Davis Elementary School 4

Posted April 24, 2014
Mrs McNeil is a caring and helpful teacher for Kindergarten and my granddaughter, Lillian Grace, loves her. Thanks!

Posted January 17, 2012
Special Education is just awful at this school. They cramp all students in one life skills class. Students who need one on one don't get it. Funding in this district is limited. If you have a child with special needs don't send them to this district they would not pay for anything that will benefit any child and they will send child to one school. Your child will not learn and they do not have enough skilled special education teachers..Also, Principal and Vice Principal very rude.

Davis Elementary School 4

Posted June 01, 2007
Both my children attend and we love it. I wasn't overly impressed with one teacher (out of 5 total now) but that is going to be anywhere! She doesn't even work there anymore. My daughter especially loves her 3rd grade teacher, and she is truly the best teacher I've ever met. The special ed teachers are wonderful and the specials (art, PE, etc) teachers are super, too. Mrs. Grossman may come across as gruff, but I sincerely believe that is because she is from another part of the country, and not a 'good ole boy'-type or a parent kiss up. She will tell you like it is because NOT doing so will NOT benefit the child. She makes every decision based on the kids...whether parents like it or not. I would hope that parents could take their egos out of the equation and ponder WHY she makes the decisions she does.

Davis Elementary School 5

Posted May 31, 2007
This was the first year my children have been at Davis and it has been a terrific year for them. I felt that every step of the way the teachers were concerned about my children's progress and were willing to work with me to find the best instruction for them. Mrs. Grossman does a great job of balancing working with older children on a pre-teen level and meeting the young needs of the kindergarteners. I am looking forward to my children being there to finish out their elementary years.

Posted April 16, 2007
I agree with the other posts... this school was great until Grossman (principal) came. She could care less about the students. The teachers are ok (most of them). Music class is a joke. PE & Art are great. If I could warn parents... I would say find a house somewhere else in the school district!!! I would not send my child back to this school (we are no longer there) The teachers hate it and so do the students.

Davis Elementary School 5

Posted July 30, 2006
My children love this school! They have wonderful teachers. I don't always agree with everything the teachers do, but I respect their decisions and support them. I never speak negatively about school to my children. I think this is important! In doing this, I have always had great experiences. I have never witnessed any negative behavior from the teachers or the principal. Trust me, little kids can mix up language and blow it out of porportion. I have witnessed this while volunteering in a classroom. There is so much we don't see unless we're in the classroom.

Posted July 15, 2006
This school really needs a Principle and especially a vice-principle that cares more about the students. They don't want to deal with the students that struggle due to a learning disability. Parents, PLEASE listen to your children and not the staff.

Posted May 24, 2006
This school was wonderful until the 2004-2005 school year. New principal is exceedingly difficult to work with. My son had a non-degreed, non-certified teacher who could not teach. I have four sons who now attend private school so they do not have to go to Davis.

Davis Elementary School
P O Box 479, Royse City, TX  75189
Last modified Davis Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Davis Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top