Posted September 22, 2014
We have truly enjoyed the experience at this school! The teachers are dedicated, the students have a sense of community, and there seems to be a great deal of resources. I like that they communicate with the parents.

Posted March 04, 2014
This school has mostly horrible young new teachers...my son had a horrible kg and 2nd grade teacher. The principal was the worst I've ever seen. This was in 2012 though, it may have changed since then.

Posted June 21, 2013
Fantastic School! Families are great! Staff is fantastic! Administration is awesome! Small town love meets relevant learning.

Posted June 21, 2013
As a parent, the staff has gone above and beyond to meet my children's needs. The extracurricular programs are excellent and I can't imagine sending my kids anywhere else. PTO is super supportive, and the district is all around fantastic.

Posted September 02, 2012
We were very happy with the education and enviroment of this school. My sons attended Kinder through 4 grades, they both enjoyed school and were doing great. We recently moved to Florida and after one year we are desperate to move back to Royse City and hope to return to Anita Scott. My sons teachers were always caring and concerned teachers and went the extra mile to teach my boys!

Posted August 10, 2012
I have had three kids at this school and it has been ,for the most part, horrible. K thru 3 was acceptable, but the fourth grade was exceptionally bad. In my experience, there are next to no consequences for bullying. My child had to have their schedule rearranged while the offending students were allowed to continue as they were. My child was ignored and scolded when the teachers were told about what was going on. We also had major problems with teachers claiming that assignments were never turned in after numerous efforts by my child to do just that. Grading was questionable at best. On one occasion, a great deal of points were deducted because other students didn't like what my child turned in. My kids were miserable at this school. We have since moved because of this school. If we wouldn't have moved, I would have homeschooled my children before I put them back here. But, if your child has unshakeable self-confidence and doesn't mind completing assignments several times each, then this school might just work for you.

Posted May 04, 2012
i have had 2 kids in this school and i am very unhappy and plan to remove my kids from this district all together. Scott has not meet my child's need for her learning disability and had to start all over when moved up to the next school...and my kindergarten son they wanted to do add/adhd testing on and the teacher has been absent 95%of the school year and now wants to hold him back because the sub did not teach him what was on her learning lessons for the year. the staff is un willing to have meeting with parents to discuss matters but nothing can be done because the teacher is still absent and unable to have the meeting she wants.. this school is the worst in the whole district.

Posted August 07, 2010
I have had two children that have attendent and I am very happy with the school. I come from California and the schools out here are wonderful. I see more parent involvement out here then I have ever seen in California. I have loved all the teachers that my children have had.

Anita Scott Elementary School 2

Posted August 06, 2010
I have been very unhappy with this school. The principal is rude and unfriendly. He allows his staff to be rude to and yell at parents right in the front office and does not take action. Quite a few of the staff are very rude. They do not respect or care for the children the way that a school should. They do not handle money for lunches or the little shops and bookfairs very well. Very unorganized. And almost impossible to get help or answers to any questions you might have.

Posted August 05, 2007

Anita Scott Elementary School
P O Box 479, Royse City, TX  75189
Last modified Anita Scott Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Anita Scott Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top