Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Posted June 06, 2016
I attended and graduated from East Central High School 1998, I loved the school district and the teachers. I felt like they wanted to help you instead of bringing you down. They understood that we were kids and at times needed more support and not disregard kids who might have a hard time in the class. I wished my son would have gone to East Central.

Develops respect: Disagree

Posted June 01, 2016
Have not witnessed anything as far as respect given to students. Teachers are always right even when they're wrong.

East Central High School 2

Posted June 01, 2016
They don't promote the kids to be all they can be, this is at the high school level every year this school district goes down. They prevent the students in reaching all there goals.

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted June 01, 2016
There are some good teachers, and there are some that just don't care and are there just to pick up a pay check.

Posted September 02, 2015
The teachers and staff are great! They go out of there way to help the students and the families. To help make the students successful in all they do

Posted December 17, 2014
At first, I did not like ECHS and was ready to take my daughter out her freshman year. She loved the school, but I clearly did not. I can say that the staff are very active and know the students & parents. She had no homework until the 2nd half of the year, and even then it was minimal. I quickly learned that this was because she was enrolled in regular classes. We were new to the district and were unaware of the difference in Pre-AP, AP, and Dual Credit. It was during her sophomore year (after a visit with the assistant principal) that we were made aware of the more challenging (college prep) courses. My daughter is now a junior, and we all appreciate ECHS. Her homework load is preparing her for college. I have noticed that her motivation and confidence has also improved. I recommend this school, but would highly recommend the Pre-AP, AP, and Dual Credit classes.

Posted February 02, 2014
I go to EC and it's fantastic! I love that school every teacher is a great help and every one is very friendly!

Posted December 16, 2013
If you are an involved parent, my children have succeeded in every way, the AP and Early College programs are fantastic.

Posted July 31, 2013
I go to East Central. I am going to be a Sophomore this year.This school good my opinion POINT BLANK.My only complaint is the food.Don't get me wrong its good its just that I've been in this district since first grade and don't want to go anywhere else.

Posted July 16, 2013
East Central is a great school that is on the more. Your child can get an outstanding education here at ECHS if he or she is willing to do the things that it takes. Teacher quality is excellent, Principal leadership is outstanding, Parent involvement is on the rise. Every school in the city have problems but that is a very small part of all schools. Everyone need to focus on the great things that are happening at EC, a public high school, Every students at EC can take Pre AP and AP classes if they want too, there no barriers stopping students from taking advance courses. The leadership at EC is always looking for ways to make sure that students are college and workforce ready when they graduate. School can only do so much, parents are the real teachers, it all start at home. Yes, you focus on the negatives or you can get on board with the rest of us and continue to take ECHS to greater heights.. In closing checkout our agrculture program, JROTC, the mighty band , culinary arts, the art department just to name a few extra curriculum programs that your child could be involved with.

7173 Farm to Market Road 1628, San Antonio, TX  78263
Last modified East Central High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.