Posted February 02, 2014
I go to EC and it's fantastic! I love that school every teacher is a great help and every one is very friendly!

Posted December 16, 2013
If you are an involved parent, my children have succeeded in every way, the AP and Early College programs are fantastic.

Posted July 31, 2013
I go to East Central. I am going to be a Sophomore this year.This school good my opinion POINT BLANK.My only complaint is the food.Don't get me wrong its good its just that I've been in this district since first grade and don't want to go anywhere else.

East Central High School 4

Posted July 16, 2013
East Central is a great school that is on the more. Your child can get an outstanding education here at ECHS if he or she is willing to do the things that it takes. Teacher quality is excellent, Principal leadership is outstanding, Parent involvement is on the rise. Every school in the city have problems but that is a very small part of all schools. Everyone need to focus on the great things that are happening at EC, a public high school, Every students at EC can take Pre AP and AP classes if they want too, there no barriers stopping students from taking advance courses. The leadership at EC is always looking for ways to make sure that students are college and workforce ready when they graduate. School can only do so much, parents are the real teachers, it all start at home. Yes, you focus on the negatives or you can get on board with the rest of us and continue to take ECHS to greater heights.. In closing checkout our agrculture program, JROTC, the mighty band , culinary arts, the art department just to name a few extra curriculum programs that your child could be involved with.

East Central High School 2

Posted September 18, 2012
My children attend this school and I was a substitute teacher for two years. The administrative staff spends more time attending to the disobedient kids and therefore they don't have time to devote any attention to the good kids. Their funds also go to programs for the bad kids so gifted kids do not have programs to help challenge them. Also, if your child becomes a victum of one of the bad kids, don't expect any help from the staff. Even if its violence, they will not do anything about it except suggesting you should home school because they can't guarantee your childs safety. The breakfast and lunch menu is one of the worst in the nation. Again, I worked there for two years and in the mornings you can expect donuts, coco puffs, brused apples or packaged pastries. The lunch room always runs out of food before the second lunch so the kids are stuck eating pizza or watered down speghetti saunce with stale noodles everyday. And thats only if your kids are lucky enough to even get lunch. They lines are so long that by the time the kids sit down with their lunch, they only have about 2 minutes to eat. This school is huge but way over populated and not recommended.

East Central High School 4

Posted July 12, 2012
I am currently a student at East Central and believe it is a great school. The deversity of students wonderful, for the most part the teachers are very easy to get along with and truely care about their students. As far as the GT program is concerned, it is true there is no GT in middle school, however the GT program offered in Elementry, Intermediate, and High School is wonderful. The Colloqlium classes for GT kids requires muc effort and teaches kids a great deal. I love my school and many of my teachers, the different groups of kids there is very benificial for me, I think, because in the real world, that's what is out there. Placing your child in a bubble with only similar kids may benefit them now, but later, perhaps not so much. As long as you teach your child values, goals, and how important grades are, they will do great and have amazing experiences.

East Central High School 1

Posted October 03, 2011
If you have a gifted child, do not expect much from this district. There is not a GT Program in the middle schools. Even the small amount of time that is spent in "GT" during the Elementary years was just not enough to stimulate a gifted child. They refused to move my child ahead even though my child was ridiculously bored with the same repetitive curriculum. The chief complaint from the teachers was the budget. Many teachers claimed they simply did not have enough to work with. It's quite embarrassing walking into some of these classrooms and seeing outdated computers or worse no computers at all. As a parent and a former staff member, I can see this district taking a serious nose dive in the future as far as academics goes.

Posted July 11, 2010
it is a great school i think it could use a little bit more funding from the district

East Central High School 0

Posted November 18, 2009
East Central is not a very good school. It has a poor Leadership Base to go with its poor exterior. I am a former student and my kids go there. I had trouble, but did fine in college. I am trying to move out of the district. From the Surperintendent to the rest, they only want to help a select few. If you are not in the Selected Few, your chances there are slim to none. Avoid this school at all cost. I am trying to get me kids into Private Schoo. I can't afford it, but I must find a way. My kids can't afford me not to.

East Central High School 1

Posted September 04, 2009

East Central High School
7173 Farm-To-Market 1628, San Antonio, TX  78263
Last modified East Central High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
East Central High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 40 reviews. Top