Richmond, TX
Students enrolled: 1,094

Posted November 14, 2014
Oakland is wonderful. It is organized and bright. They keep it up well. Teachers go above and beyond to help the students. Other faculty does too. Lots of encouraged involvement from parents and you are thanked each time for any effort. Education is quality and teachers have excellent communication - we always knew what was going on. We feel our student was exposed to many different learning opportunities.

Posted August 07, 2014
We have been at Oakland for 4 years and I have 2 children. Every year we have had amazing teachers who truly care about my children. The principals have always been VERY available and around the school at the functions I have been to or if I have ever had an issue. We are thankful to be here and my children can grow in this environment.

Oakland Elementary School 2

Posted June 27, 2014
The only good thing I can say about this school is the Kindergarten lead teacher. She was amazing. Everything else about this school is all about how much money they can get from your pockets and its uppity attitude. The principal will not make time for parents unless you are there banging on her door. The asst principal barely speaks and is a push over. My sons 1st grade teacher was TERRIBLE. She sent home notes in worse grammar than my 6 year old. I have had to have multiple conferences with her and also with the asst principals dealing with issues.

Posted January 22, 2014
This school is amazing!! They are organized, professional and real work hard to make things run very smoothly. The school is overcrowded but they are working on fixing it and in the mean time have great measures in place that address the issue. The administration is helpful, and listens well. I would recommend this school to anyone!!

Oakland Elementary School 3

Posted August 30, 2013
School is way overcrowded this year. Probably the largest elementary in FBISD, over 1200 students. There are 11 temporary building this year, only three last year. Moved our son to Pecan Grove Elementary for his final (5 grade) year.

Oakland Elementary School 3

Posted December 14, 2012
You can't go by these reviews. I had my last comment deleted because I used a teachers name that my daughter and I didn't like. I notice that everyone else is naming a teacher but that's o.k. if their comment is good. My rating should have stayed even if my comment was taken out. I only give Oakland 3 stars, I have many kids that go there and they have some great teachers but a lot of really bad ones too. They also have a new principal that I'm not impressed with at all.

Posted September 19, 2012
As a former teacher - I am very involved in my children's education and this is by far the best school in FBISD - my two kids have had the most amazing teachers in all grade levels - including Ms. Levin - who was fabulous! Every year just gets better and better- and my kids love to go to school where they know they are loved and cared for each and every day! These teachers are dedicated, professional, and go above and beyond for our kids each and every single day!

Posted October 11, 2011
I decided to build a house in this area mainly because of the schools. Elementary and middle. I am so pleased with the teacher and the how friendly the teachers are to the students. The last school my children attended was a horrible experience. The teachers did not treat any of the kids with compassion or respect especially during lunch. At Oakland i feel at ease that i dont have to show up everyday to check on my child. The education is by far the best. Keep it up Oakland. And thank you! Mrs.Meza

Posted October 31, 2010
My oldest son is in kindergarten here, and we couldn't be happier. We are quite picky about education and moved away from another area because we were not happy with the stats we saw for those schools. We ended up in the Oakland Elementary zone in our move, and have been very impressed and so glad we ended up here. Thanks Oakland staff, for a wonderful education experience! My son loves it and is doing so well!

Oakland Elementary School 4

Posted June 28, 2009
My daughter finished Kindergarten here and my son is in speech at 3. Both have received great help from their great teachers. Our daughter really bloomed as the school.

Oakland Elementary School
4455 Waterside Estates Drive, Richmond, TX  77406
Last modified Oakland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oakland Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top