Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Neutral

Thankfully, we have not had to experience any bullying, so I wouldn't be able to comment on how they handle it.

This school is horrendous about communication. I found out that they had a music program the day of, by a slip of paper that my son brought home in his backpack that was only given to him the day prior. His second grade teacher, Sherrie Langford, never communicated what was going on in class or what they were working on. Grades are inflated, where my son has perfect grades on his report cards, yet according to his test scores, and our parent/teacher conferences, he is behind and struggling in math, reading, and just about all his other subjects. Why would you give perfect grades if a student is so far behind?? He is not learning at this school, and his teacher is not working closely enough with him to improve that and is not providing him with the extra resources and support he needs to help him succeed. Additionally, he was thriving at his previous school in Portland, OR, and at this school I get constant reports of behavior issues where that was not the case at his previous school. This tells me that something is not going right here. I'm very disappointed in the quality of education my son is receiving here, and am looking at transferring him to another school

We have lived in the Rowlett area for many years. We moved over the district line and thought it was a great move into RISD. The experience has been awful and very disappointing. My son's teacher is NEVER in class and always has a substitute. The office staff are very stuck up and snotty to several people. I've observed how they talk to parents and students and I left speechless!! The principal and is not engaged at all. I requested to meet with her and to this day, I never have. I personally feel like the school is so big that it has lost touch with the kids and the parents. If you want an RISD school, pick a different elementary school. I'm sure the district is great, just not this school.

I've been a CLP mom for the last 4 years. I have lived in several US states, and have been exposed to many, many elementary schools. I adore Cullins. Fantastic, caring teachers. Everyone knows who your child is. The kids here are confident learners. The principal is very involved, and you can tell she treats the teachers with respect and kindness. My only negative, and I didn't let it affect the rating, is that I wish the moms weren't so clique-y. I overhear them talking about other parents that don't (or simply can't) volunteer as much, etc. But that happens everywhere.

My family is moving to the Rockwall area this summer. I have looked at the school rating for this school and it just doesn't match the parent reviews - parents seem to love this school. Why is the school ranked a 6 and will it be improving in the very near future? Thanks for any info.

I love this school, the curriculum is great. Very glad my grand kids go here...the teachers are awesome.

My son finished elementary at this school and my daughter is a student now. I could not hope to find a better school. The teachers and administrators are dedicated and care about each student. Parents are involved and encouraged to be a part of their child's education. My son was in the Special Education program and I was amazed at his progress. My daughter had the VERY BEST Kindergarten teacher and left Kinder reading and writing at a very high level. Kudos to DCLP!!

This school is amazing! My daughter will complete her first year at this school in June. You cannot find a better teacher than Ms. Childers in first grade! She has been absolutely fantastic with my child and has shown genuine interest in ensuring this school year has run smoothly. My daughter really bloomed in all class subjects, and has developed a wonderful self-confidence that was not present before attending this school. The principal is a very involved leader as well. Thank you to the CLP staff and faculty!

We moved to Texas a year ago from Maryland. I was worried because the schools are much larger and I still wanted my children to get quality personal attention. CLP is an outstanding school. The principal is outstanding and very caring. The teachers are wonderful and really care for the kids. Even being at the school for the first year, it still felt like everyone knew my children. Ms. Alvarez is the perfect kindergarten teacher. My son was also in the special education program and he flourished. During the year he learned to read! this given the fact that the previous year his teachers could barely teach him his colors. I'm so impressed and would recommend this school to anyone who is considering a move to the DFW area.

DCLP is a fantastic school, everyone loves the kids they teach like their own. We have a lot of activities and classes for the kids that aren't offered everywhere. They also encourage parental involvment more than i've found elsewhere and even allow parents who want to volunteer to come in with smaller children who are always welcomed in the classroom.

Last modified Doris Cullins-Lake Pointe Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.