Posted May 21, 2014
I've been a CLP mom for the last 4 years. I have lived in several US states, and have been exposed to many, many elementary schools. I adore Cullins. Fantastic, caring teachers. Everyone knows who your child is. The kids here are confident learners. The principal is very involved, and you can tell she treats the teachers with respect and kindness. My only negative, and I didn't let it affect the rating, is that I wish the moms weren't so clique-y. I overhear them talking about other parents that don't (or simply can't) volunteer as much, etc. But that happens everywhere.

Doris Cullins-Lake Pointe Elementary School 3

Posted May 19, 2014
My family is moving to the Rockwall area this summer. I have looked at the school rating for this school and it just doesn't match the parent reviews - parents seem to love this school. Why is the school ranked a 6 and will it be improving in the very near future? Thanks for any info.

Posted April 02, 2014
I love this school, the curriculum is great. Very glad my grand kids go here...the teachers are awesome.

Posted August 22, 2013
My son finished elementary at this school and my daughter is a student now. I could not hope to find a better school. The teachers and administrators are dedicated and care about each student. Parents are involved and encouraged to be a part of their child's education. My son was in the Special Education program and I was amazed at his progress. My daughter had the VERY BEST Kindergarten teacher and left Kinder reading and writing at a very high level. Kudos to DCLP!!

Posted April 11, 2012
This school is amazing! My daughter will complete her first year at this school in June. You cannot find a better teacher than Ms. Childers in first grade! She has been absolutely fantastic with my child and has shown genuine interest in ensuring this school year has run smoothly. My daughter really bloomed in all class subjects, and has developed a wonderful self-confidence that was not present before attending this school. The principal is a very involved leader as well. Thank you to the CLP staff and faculty!

Posted June 29, 2011
We moved to Texas a year ago from Maryland. I was worried because the schools are much larger and I still wanted my children to get quality personal attention. CLP is an outstanding school. The principal is outstanding and very caring. The teachers are wonderful and really care for the kids. Even being at the school for the first year, it still felt like everyone knew my children. Ms. Alvarez is the perfect kindergarten teacher. My son was also in the special education program and he flourished. During the year he learned to read! this given the fact that the previous year his teachers could barely teach him his colors. I'm so impressed and would recommend this school to anyone who is considering a move to the DFW area.

Posted May 06, 2010
DCLP is a fantastic school, everyone loves the kids they teach like their own. We have a lot of activities and classes for the kids that aren't offered everywhere. They also encourage parental involvment more than i've found elsewhere and even allow parents who want to volunteer to come in with smaller children who are always welcomed in the classroom.

Posted February 14, 2009
My family moved to this area 6 months ago---the teacher and faculity are outstanding. My son has cerebral palsy and they are incredible with him.

Posted January 03, 2009
Cullins Lake-Pointe is a wonderful school in our district. The administration, teachers and staff truly believe that all students can succeed. The attitude is 'whatever it takes' to help the child. We are very fortunate to have dedicated parents that regularly volunteer and help our school. There is a sense of family when you step inside our doors -- we may be large , but there is a unique sense of relationships that is felt inside.

Posted September 07, 2007

Doris Cullins-Lake Pointe Elementary School
5701 Scenic Drive, Rowlett, TX  75088
Last modified Doris Cullins-Lake Pointe Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Doris Cullins-Lake Pointe Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top