No rating

Canyon Creek Christian Academy

Private | PK-12 | 456 students

Living in Richardson

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $175,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,000.

Posted May 22, 2009

The Best Value in Dallas! Graduating my 4th Child this year and one more to go. State Championships, National Merit Scholarships. 100% College bound with 40% getting scholarships, including 2 National Merit Finalists out of 34 Seniors!

Posted April 11, 2009

Canyon Creek has been an overall wonderful exsperence for our two kids... our daughter is in 8th grade - going into 9th, and our son is in K4. They both love it and woulldnt dream of going to anyother school.

Posted February 3, 2009

I have three kids in Canyon Creek. This is the best value for quality Christian education in North Dallas. With over 120 new students, new teachers and improved facilities, you really should check our Canyon Creek for your child's education. BTW, forgot to mention the TWO State titles in Volleyball and Football. Champions are born here at CCCA!

Posted January 28, 2009

This is my first year at CCCA, and the high school environment does not prepare you for what life is like outside of a christian private school. The students in my class have been going here since they were really young, and for the most part, they are not very interested in getting to know any of the new students this year. The classes and teachers are fine, i just have a problem with how things are socially.

Posted January 21, 2009

My child is in her 3rd year at CCCA, and I have continued to be frustrated by the lack of communication betweent the school and the parents. All they want from me is money -- and I'm tired of increased tuition. I see all the extra money going into improving high school programs and facilities, yet I have an elementary student who I am paying for. The new administration is too business and less and less ministry. We will not be re-enrolling.

Posted November 1, 2008

No school is perfect, but CCCA is has many strengths to consider. The academics are above average. The athletics teaches young men and women how to compete and win. The Christian environment is superb. What's exciting is watching and being a part of improvements in the school and the positive effects on the kids. Technology, healthy eating, the math program are all areas vastly improved year-over-year. The school is not shrinking, but actually added over 120 students this year alone. Teachers are in funded Masters Programs. Students are excited and working hard. They will be better prepared for college than those coming from public schools, except maybe the IB students at PESH and Allen. The christian environment is terrific and the administration LISTENS and acts on suggestions. After raising two older children in private/public schools who were accepted at top 10 schools, I'm keeping my youngest here at CCCA.

Posted October 14, 2008

Canyon Creek has actually grown by nearly 100 students this fall. In addition, additional funds raised this year because of the growth have included major renovations to the facilities themselves including new flooring, new flat panel TV's in all the rooms, teachers equipped with mac books, and increased security measures just to name a few. There is also a new fine arts wing currently under construction. In addition, classes have been brought on. This school is making a very conscious effort to be the number one school in the Dallas area. Time and space does not permit me to tell you all the things happening at CCCA, but I do challenge you to take another look at this school and not take the dated opinions of previous reviewers.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted September 22, 2008

This school is shrinking year after year and rasies the tuition year after year, it's all about money. The administration has changed but it has along way to go.

Posted April 1, 2008

Increased tuition has priced this school out of the market, for what is offered.

Posted December 18, 2007

I agree, Canyon Creek has no AP classes that compare with any public high school in the Dallas Area. High School is just simple not good as far as preparing the student for college life. Sorry : o (

Posted October 21, 2007

I've been going to CCCA for more than 7yrs. and I love it there, but there are some areas that need improving. We need more AP classes, It's one of the main reasons people are leaving the school. Because we do not have many academic cousres (or Electives) Also I think there should be dances at our school - like Prom. You should trust your students enough to let them dance (OMGosh yes) But overall It is a fine school. It just needs a little bit of tweaking.

Posted August 16, 2007

I've been a student at Canyon Creek for 2 years now and my experience has been better than any other school I've been to, but still not excellent. I'm going into my junior year in high school and as a student, I've noticed a few issues. The math program is seriously lacking in Junior High and was in early High School. They have hired a new math teacher who is excellent and this year he'll be teaching all the high school math courses - this will improve things immensely. The courses overall are very blah. They aren't challenging, stimulating, or require much thought. There is simply a lot of mundane textbook homework. I'll be the only student to say this: we need harder homework. Spanish is by far the worst class I could have imagined. We need more AP classes. But it's a good environment despite the academic things.

Posted April 30, 2007

I cannot say enough good thing about my experience with CCCA. It truly offers a Christian educational experience - and not one in name only. Moreover, its parochial nature does not hinder its outstanding educational curriculum. My son attended 1st grade at CCCA and then left for PISD - and hands down there is no comparison CCCA is better! Brenda Galimore was responsive to my questions and genually concerned with my child's progress. I hope my son will be able to return. I don't think we'd stay through high school however b/c I don't see CCCA as being competitive in terms of college placement. I have high praise for the lower school.

Posted February 10, 2007

Having attended another private school in the area, our son gives CCCA 2 thumbs up - as do we. There has been a change of leadership within the last few years. I can tell that the current leadership (Administrator and Secondary principal and teachers) really care about the students. Their welfare and education are top priority. They have been working hard over the last year to improve and enhance the math and science programs. I am especially glad that the Christian perspective is emphasized - it is not just a private school, it is truly a Christian school. I would definitely encourage anyone to check them out.

Posted February 3, 2007

CCCA continues to be a great experience for our kids (3 of them attend CCCA). We recetnly received ACT/SAT scores for our HS student and were pleasantly surprised at how well they performed. If you're considering private or home school education for your kid(s), you owe it to yourself to check out CCCA.

Posted October 31, 2006

My child has been in this school for jr. high and I come away with mixed feelings. The math program is seriously lacking and the science program is tedious and uninteresting. English is excellent and the other classes are acceptable. Some of the schools hiring policies seriously restrict quality of teachers.

Posted March 30, 2006

Dedicated teachers. The middle school and high school, every class always starts with prayers. Improved campus security. The number of high school gradutes still not many, and this affect the SAT scores. However, it improves dramatically year by year.

Posted January 19, 2006

Canyon Creek has a solid elementary program, although I feel there's too much paperwork for the younger grades. It has a strong English program in the junior high grades. We haven't experienced HS yet. The school offers a variety of sports, band, chorus, drama, and yearbook.

Posted January 13, 2006

Overall I would rate CCCA as very good Baptist school although they high student to teacher ratio of 24 to 1. The last couple of years they have dropped Art and Spanish due to budget constraints. CCCA is very heavy on the paper work and need to incorporate more hands on in all areas of their curriculum. I would like them to have a more rounded curriculum.

Posted August 5, 2005

The pre-AP and AP English program is excellent.
—Submitted by an administrator

Asian or Pacific Islander 7% 4%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
College counselor(s)
Computer specialist(s)
Librarian/media specialist(s)
Math specialist(s)
Music teacher(s)
Nurse(s)
PE instructor(s)
Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
Special education coordinator
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Special education / special needs

• Special education coordinator

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer specialist(s)

• Nurse(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Gym
  • Kitchen

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
  • Andy Wright
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Baptist
Associations
  • ACSI
Fax number
  • (972) 234-8414

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Math specialist(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • Nurse(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
  • Special education coordinator

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
Bullying policy
  • This school has a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Serve on school improvement team or governance council
  • Volunteer in the classroom