Posted September 05, 2014
This is a terrible place. I can tell you this because I was there from kindergarten-graduation. Not only is there nepotism, but the school drove out one of the best teachers it had just because the superintendent was being controlled by the principal who had a personal vendetta against her. A new teacher (coach too) was added and the ability for him to teach was nowhere. The school also has little to no policy in place for dealing with stalkers and creeps. When a stalker was reported, nothing was done to protect me. I was told to carry a pocket knife and phone when walking places on campus. Other than that, the learning atmosphere was not there because there were few electives offered. Some of the teachers were in their own possy too. Students were not rewarded for doing well. You only got notice if you were related to the faculty, or your mom was involved. My sibling was in special ed and they gave that group of kids nothing to do all day besides watch movies. The teachers in that department had no parent contact to decide what was best for the kids. If you think moving to Lago Vista, they have a new high school since I left, but please understand it is all the same individuals.

Posted June 27, 2013
The school has young administrators that either have a conservative political agena based on hierarchical intrigues in the community or they have a wide procedural knowledge but no practical common sense experience when dealing with students and teachers. They are oriented toward rule making and conformity rather than free thinking and learning. Conformity and consistency are the end all for this district. It is a small district and nepotism is tolarated in their employment system. This causes a variety of issues that should not exist in public education. It is a very odd district.

Posted June 04, 2013
Majority rules in this school. High percentage of students have little to no parental guidance and/or involvement, therefore, the teachers and staff, teach and interact with that mindset. If your child behaves and works hard they are invisible, unless they're related to a teacher or staff. On a more specific note. There are a handful of incredibly devoted teachers and a handful of incredibly disgruntled and/or harmful teachers. The rest are average. All but one staff/official are standoffish and more often than not, do not respond to problem's brought to their attention.

Lago Vista High School 4

Posted February 18, 2011
This school is an excellent place to learn. Unlike many schools in austin we have all core classes available in ap and we are handling the economy effectively. Sadly it is true that the discipline system is very flawed and we dont offer nearly as many extracurricular classes as we should but all in all a pretty good school.

Lago Vista High School 0

Posted February 04, 2010
I myself am a student at LVHS, I love our school. You don't need any fancy things, and who cares if somthing is written on the stalls... It's a school, it's here for learning not looks. We are thankful we have a school and amazing teachers is the class rooms.

Posted November 17, 2008
I have 1 child currently Lago Vista High School and 1 child who graduated a few years ago. My oldest child had a poor teacher in a subject which ended up causing problems a few years later in college. Several teachers are also coaches and miss class for athletic events and in my opinion, the students suffer academically. My other child has a well-qualified teacher which is great. But I have had to fight hard for special ed services. In my opinion, special ed parents need to be very well-informed to navigate at this school for their children.

Lago Vista High School 5

Posted October 20, 2008

Posted July 29, 2008

Lago Vista High School 0

Posted February 20, 2008
Poor management - boys restrooms have been locked for most of the year in an effort to control graffati/vandalism. Boys have to go to the front office to get a key and now have to be 'escorted'. Seems like they could figure out a way to take care of problems created by a few kids without punishing the entire male population.

Posted October 05, 2007
- a former student

Lago Vista High School
P O Box 4929, Round Rock, TX  78664
Last modified Lago Vista High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lago Vista High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top