Bad
Good

The teachers make you feel welcome. All the children in the class make friends with my child.

They have very good teachers that respond to parents concerns quickly. The teaching is very good. I trust them with my child.

We just moved here 5 months back for the start of this school year. Am astounded by the curriculum that these people have here...The PACE program is beyond anything...My DD is in grade I and loves it and its just wonderful. I get to see the home work that she does..The assignments that she brings home as a part of PACE is wonderful...they have well rounded curriculum as a part of it...! MegaMath and CGIs are the other pieces that they have that are really working well!!! Hats off to the teachers as well!

It's a mix of pluses and minuses. Overall, a plus! Pluses: 1. Great many after school programs at very affordable prices. Really appreciate the great job done by PTA! 2. Meeting the academic rigorous standards, homework load is appropriate. 3. Great neighborhood parent involvement. 4. Diverse cultural exposures. 5. Great, new facility and resources. 6. School administration and staff were quite responsive given the large size of this school. 7. Great TAG program/classes. Minuses: 1. My son's classroom teacher wasn't great. She was often just trying to get work done, not as motivated, rarely show nurturing, loving, caring attitude toward children. In a word, I feel she was one of those teachers who were there just for the paycheck, not because she loves her job. She was not doing her job. Sadly. 2. Overly crowded school. Every each class size was exceeding the state limit. 3. Hope the cafeteria food would improve in terms of quality with more healthy content.

Excellent School with amazing teachers and PTA. We moved in this neighborhood just for a better School and we are loving it.

This is an outstanding school with some top performing teachers and very demanding parents that keep this school on its toes. Be aware that this is a very competitive school. Students here are very sharp and go onto the top performers in the next level.

This year Andrews started accepting transfers from people who do not live in the Andrews neighborhood. This is ridiculous. The classes are overflowing. 24+ kids in every class and new kids will come throughout the year. Very disappointing.

Excellent staff and top quality teachers who really care about their students and go the extra mile to ensure that their scores are above the national average. The Principal is involved with the students and connects well with them and the parents. She is a daily fixture during the mornings where she welcomes her students and helps them out of the car. The student body is much more diverse than one would expect for this area which is a good thing in most cases. The student body is very heavily Indian in makeup and it has led to issues amongst the children of other nationalities/race. There seems to be a cultural divide amongst the kids and in ways that they interact with one another during lunch and at recess. This hasn't led to any issues that have personally been beyond our ability to handle but it is very apparent and this issue only appears to be growing larger after our three years there. In closing I think the education that one receives at Andrews is absolutely top notch, my child's progress has been impressive and all of the credit is due to her teachers. This is a great school but parents be aware of the cultural issues that will likely arise.

As an immigrant I have no prior experience of American Schooling but I adores Andrews elementary. The teacher really cares for the students. I remembered the first month that my daughter is in Kindergarten, the teacher asked what their interest in and helped different child to research into that topic. This helps the children to feel involved and encouraged them to learn. Also the prinicpal Mrs. Strickland is one that I woould love to have as a kid, for 3 years(my daughter is in 2nd grade now). whether it is snowing, sunny or rainy day. She will be at the carpool lane, greeting the kids and opening doors for them. Last week in the school aseembly, I even saw her dancing with the children. This is one fun school that i will want to attend myself. A lot of people has comented on how excellent the academic of this school is and I want to say I totalyy agree. As an immigrant, I am thrilled with my 1st experience of American schooling.

I have two sons that have gone to Andrews Elementary. One has graduated to middle school, one still attends. My experience has been a great one! The teachers have been a great balance of challenging and caring. There are tons of opportunities for parents to be involved. The school is diverse and a fantastic place for learning. My middle-schooler left well prepared and ready for the transition.

Last modified Andrews Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.