Bad
Good

My family recently moved into Bluebonnet territory as well. This school has made a complete turn around and continues to soar thanks to wonderful teachers and administration. If you are considering moving into Bluebonnet's zone, do not hesitate. Remember to recognize the date of negative reviews, and focus on the current success of the school.

This school has done multiple things wrong. I woukd not recommend Bluebonnet Elementary to anyone. In fact I tell everyone the problems I had and currently have with them and the teacher. I will not go into detail, as I have brought all of my problems up to the teacher and principal. And they still haven't been resolved. So please if you love your children, then dont send them here. This is why we are selling our house and moving to a different school district.

Because of the past reviews on this site, I was hesitant to move within Bluebonnet boundaries. We did anyways, in hopes we could transfer our kindergartener to Deep Wood (a few block to the North)After a failed transfer request, we did not have a choice. That denied transfer is the best thing to happen to our family! What you do not gather from the "3" rating and previous posts is the following: Principle Nino has turned the school upside down and has cleaned house. The staff is extraordinary. The school offers a dual language program (if you wish, completely optional). A preschool program- also, a dual language opportunity. Library nights- read books and play board games! A family account is also available. The school is small, smaller class sizes, more imitate. The second time I came into the school the office staff and the principal knew my name, and BOTH of my sons' names (the kindergartener and the preschooler) without any reminders. The staff know the kids, are very aware of their strengths, and celebrate them! "Relationships" sums it up! Even the crossing guards are friendly, giving stickers to kids as they wait. I have so much pride in this school that I once dreaded!

When I read the first two reviews, I thought, "This can't be my Bluebonnet." Then I noticed the dates they were written. The Bluebonnet School today is a wonderful and caring learning environment. I have volunteered at Bluebonnet for 2 years and see how dedicated the teachers are. The "new" principal, Ms. Nino, is topnotch, from what I have observerd. The office staff are caring and welcoming. They even have open library on Tuesday evenings for students and parents and had a summer library program as well. I often see mentors and other volunteers at Bluebonnet. Together we are working hard to teach the children in a fun and safe environment. I am thankful for the fine teachers I have seen in action.

I have seen Bluebonnet go through many changes in the past 17 years, some good some bad. I just have to say that our newest principal, Lucy McVey, has been the best thing to happen at Bluebonnet since Barbara Perry held that position!

Last modified Bluebonnet Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.