Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

Teachers vary as much as our children. If you feel the match is not right ask for another teacher. You want someone your children feels comfortable with. I try to speak with childrens teachers every week or when major issues come about. I try to not waste their time with every little thing. But if it is concerning I have always felt comfortable approaching the teachers. They have always tried to work with me and my children. We may not have always agreed but my child never suffered from this.

Amount of homework: Disagree

I believe in elementary school, children should be assigned spelling words and reading assignments, without questions. Anything more is too much for children of this age. I think children should be encouraged to spend as much time outside as they can, that their focus should be on emotional and social growth. If a child does not feel comfortable or confident in their primary social setting (the school), how can they be expected to excel in their education.

We have been with this school for three years. It is an amazing school that truly welcomes your children and you. I do not know of many schools who encourage a relationship with the parent as much as the student. They believe in working together to give your child a fulfilling educational environment. The staff tries to know every student's name and the administrators are outside before and after school greeting everyone. The teacher to student ratio is low, allowing one on one time for your child if needed. And special focus classes are offered for students who need a little extra attention or are gifted. There are a variety of after school programs (chess club, Lego club, music and art programs, etc...) offered to help students experience a variety of hobbies. A downside though is that there is not a consistent nurse assigned to the school. They seem to rotate with other schools. And I wish they would offer to two recesses a day instead of one. There is so much value loss with only one. Other than that I feel this school truly values your child's education and success.

We've had a great experience with the administrators. They were both very present and responsive. The front office staff is not friendly and will ignore parents who walk in. They will look at you and wait for you to greet them. My child had a wonderful, proactive teacher. This year was the first school dance. They had a great turn out. Upon walking in with my excited child, we overheard teachers complaining about being there. Wished they could have waited until they were off duty to gripe, it was a fundraiser after all.

My kids is in this school. The teacher takes to long to update Parent Connection. She doesn't send back tests home, so we can know where our child is in school. Sadly, the teacher is very disorganized. This has been happening for more than a year, meaning the school needs a better direction. This has been happening for Fourth and Fifth grade.

I like the staff at the school, they are nice and helpful. My only concern is my 5th grader who is very bright. I would like the 5th grade to be more challenging, I would like more homework and more work showing assignments in folder and binder.

My children attend Langley and they absolutely love it. The teachers are awesome, the food they serve in the cafeteria for breakfast and lunch is very good, the principal is always ready to help and so is the assistant principal. The administration staff is wonderful, they answer questions and help with issues. I would always recommend this elementary school! 5 stars!!!

I am new to this school and area. I have had a few problems with the front desk help getting simple questions answered and also with politeness.

Our son has attended K and 1st grade at Langley Elementary. We have been very pleased with the school. The principal is very kind to the children and visible for parents. All the parents we speak to are pleased with the teachers, they are all passionate about their job and the kids seem to enjoy this school.

My daughter started kindergarten this year and so far I am very pleased with her progress. I am thankful for a great teacher who has the knowledge and patience to teach our younger children. Looking forward to the rest of the school year!

Last modified Langley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.