Posted October 03, 2011
This school and district has some serious problems. Week six into the school year and my son has been slapped by another boy, and punched in the face so hard that we're into day four and the bruise is still visable. Get this the school blamed my son and wanted to give the "victim" in school suspension. The problem is that we are raising Opositional defiant children and the school system exhasterbates the problem by punishing vitims. This school like many in our communities doesn't understand the difference between positive reinformente and negative reinforcement. I can't see how anyone in good faith leaves their children here. It's all too bad because some of the teachers are actually wonderful but with the current system in place it's a wonder they can function. School polictics are what keeps this middle school from excelling.

Kirby Middle School 3

Posted July 06, 2011
My son begins the school year 2011 - 2012, at Kirby I vowed to give it a year and then find a new school if he isn't excelling like he was at his elementary. Public middle schools in San Antonio aren't great but in particular I've been very disappointed in Judson overall. The teachers were great at his elementary although their was a severe lack of leadership, I'm hoping this will be the same at Kirby. If not we'll move to a charter school.

Posted December 14, 2010
I would have to agree with what is being said about the bullying issue at this school, as well as the comments about the staff and the teachers. My son was/is a victim of bullying at this school and there has been little done by the vice principle about this issue. There are also some teachers at Kirby Middle that are very unprofessional and immature and should not be allowed to interact with our children as "role models" of the community.

Posted November 03, 2010
I think this school needs some serious work, with the staff and their attitude toward parents who are concerned as well as the children who have been bullied on several occasions. Yes, they take measures as far as what needs to be done per protocol, but do they follow up with these students after the fact. In May of 2009 my child was the victim of bullying and was out of school because she was injured. Now this year Nov. 2010 the same child attacked my child, and my daughter is being punished for defending herself. I hate this school and have younger children and do not want any of them to attend Kirby Middle school. The principal, vice principal, and counselors all act like its not a big deal and that its my daughters fault.

Kirby Middle School 0

Posted April 11, 2010
This is one of the worst schools in the JISD school district. The teachers are very unprofessional, and sterotype every child as a group instead of an indiviual. I wouldn't recommend this school to anyone looking to keep your childs self esteem up.

Posted September 30, 2009
I think Kirby Middle School is the worst school in JISD. The leadership is horrible. There is no organizational skills. I think the principal need to focus more on the education of the students. I have being very disappointed with KMS. I think this year has being the worst. Some of the teachers are very caring and others that just don't respond at all. It all reflects back to the leadership of the school. I think the school needs a better leadership.

Posted May 26, 2009

Posted February 10, 2009

Posted February 03, 2009

Posted February 01, 2009
It is a grat school. the teachers are well educated and the kids are good.

Kirby Middle School
5441 Seguin Road, San Antonio, TX  78219
Last modified Kirby Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kirby Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top