Posted April 17, 2014
Excellent School with amazing teachers and PTA. We moved in this neighborhood just for a better School and we are loving it.

Posted November 18, 2013
This is an outstanding school with some top performing teachers and very demanding parents that keep this school on its toes. Be aware that this is a very competitive school. Students here are very sharp and go onto the top performers in the next level.

Andrews Elementary School 2

Posted September 14, 2013
This year Andrews started accepting transfers from people who do not live in the Andrews neighborhood. This is ridiculous. The classes are overflowing. 24+ kids in every class and new kids will come throughout the year. Very disappointing.

Andrews Elementary School 4

Posted July 05, 2012
Excellent staff and top quality teachers who really care about their students and go the extra mile to ensure that their scores are above the national average. The Principal is involved with the students and connects well with them and the parents. She is a daily fixture during the mornings where she welcomes her students and helps them out of the car. The student body is much more diverse than one would expect for this area which is a good thing in most cases. The student body is very heavily Indian in makeup and it has led to issues amongst the children of other nationalities/race. There seems to be a cultural divide amongst the kids and in ways that they interact with one another during lunch and at recess. This hasn't led to any issues that have personally been beyond our ability to handle but it is very apparent and this issue only appears to be growing larger after our three years there. In closing I think the education that one receives at Andrews is absolutely top notch, my child's progress has been impressive and all of the credit is due to her teachers. This is a great school but parents be aware of the cultural issues that will likely arise.

Posted March 14, 2012
As an immigrant I have no prior experience of American Schooling but I adores Andrews elementary. The teacher really cares for the students. I remembered the first month that my daughter is in Kindergarten, the teacher asked what their interest in and helped different child to research into that topic. This helps the children to feel involved and encouraged them to learn. Also the prinicpal Mrs. Strickland is one that I woould love to have as a kid, for 3 years(my daughter is in 2nd grade now). whether it is snowing, sunny or rainy day. She will be at the carpool lane, greeting the kids and opening doors for them. Last week in the school aseembly, I even saw her dancing with the children. This is one fun school that i will want to attend myself. A lot of people has comented on how excellent the academic of this school is and I want to say I totalyy agree. As an immigrant, I am thrilled with my 1st experience of American schooling.

Posted February 08, 2012
I have two sons that have gone to Andrews Elementary. One has graduated to middle school, one still attends. My experience has been a great one! The teachers have been a great balance of challenging and caring. There are tons of opportunities for parents to be involved. The school is diverse and a fantastic place for learning. My middle-schooler left well prepared and ready for the transition.

Posted May 16, 2011
I have a child attending Andrews (and has for the past 5 years), and I am also a teacher at the school. After teaching in Plano schools for 22 years, I have rarely seen a group of people more dedicated and caring than that of the teachers in Plano ISD. It is truly an outstanding district, and I am honored to be a part of it. Within Plano I.S.D., Andrews Elementary School is a shining star . The staff is professional, competent, and constantly involved in ongoing continuing education to improve their skills for the benefit of their students. As teachers, we feel completely trusted to do our jobs, and this is a tribute to the excellent leadership of our principal. As an educator of 24 years, I can personally testify that the environment of a school is one of the most important aspects of working there, and our daily environment is one of encouragement, hope, possibility, problem-solving, diligence, and creativity. This is the type of camaraderie our principal has fostered since coming here. I hope to stay at Andrews until I retire, and I am blessed that my son has had the chance to attend such a wonderful school; he will be sad to leave, and I hope I never do!

Posted April 29, 2011
This is my 3rd year teaching at Andrews Elementary. I have enjoyed every minute! The staff provides a safe and welcoming environment for all students. When I was a first year teacher, the staff members were very knowledgeable and extremely helpful. With this, they helped me become a more confident and master teacher. This school really encourages children to exceed to higher levels of learning. In the classrooms, teachers are using differentiated instruction to meet the needs of all students!

Posted April 29, 2011
It is a pleasure to teach at Andrews Elementary. We love our students and look forward to teaching and instilling in our students a true passion for life long learning. It is our goal to motivate our students to excel academically, while encouraging them to become good citizens in our community. We are grateful for our wonderful parents who invest their time and energy to support learning at home. Our principal offers excellent leadership and encourages the staff to differentiate instruction to meet the needs of diverse learners in the classroom. This is a truly amazing school to be a part of each and every day!

Posted April 26, 2011
The staff at Andrews Elementary truly cares about meeting every child's needs. Each member of the team goes the extra mile to support student success. Mrs. Strickland is a dedicated, knowledgeable, and positive principal leading a highly capable staff!

Andrews Elementary School
2520 Scenic Drive, Plano, TX  75025
Last modified Andrews Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Andrews Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top