Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

So many teachers and all of them care! That's just astonishing. I've experienced some unhappy teachers and some teachers who aren't very interested in speaking to me about my child. These teachers at this school express interest and dedication without any hesitation.

I'll start with the building. It's a safe environment and well designed & cared for building. When you are given clearance to enter the building you will be greeted by two very kind and respectful secretaries. The counseling staff is great. The Teachers care and without hesitation are dedicated to their students success. Its diverse and has a good balance of many different cultures. I've had my share of experiences with several school districts in other states. I've been a part of a top rated school districts outside of TX. This school district is by far our favorite. My student doesn't have as much fun as other schools offered. This school body is more low key and not as mature as middle schoolers in other states. I appreciate that it keeps my child more youthful instead of rushing to be an adult. All in all its got an excellent staff. I was a little hesitant with the principal because I have been within 10 feet of him several times and he never spoke to me or welcomed us. He was very professional though when I had to meet with him in regards to a disciplinary issue. I'm so glad we chose Schimelpfenig Middle School for our child.

There needs to be fifteen words but all I can say is this school was amazing!

I have a son in PACE at SMS. Most teachers and especially the Student Counselor are very caring and involved. My son felt comfortable to contact any teacher with any question by email or in person. Even tho my son picked up the Viola for the first time in 6th grade, he made all-region in 8th grade, due to the inspiring orchestra director. The Counselor Mr.Schlosser is the best! He has helped immensely for all questions about course schedule in 9th grade and Credit By Exam. Also have to mention excellent Math and PACE programs at SMS. In all - a very supportive environment for the kids, and teachers give homework, but don't believe in slave driving!!!

This school is AMAZINGLY for multiple reasons. Firstly, the music programs (especially the band) are one of the best in Texas. It also excels in sports and athletics, they have won countless titles th ough the years. Lastly, the teachers and staff are great and this school offers great higher level math (up to 3 grades ahead)

We transferred our two children from Bowman ( our feeder school) to SMS and the daily commute has been a huge sacrifice for our family, however, well worth our time. Cant express enough gratitude towards the teachers, especially the honors & PACE programs, and more importantly Principal Jason Myatt & his administrative staff. Everyone at SMS, including the PTA, takes pride in their work and its obvious that the students are top priority -- daily!

Personally i think that Schimelpfenig is an amazing school. The teachers are amazing and the administrators too. The teachers know what their teaching and know how to teach it. The school is very well disciplined and they know how to get something done when it is needed. The principals (all 3) are fantastic and very nice. They really care about the children and are just doing it for the money. I really recommend SMS.

Schim is ehhhh, English program is great, math is terrible, sports are up and down, Homework and discipline are sooooooooooooo sorry. And were supposed to pick between Plano adn West now. -.-

go sms!!! have panther pride!! full of education anf fun at the same time!!! Go to Schimel, and you'll spell "and" as "anf" EVERY TIME!!!

Schimelpfenig has been an good school for our kids. PACE program is excellent, challenging, and has incredible teachers. There is lots of homework, but both of my kids are working ahead of grade level and there is some opportunity to work on at school. This school is now a "split" school not due to parents, but because of the school district's attempt to balance enrollment and test scores. Parents I know are friendly and involved.

Last modified Schimelpfenig Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.