Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted July 11, 2015
I use to work there. I was fresh out of college. The school was the most unorganized and unprofessional school I had ever been in. I questioned my calling to educate children! I didn't give up. I am now in a principal in a public district with close to the same demographics. I love what I do and it has prepared me. It was a great learning experience. I believe the leader of the school was great, but there were so many other things that were just wrong. The children were out of control because they had no structure. I stayed for one year, but I would see teachers come and go after being there for one week. Many great teachers have worked there, but supporting your teachers and finding ways for them to grow is important. If your teachers grow, your children grow. And this is the reason I do what I do. This school would NOT be at the top of my list.

Posted August 26, 2014
I was shocked at the things I witnessed daily during the 2013-14 school year. I heard children being cursed, almost daily, in front of the school waiting for the buses. I saw children fighting without being separated. Inappropriate dress by the administration. Teen-aged girls with their shirts so short that I was embarrassed (and they were allowed to "twerk" in front of the school on more than one occasion). I was encouraged to file for assistance from the government even though I do not need it. Please do not rely on the internet reviews of this school. Go see for yourself. If you want a positive environment for your child, this isn't it. It is more like a school inside of a housing project. It isn't the children that are the problem.

Tekoa Academy Of Accelerated Studi 2

Posted August 23, 2014
the school is alright, but i've been going since my seventh grade year (im in eleventh grade now) and I gotta say the people there are really disrespectful and hateful. the teachers are extremely lazy and I've basically had to teach myself there. You shound not send your kids here, the students will give your children hell. if the teachers stepped up and started teaching, it would get better. also the administration! they talk down on the teachers like they are better than them, like you dont have the right to talk to them like they are dirt compared to you because their students are out of control. and thats another thing, the bad students get away with everything!! and what do they get as punishment? a slap on the wrist and a day or two of suspension. Some of the students dont care at all, like when we had our end of the year tests, a bunch of people in my class refused to take the test, saying they dont care because even if they fail the administration will let them move on anyway, and they do! its really dissapointing, but the students that do try, we are very smart, the ones that dont try, they are smart too, they just act like they arent cause nobody pushes them to be

Posted May 28, 2014
They don't feed those poor kids enough at this school. Middle school and high school students get feed the same amounts of food as the elementary school kids.

Posted May 05, 2014
Tekoa is a very bad school to send your kids to. The director is never available and when she is she talks down and very unprofessional to you. She does not care about the teachers and especially not the students. It's all about the almighty dollar with her.. If your child is enrolled, do not allow them to attend another year at that going down the drain school...

Posted December 31, 2012
The school will be so much better if the administration staff didn't talk to the teachers as if they were better than them. Another thing is that they worry about the wrong thing instead of what really matters, the students. There are great teachers there but the administration is horrible. It's not the students it's the adults.

Posted October 30, 2012
My grandchildren attended this school and it was terrible. This school allowed bullying of my grandchildren. One day I went early to pick up the kids and heard a teacher cursing in her classroom. Also, one of my grandchildren only had 2 spelling tests all year. Discipline was poor and the teachers screamed often. I do not recommend this school. The academics are not on level with public schools.

Tekoa Academy Of Accelerated Studi 5

Posted October 28, 2012
So far I enrolled both my grandchildren in this school and everything has been great they really love it the staff is nice and very friendly even the bus traspotation at the school is on point the teachers really take time out to help the students.

Tekoa Academy Of Accelerated Studi 2

Posted April 06, 2010
i thought i was getting a better education here but I was wrong. the kids harass me and i go trough hell here. This is my first and last year here and i am sorry to have wasted a year.

Posted April 29, 2009
My children have made a complete turn around....this school...is a great school...with caring teachers...and great leadership....if the parent gets involved...your children will improve and grow at Tekoa

326 Thomas Boulevard, Port Arthur, TX  77640
Last modified Tekoa Academy Of Accelerated Studi is a Charter school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Tekoa Academy Of Accelerated Studi Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top