Bad
Good

My son attended Kindergarten there last year and by far was the best life changing event that could of happened to us.He was behind on his speech and other important information that he should have known at the time. He now can speak VERY clearly and is on a higher reading level then he "should be." He will be attending again this year and I am trying to slow down our move to a bigger house because I do not want him to leave this school.Mrs. Bunnell was an AWESOME Kindergarten teacher .She has moved and I'm sure she will be just as great teaching 2nd grade .(Hopefully we will get her again.) LOVE THIS SCHOOL!!!!

My son and I absolutely loved this school! Sadly we moved but he was there basically his entire kindergarten year. The teachers were amazing and very hands on. They also communicated and interacted with the parents very well. They kept me very informed and up to date. And helped my child drastically. Couldn't ask for a better school.

We have truly enjoyed the experience at this school! The teachers are dedicated, the students have a sense of community, and there seems to be a great deal of resources. I like that they communicate with the parents.

This school has mostly horrible young new teachers...my son had a horrible kg and 2nd grade teacher. The principal was the worst I've ever seen. This was in 2012 though, it may have changed since then.

Fantastic School! Families are great! Staff is fantastic! Administration is awesome! Small town love meets relevant learning.

As a parent, the staff has gone above and beyond to meet my children's needs. The extracurricular programs are excellent and I can't imagine sending my kids anywhere else. PTO is super supportive, and the district is all around fantastic.

We were very happy with the education and enviroment of this school. My sons attended Kinder through 4 grades, they both enjoyed school and were doing great. We recently moved to Florida and after one year we are desperate to move back to Royse City and hope to return to Anita Scott. My sons teachers were always caring and concerned teachers and went the extra mile to teach my boys!

I have had three kids at this school and it has been ,for the most part, horrible. K thru 3 was acceptable, but the fourth grade was exceptionally bad. In my experience, there are next to no consequences for bullying. My child had to have their schedule rearranged while the offending students were allowed to continue as they were. My child was ignored and scolded when the teachers were told about what was going on. We also had major problems with teachers claiming that assignments were never turned in after numerous efforts by my child to do just that. Grading was questionable at best. On one occasion, a great deal of points were deducted because other students didn't like what my child turned in. My kids were miserable at this school. We have since moved because of this school. If we wouldn't have moved, I would have homeschooled my children before I put them back here. But, if your child has unshakeable self-confidence and doesn't mind completing assignments several times each, then this school might just work for you.

i have had 2 kids in this school and i am very unhappy and plan to remove my kids from this district all together. Scott has not meet my child's need for her learning disability and had to start all over when moved up to the next school...and my kindergarten son they wanted to do add/adhd testing on and the teacher has been absent 95%of the school year and now wants to hold him back because the sub did not teach him what was on her learning lessons for the year. the staff is un willing to have meeting with parents to discuss matters but nothing can be done because the teacher is still absent and unable to have the meeting she wants.. this school is the worst in the whole district.

I have had two children that have attendent and I am very happy with the school. I come from California and the schools out here are wonderful. I see more parent involvement out here then I have ever seen in California. I have loved all the teachers that my children have had.

Last modified Anita Scott Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.