Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

I attended and graduated from East Central High School 1998, I loved the school district and the teachers. I felt like they wanted to help you instead of bringing you down. They understood that we were kids and at times needed more support and not disregard kids who might have a hard time in the class. I wished my son would have gone to East Central.

They don't promote the kids to be all they can be, this is at the high school level every year this school district goes down. They prevent the students in reaching all there goals.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

There are some good teachers, and there are some that just don't care and are there just to pick up a pay check.

The teachers and staff are great! They go out of there way to help the students and the families. To help make the students successful in all they do

At first, I did not like ECHS and was ready to take my daughter out her freshman year. She loved the school, but I clearly did not. I can say that the staff are very active and know the students & parents. She had no homework until the 2nd half of the year, and even then it was minimal. I quickly learned that this was because she was enrolled in regular classes. We were new to the district and were unaware of the difference in Pre-AP, AP, and Dual Credit. It was during her sophomore year (after a visit with the assistant principal) that we were made aware of the more challenging (college prep) courses. My daughter is now a junior, and we all appreciate ECHS. Her homework load is preparing her for college. I have noticed that her motivation and confidence has also improved. I recommend this school, but would highly recommend the Pre-AP, AP, and Dual Credit classes.

I go to EC and it's fantastic! I love that school every teacher is a great help and every one is very friendly!

If you are an involved parent, my children have succeeded in every way, the AP and Early College programs are fantastic.

I go to East Central. I am going to be a Sophomore this year.This school good my opinion POINT BLANK.My only complaint is the food.Don't get me wrong its good its just that I've been in this district since first grade and don't want to go anywhere else.

East Central is a great school that is on the more. Your child can get an outstanding education here at ECHS if he or she is willing to do the things that it takes. Teacher quality is excellent, Principal leadership is outstanding, Parent involvement is on the rise. Every school in the city have problems but that is a very small part of all schools. Everyone need to focus on the great things that are happening at EC, a public high school, Every students at EC can take Pre AP and AP classes if they want too, there no barriers stopping students from taking advance courses. The leadership at EC is always looking for ways to make sure that students are college and workforce ready when they graduate. School can only do so much, parents are the real teachers, it all start at home. Yes, you focus on the negatives or you can get on board with the rest of us and continue to take ECHS to greater heights.. In closing checkout our agrculture program, JROTC, the mighty band , culinary arts, the art department just to name a few extra curriculum programs that your child could be involved with.

My children attend this school and I was a substitute teacher for two years. The administrative staff spends more time attending to the disobedient kids and therefore they don't have time to devote any attention to the good kids. Their funds also go to programs for the bad kids so gifted kids do not have programs to help challenge them. Also, if your child becomes a victum of one of the bad kids, don't expect any help from the staff. Even if its violence, they will not do anything about it except suggesting you should home school because they can't guarantee your childs safety. The breakfast and lunch menu is one of the worst in the nation. Again, I worked there for two years and in the mornings you can expect donuts, coco puffs, brused apples or packaged pastries. The lunch room always runs out of food before the second lunch so the kids are stuck eating pizza or watered down speghetti saunce with stale noodles everyday. And thats only if your kids are lucky enough to even get lunch. They lines are so long that by the time the kids sit down with their lunch, they only have about 2 minutes to eat. This school is huge but way over populated and not recommended.

Last modified East Central High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.