Bad
Good

I agree with some of the other reviewers, this is a very safe and wonderful school, (with expensive property taxes!) with super nice people everywhere, however, we have had very frustrating conflicting advice we discovered from the counselors we assigned. The old saying, "it just depends on who you talk to," on who is right.Each year, we seemed to get different answers to the same questions as far as classes and career goals. The counselors are usually teachers who double as both professions. My daughter who on the honors program taking AP classes , can no longer take 1st period Orchestra,or 1st period anything, because 1st period is the only time that they have for certain AP classes. Why only have AP classes on the most needed period of day where many activities are scheduled? This needs to be changed. Also, THE RISD and THIS SCHOOL NEEDS A MORE PRESTIGIOUS GIFTED AND TALENTED CURRICULUM! Compared to other schools and rankings.

This school has proven to be a good academic school. There are some excellent teachers and a few not so good teachers. The biggest downfall of the school is the counseling department. My daughter is a senior and there has been NO help with college preparation at all.

I'm a student at Rockwall and I have to say it is probably one of the best and most competitive public schools in North Texas (academically speaking). In fact, so kids will even transfer over to Heath their senior year because they will hold a higher class rank there than at Rockwall. Last thing, is that there isn't really bullying as you would normally think of bullying. At Rockwall, people bully in such a way where they are sarcastically your friend (which I think is even worse than insults or physical bullying) but even then there's not much of it. So just don't offended anyone and don't buy drugs.

My family moved here about 4 years ago and we love Rockwall!! The schools are definitely very competitive in their academics. The teachers are excellent and they work very hard in helping the students succeed. They have challenging academic programs. Great AP classes. As far as baseball is concerned, I don't agree with the parent that says "if you didn't grow up here they don't give you a chance. " My son moved here his "Senior" year and one of his friends (he met his Sr Year) also moved here his Senior year. Both of them made the Varsity Baseball team. Not only did my son make the team he started above other kids that have lived here all their lives. My daughter also made the Varsity Softball team the following year as a freshman and now my youngest is a freshman and he has made the baseball team. I will say, that the baseball program has a lot of talented kids and most of the kids on the team have played select baseball for years and are from very competitive select teams. This school has top notch baseball talent. We were very grateful that the coach gave my son the opportunity to play his Senior year and was NOT the kind of coach the parent below describes.

My children are new to this school. The kids here are very hard to fit in with at first, then about a couple weeks in they become accepted. The teachers are great. Don't try out for baseball though if you didn't grow up here, they don't give the kids a fair chance. Accademics great though and thats what counts.

Rockwall High School has a great staff and caring teachers. My daughter's experience with her teachers were excellent and she especially loved the culinary program/teacher. She just graduated this year and RHS helped prepare her for college.

My family moved to Rockwall years ago for its reputation of great schools. We have been nothing but pleased with the great education my brother and I have received. Rockwall is a wealthier school district, but through my experiences there was no problem 'fitting in.' Everyone was very accepting, and welcomed new students with open arms. I was involved in many extra-curricular and leadership organizations, and there are so many dedicated and influential educators at RHS who care so much about each student's success. The AP classes and teachers at this school have a definite passion for their jobs, and have high expectations of their students. Most students are encouraged to challenge themselves and get involved. Rockwall has a strong sense of community and RHS prides itself on student involvement and academic excellence. Jacket Fight never dies!

This is a fantastic school, with great kids.

The teachers find a way for every student to learn at their own pace and way of learning. Even those with learning differences can suceed and feel they have made an impact on their life.

Rockwall High School has been a great place for my children to attend school and prepare for college. I can honestly say that teachers and staff care for students and go above and beyond to see each child succeed. I am so thrilled that my two have been a part of this great place!

Last modified Rockwall High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.