Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

Amount of homework: Agree

It's left the previous Friday and not due till the following. About 10 minutes (if that) per night, maybe 3-4 nights

We chose where to live based on this school and do not regret it one bit! This is our second year and I would say this is one of the best schools in SA. My daughter is so happy here; the staff and teachers are all very warm and kind. The new principal is super involved, I see her at drop off and pick up, good to see her out there seeing what goes on. Love love love this school!

Develops character: Strongly agree

This school obtained Lighthouse status as a "Leader in Me School". No small feat. They consistently teach the 7 Habits of Highly Effective Kids throughout grade levels.

We've been at this school since it opened. All classrooms are hi-tech. The school provides a free login ID for each child to use various learning websites and educational apps so the student can use those on a home computer. Bright and cheerful classrooms run by great teachers who care about the kids.

All the teachers we have had the pleasure of meeting have been extremely kind and helpful. They all seem to care about how your child is doing and are willing to go the extra mile to help them if they need it.

My kids love it, they are very happy with the school and the teachers .

Excellent school with caring and knowledgeable teachers! This school is clean, uses the most modern technology, and the front office staff is friendly and helpful. The teachers are genuinely interested in the education and well being of ALL their students -- from those who are gifted to those who have special needs. Unfortunately some reviewers gave this school low ratings based on things that the individual school cannot control (recess time, dual language); these things are regulated by he district and/or state.

After leaving private school, I will be honest. I was on the fence going into the neighborhood school but said I'd "give it a year and see." My child has some developmental issues but is also GT, and I just didn't know if the bigger classrooms with a higher student:teacher ratio was going to be a fit. But man was I WRONG! The teachers and support staff at this school are 5-star. The communication between teachers and also with parents is like nothing I've seen. Whether the kids are having trouble or having a terrific day, they recognize it and are on it! The facilities, afterschool opportunities, GT program, and students here are amazing. I cannot say enough about this wonderful, top-notch elementary school.

Love the dual language program but we are extremely disappointed at the poor planning from the school/district regarding the growth and room capacity for this program in particular. Many families will be forced to move to Stone Oak elementary (the first school built in the area) . Parents of incoming K students with siblings in VR will have to attend 2 different schools. (In 2015-2016 school year the dual language program will open at Stone Oak for incoming K students only). This is a BIG mess and it is making me re-think my commitment and interest in the program altogether. I don't want to expose my child to multiple changes throughout her elementary years and I'm afraid the District isn't ready or prepared to deal with this growing pains. Nevertheless during their last informative meeting they made us feel we don't have any right to be unhappy or complain. Not once have they apologized for their poor planning. Wouldn't recommend joining this program if you are not OK with not being able to provide your child with school/friends/teachers stability during his/her elementary years.

We love the curriculum of our dual language program but disapprove of the schedule. Not sure whether this is similar to other NEISD schools... I'm disappointed that the kids only get 25 mins a day of recess. For a day that starting at 7:30 the kids have lunchtime at 10:30 indoors in the cafeteria with no play time and 25 min recess at 12:30. They have 2 PE classes every week but they are at 8:00 so not really good breaktime for them. A large portion of their day involves sitting in the classroom. Thanks to this schedule my child considers does not consider school too be a fun place. Which is a shame for kindergarten class! The main way all the classes keep kids disciplined is using a big board will all the kids names on it. When a child misbehaves he/she has to go to the front of the class and move the marker from Green to Yellow to Red in front of the entire class. I find this a pretty old-school method of discipline. My child can tell me which kids in his class get Red markers every day.

Last modified Vineyard Ranch Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.