Bad
Good

W R (Bill) Fort Elementary School 1

Posted April 16, 2015
This school was just okay. I had two students in this school before I had to pull them out. My daughter was struggling and I requested that she be tested for dyslexia to which they denied saying that everything was fine. Now her pediatrician is having her tested and she has been diagnosed with dysgraphia and speech issues. I received zero help from her teacher, as well as all administrative staff involved. Would not recommend this school.

Posted February 25, 2010
I have a 4th grader and a kindergarten student at Fort and we love it! My 4th grader is a dyslexia student and has made great progress under the care of Ms. Nolan (Dyslexia Education Teacher). She has gone above and beyond the call of 'duty' to help my son meet his goals. She sent e-mails over the summer to check on him and see how he was doing. She will be sorely missed when he goes to Intermediate School next year. Every teacher that we've had at Fort has been exceptional. They genuinly care for the students as individuals and strive to help them succeed.

Posted October 20, 2008
My daughter started in Fort last year for kindergarten and is now in the first grade. I would not choose another school over this one! I have been on the PTO both years and sub for the district so I get a little more of an inside track, it is awsome!! The staff is extremely dedicated and I couldn't ask for a better principal! They really work at making things fun and the PTO does all it can to assist with funds for the 'fun' activities! My daughter loves the school and so do I, we both love the personel and wouldn't move anywhere! I reccommend this school for anyone wanting a great education with the small town feel!

W R (Bill) Fort Elementary School 2

Posted April 05, 2007
This school is like the district it's in. It's underfunded and it's student makeup keeps the lowest level students low and the classes moving slow. Weak programs for gifted students.

W R (Bill) Fort Elementary School 4

Posted June 19, 2006
Great School. Teachers are very dedicated. Great small town atmosphere.

Posted October 18, 2005
This new school is great. My children really enjoy it and the staff is very friendly and always very willing to answer any questions I have. I have seen my youngest child grow tremendously in reading due to the SIPPS program. I am very pleased.

Posted January 12, 2005
This school is WONDERFUL! My son moved to Fort this year from DISD. What a difference. The teachers are much more involved and they care. When you walk in you feel welcome. He comes home with a smile on his face everyday just bursting with comments on how great his day was. He praises the teachers, the kids and even the food. Fort Elem. makes his life as well as mine much better everyday. Keep up the great work!

W R (Bill) Fort Elementary School
P O Box 479, Royse City, TX  75189
Last modified W R (Bill) Fort Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
W R (Bill) Fort Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top