Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

Develops character: Disagree

Fairness to all students would not include allowing a student who poses danger to others, to remain in the classroom for half of the school year.

Having taught at some great schools and being a parent at this school is disappointing . I have come to realize just how much the overcrowding is affecting this school. From great teachers not feeling supported, to poor hygiene, to unacceptable food being served. Teachers do not have the auxiliary they need to deal with students with excessive behavior problems. Makes you wonder if the students or their parents are even being held accountable. There is no time to take the students to wash their hands before eating after coming back from recess. Sadly, they have to resort to hand sanitizer although it will not protect them against all viruses, to say the least. Finally, raw food is being ser ved. The cafeteria lady told me they didn't want to burn the food. What?! What really should have been said is that their facilities are probably not equipped to serve the large student population so let's rush the food. I have been waiting for enrollment to decrease time and time again, and was hopeful, but after the new school opened this year,and there was no sign of relief, I have given up. Time to sell...

My daughter have been going to Oakland for 4 yrs now . So far this school and the teachers has been very supportive and encouraging to her. We love Oakland elementary.

Oakland is wonderful. It is organized and bright. They keep it up well. Teachers go above and beyond to help the students. Other faculty does too. Lots of encouraged involvement from parents and you are thanked each time for any effort. Education is quality and teachers have excellent communication - we always knew what was going on. We feel our student was exposed to many different learning opportunities.

We have been at Oakland for 4 years and I have 2 children. Every year we have had amazing teachers who truly care about my children. The principals have always been VERY available and around the school at the functions I have been to or if I have ever had an issue. We are thankful to be here and my children can grow in this environment.

The only good thing I can say about this school is the Kindergarten lead teacher. She was amazing. Everything else about this school is all about how much money they can get from your pockets and its uppity attitude. The principal will not make time for parents unless you are there banging on her door. The asst principal barely speaks and is a push over. My sons 1st grade teacher was TERRIBLE. She sent home notes in worse grammar than my 6 year old. I have had to have multiple conferences with her and also with the asst principals dealing with issues.

This school is amazing!! They are organized, professional and real work hard to make things run very smoothly. The school is overcrowded but they are working on fixing it and in the mean time have great measures in place that address the issue. The administration is helpful, and listens well. I would recommend this school to anyone!!

School is way overcrowded this year. Probably the largest elementary in FBISD, over 1200 students. There are 11 temporary building this year, only three last year. Moved our son to Pecan Grove Elementary for his final (5 grade) year.

You can't go by these reviews. I had my last comment deleted because I used a teachers name that my daughter and I didn't like. I notice that everyone else is naming a teacher but that's o.k. if their comment is good. My rating should have stayed even if my comment was taken out. I only give Oakland 3 stars, I have many kids that go there and they have some great teachers but a lot of really bad ones too. They also have a new principal that I'm not impressed with at all.

As a former teacher - I am very involved in my children's education and this is by far the best school in FBISD - my two kids have had the most amazing teachers in all grade levels - including Ms. Levin - who was fabulous! Every year just gets better and better- and my kids love to go to school where they know they are loved and cared for each and every day! These teachers are dedicated, professional, and go above and beyond for our kids each and every single day!

Last modified Oakland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.