Bad
Good

I think the school is great. Their principal is one of the most active and caring principals ever. This is a good middle school.

The staff at Richland Middle school under the guidance of James Whitfield is amazing. The staff and teachers here are very supportive of the students and parents. I had my own fears when we started here 2 years ago, but I'm very pleased with how this school is ran and the education my children are receiving. We moved and are zoned to another school, but thankfully, my open enrollment request was granted and we are back here for another year! We love our school!

This school is a mess. It needs a complete overhaul. The school board really should take a look into what's going on here.

Students have good grades here but don't let that fool you. It is because teachers aren't supposed to give zeros for students not turning in homework. My child has never had a homework assignment, other than a reading log. I have to come up with work to help him practice what he is learning. Everything is about making this school look good on the OUTSIDE.

I don't know what you people are talking about I can proudly say this is the best school I have ever been too the teachers are nice and will help you when ever you need it at my old school North Oaks Middle my grades where terrible I had strait 40-60 sometimes even 20s now I'm on A-Honor Role you people are crazy

This school along with many of the schools in the Birdville Independent School District are in acdemic trouble. The School Board leadership, superintendent and staff are totally indifferent to the voice of the parents and community. Instead of supporting the community in which the schools are located they are choosing to close and consolidate schools into larger groups. Children will be forced to attend schools away from their homes/community, thus helping to negate parent involvement. Pleas of the parents, city officials, and citizens are falling on deaf ears by the School Board, Superintendent and Staff. Decisions being rendered by them are not in the best interest of the pupil, the parents, or the community as a whole. Their actions should be called into question for the future sake of the children and their educational needs.

Worst school I have ever had to deal with. There is NO communication between the school and parents, teachers can drop as many grades as they want to bring students' averages up, the "Activity Nights" are very disorganized at best and there are videos on "You Tube" of moms fighting in the front of the school! The dress code is a joke and all they do for dicipline is hand out detentions. The worst part of all is my child's Language Arts class only started working on 6th grade work at the end of the year!! I have spent all summer trying to get them caught up!! It would take me forever to explain all the issues I had but I think I made my point. 1 star is too many for this school.

My child has attended this school for two years now. Previously under Dr. Sizemore I would have given the school 3 or 4 stars, now it is a stretch to give it two. The school is VERY disorganized, huge lack of communication between most teachers and parents. Discipline is lacking, the "uniforms" are a joke, I could go on and on. The band program however is fabulous. It is to bad that Ms. Belch and Mr. Porter were running the whole school.

Richland Middle School is one of the worst middle schools i've ever been to. There is little if any communication between teachers and student. Everything. like student concil, is run by the athletic coaches. I was not in athletics, so i did not qualify to be a part. The activity night is boring. Only dancing and basketball. The gifted and talented program is not that advanced. But Ms. Trotter, Mr. Edge, and Mrs. Markham (formally Ms. Parr are by far the best teachers that school has. The principals are not the best either. They are always busy and do not enforce issues between student as they should. Richland Middle School is not the best, but they have few good features

This is by far the worst school I have ever had to deal with. Their activity nights are more like "club night" they play music kids this age shouldn't be listening to, all they were missing from a real club was the alcohol. The teachers don't care, Coach Owens specifically hates to do his job. There is no communication from the teachers, when you try to contact the principal's (any of them) they don't return phone calls. My son's classes more seem like a daycare than a school. The staff is very unresponsive to anyone with an IQ high enough to realize this school is unacceptable. The district needs to shut this school down.

Last modified Richland Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.