Posted August 09, 2013
This is the best school ever the students are very friendly and the teachers are very educated and the athletics are wonderful I definetly recommend this school to everyone!!!!

Posted August 22, 2012
The school administration needs work. They are extremely unorganized. They use an automated calling program to give messages to the parents. Sometimes I will get the same recorded call three times in one night, with three different school administrators having recorded the same or similar message that they did not bother to rehearse beforehand. The school was built in 1973, and it has taken 40 years for them to figure out that they have no structured pick up/drop off plan. Traffic there is a nightmare.

Posted February 25, 2011
My son is going there for 6th grade. This is child #3 out of 4 so I have done the middle school thing before and have something to compare it to. My son likes this school and feels very comfortable. He spent the better part of 4th and 5th grade being bullied so I am relieved that he feel at home. I have mixed feelings about the band program. On one hand they keep you very informed, even including online concerts during class time. On the other hand, I feel very much like an outsider. Teachers so far a really good and some of them are super about e mailing and letting us know what the kids are supposed to be doing at home to be ready for class. Son did get a detention for not turning in an assignment but I am fine with that. I had so many issues with kid #1 and not turning things in that I am glad for a teacher that thinks it is important enough to do something about it. He has not missed an assignment yet. I hope that he continues to be happy there.

Posted April 27, 2010
I am a parent of a special education child, and my son had the worst years in Coyle that next year we will go to homeschooling. I will not recommend this school to anybody.

Posted April 22, 2010

Coyle Middle School 0

Posted November 27, 2009
I am a student at Coyle and just finished reading all of the comments with my Parents and we think that the comments from 3 of 4 were getting tough. I actually go to Coyle and know how everything runs. The thing that ticked me off the most was the first one on 4 of 4. Detentions, ae given out for diciplinary reasons. Your son probally told you that he just looked at another student but how do you know exactly? A teacher at Coyle would never give a detention out for no reason at all. Peace. /

Coyle Middle School 0

Posted January 06, 2009
I'm a parent of a student who has attended Coyle for three years and I really love the school. Her teachers in 6th, 7th and now 8th grade really care what becomes of her. They hold her to the same standard I do and they expect nothing but the best from her. They encourage and give her an ear to vent with. Yes I've had some teacher issues, but they were really minor, just simple communication or misunderstanding. The teaching and office staff are awesome. If every given an opportunity to allow your child to attend this school you will not be disappointed.

Posted December 30, 2008

Posted October 08, 2008

Coyle Middle School 4

Posted August 27, 2008
Coyle is a wonderful middle school with a competent and caring staff. The Principals and Assistant Principals were always available. After years of excellence in management, there's a new Principal in town and several changes have been put in places.........as expected. Hopefully, the kids will continue to experience a fun, caring, learning environment unlike other MS in Rowlett. Proud Cougar Parent

Coyle Middle School
4500 Skyline Drive, Rowlett, TX  75088
Last modified Coyle Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Coyle Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews.