Bad
Good

Mrs McNeil is a caring and helpful teacher for Kindergarten and my granddaughter, Lillian Grace, loves her. Thanks!

Special Education is just awful at this school. They cramp all students in one life skills class. Students who need one on one don't get it. Funding in this district is limited. If you have a child with special needs don't send them to this district they would not pay for anything that will benefit any child and they will send child to one school. Your child will not learn and they do not have enough skilled special education teachers..Also, Principal and Vice Principal very rude.

Both my children attend and we love it. I wasn't overly impressed with one teacher (out of 5 total now) but that is going to be anywhere! She doesn't even work there anymore. My daughter especially loves her 3rd grade teacher, and she is truly the best teacher I've ever met. The special ed teachers are wonderful and the specials (art, PE, etc) teachers are super, too. Mrs. Grossman may come across as gruff, but I sincerely believe that is because she is from another part of the country, and not a 'good ole boy'-type or a parent kiss up. She will tell you like it is because NOT doing so will NOT benefit the child. She makes every decision based on the kids...whether parents like it or not. I would hope that parents could take their egos out of the equation and ponder WHY she makes the decisions she does.

This was the first year my children have been at Davis and it has been a terrific year for them. I felt that every step of the way the teachers were concerned about my children's progress and were willing to work with me to find the best instruction for them. Mrs. Grossman does a great job of balancing working with older children on a pre-teen level and meeting the young needs of the kindergarteners. I am looking forward to my children being there to finish out their elementary years.

I agree with the other posts... this school was great until Grossman (principal) came. She could care less about the students. The teachers are ok (most of them). Music class is a joke. PE & Art are great. If I could warn parents... I would say find a house somewhere else in the school district!!! I would not send my child back to this school (we are no longer there) The teachers hate it and so do the students.

Last modified Davis Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.