Jefferson Middle School 2

Posted September 30, 2013
The staff in the younger grades tends to be quite good. However, as the kids grow older, the staff is less interested and connected. And the administrative staff is does not even rate a star. The principal is never available. Multiple calls and messages will eventually be returned by the Assistant Principal. The secretaries are unfriendly and rude, both in person & on the phone. Student's freedom is nonexistant. They are told where to sit before school, at lunch and after school. There is no free time whatsoever to have even the shortest conversation about what your weekend was like. Students are do not rush to lunch are even given an In School Suspension at lunch time, wherein they sit alone at a side table. Don't even think about trying to stop at the bathroom on your way in!! Other absurd requirements include removing, or covering with band-aides, girl's earrings during PE. Gasp!! How did anyone else survive all the decades with such danger lurking right there on your head?!?! Plus, the dress code indicates no shorts, skorts or tank tops... despite the region being a desert. I believe the catholic school has LESS restrictions than this campus.

Jefferson Middle School 5

Posted August 16, 2012
First of, i'm a student a Jefferson Middle School.. and before all you parents come out and start dissing my school let me just say. Jefferson has the highest TAKS/STAAR scores compared to other public schools. The reason our faculity is busy is cause we have a very large JMS family, Jefferson was only built for a couple hundred kids, and now we have about 1,500+ kids roaming the halls. Yes, our website isn't always updated but that is the least of their worries we have so many kids that the Academic Dean, Principal, Vice Princapal etc. are out on their feet every 15 minutes in the hallways making sure everyone is where they're supposed to be. However, Jefferson DOES have parent connection that sends you e-mails every time your childs grade drops below a 70, or is absent/tardy. The vice principal and princapal may come across rude to you cause some of you parents come here with dumb questions/problems that isn't their responsibility. Jefferson is a great school and is a Exemplary school. Jefferson is also one of the newest schools and like i said was only built for a few hundred kids but now has 1,500+ kids , yet we're still Exmplary.. You tell me if Jefferson is a bad school.

Jefferson Middle School 3

Posted September 22, 2011
Mixed feelings about this school. We moved from out of state and I guess we were spoiled at our previous middle school. For the most part, our student enjoys his classes and teachers. However, there is a serious lack of communication between the school and the parents. There are no notifications sent home about anything and the website is never updated - not to mention very user unfriendly. The few instances in which we have had communication with the office staff / administration (with the exception of the principal), they have fallen somewhere between very cold to flat out rude - absolutely no respect for parents and thier importance to the education of their children.

Jefferson Middle School 5

Posted October 12, 2010
My child is in his second yr at Jefferson MS and absolutely without a doubt loves it!! He loves all but 1 teacher....come on, who at this age loved all their teachers! And the teacher is dislikes teaches him his least favorite class so that explaines it. His grades are great and he is involved in sports and one of the music departments. I will periodically send out a email to a teacher asking a question and I usually get an answer the same day!! Talk about prompt!! The front office ladies are a bit coldish but hey, they aren't teaching my child so that doesn't really bother me. I am pleased to have my child at JMS....GO EAGLES!!

Posted April 12, 2010
Jefferson is a good school that provides a decent education but I think there is lots of room for improvement. The athletic program is great, I just wish we had more emphasis on academics. There is a big gap in communication between the school and the parents. The website is not regularly updated and email lists are not utilized. My child is taking a couple of AP classes and he is doing well but I had kind of hoped he would be challenged in different ways instead of just a stricter curriculum.

Jefferson Middle School 1

Posted February 03, 2010
Jefferson is not all what we expected. Yes, all schools have some problems but it's how administration handles the problems. Jefferson is greatly lacking in that department. The administration, office staff are extremely rude and disrespectful. We are transferring our children to another school once the 2009-2010 school year is over.

Posted August 16, 2009
I think the school was great! All schools have problems, that doesn't make the school bad. Principal is fantastic and the teachers are wonderful. Great Job !

Jefferson Middle School 2

Posted April 22, 2008

Posted April 02, 2008
I am very pleased by this school. I was a little apprehensive of a new school opening and having to integrate so many different middle and elementary schools. However, my son loves it and the administration is very involved and seem to love their jobs. The communication lines are always open, to parents and students.

Jefferson Middle School 4

Posted March 17, 2008

Jefferson Middle School
10900 Shaenfield Road, San Antonio, TX  78254
Last modified Jefferson Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jefferson Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top