2005

Wilson is a very challenging school. Lots of homework. Children are encouraged to think. The teachers are in touch with the children and care about each and every child. They will communicate with the parents. They welcome emails and will let you know how your child is doing. Great school!

Posted March 2, 2005

Excellent school. Great principal with involved PTA. The interaction I've had with the teachers has been positive, even when we had to meet to discuss my child's performance. I feel like part of the team helping my child get the best education. My child is enjoying everything. The police officer running crimestoppers is the best; my child was so impressed with him in 5th grade she couldn't wait to come to Wilson to join crimestoppers. The band teachers were great and my child enjoyed learning a new instrument and the whole experience.

Posted November 15, 2004

Our second child is in her 2nd (7th Grade) year at Wilson and we are still as happy as ever. With a total of 5 years experience here the only complaints we would have is lack of funding for athletics and extracurricular activities due to the 'Robin Hood Law' in Texas. Our previously well funded schools are suffering due to wealth redistribution. The school treats all children the same with the same demand for excellence. The purposeful diversity attained by bringing students of African American and Hispanic decent from East Plano into this predominately white neighborhood and the scores this school receives from the state plainly supports our observations.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 84% in 2011.

297 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 83% in 2011.

289 students were tested at this school in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 86% in 2011.

310 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 81% in 2011.

307 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 94% in 2011.

301 students were tested at this school in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 85% in 2011.

284 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 73% in 2011.

284 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Science

The state average for Science was 79% in 2011.

273 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 95% in 2011.

279 students were tested at this school in 2011.

All Students89%

Limited English proficient (LEP)100%
Proficient in English98%
Non-migrant98%

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 71% in 2013.

266 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 74% in 2013.

259 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 77% in 2013.

308 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 71% in 2013.

300 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 70% in 2013.

301 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 84% in 2013.

289 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 77% in 2013.

175 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 75% in 2013.

275 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 63% in 2013.

278 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 78% in 2013.

103 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra II

The state average for Algebra II was 97% in 2013.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 85% in 2013.

Chemistry

The state average for Chemistry was 84% in 2013.

English I Reading

The state average for English I Reading was 65% in 2013.

English I Writing

The state average for English I Writing was 48% in 2013.

English II Reading

The state average for English II Reading was 78% in 2013.

English II Writing

The state average for English II Writing was 52% in 2013.

English III Reading

The state average for English III Reading was 63% in 2013.

English III Writing

The state average for English III Writing was 42% in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 86% in 2013.

Physics

The state average for Physics was 81% in 2013.

U.S. History

The state average for U.S. History was 73% in 2013.

World Geography

The state average for World Geography was 75% in 2013.

World History

The state average for World History was 70% in 2013.

All Students85%

U.S. History

World Geography

World History

Source: Texas Education Agency

• In 2010-2011, this school was rated "Academically Acceptable".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was rated "Recognized".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was rated "Recognized".

Asian 8% 3%
Source: NCES, 2010-2011

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
Instructional aide(s)/coach(es)
Librarian/media specialist(s)
Robotics/Technology specialist(s)
Speech and language therapist(s)
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school officials and community members.

Special education / special needs

• Speech and language therapist(s)

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Robotics/Technology specialist(s)

• Instructional aide(s)/coach(es)
  • Librarian/media specialist(s)
  • Robotics/Technology specialist(s)
Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Targeted Assistance program (TAS)
Transportation options