Bad
Good

Lackland Elementary School 4

Posted May 29, 2015
If I were only rating the teachers, I would have given 5 stars! However, I believe administrative leadership and communication is severely lacking. Messages regarding upcoming events are rarely given out with a standard 2 week notice. It feels like information is given at the last minute. Many parents and students do not know who the school leadership is. First impressions make a huge impact and please do not be put off by the front office. How she holds the position is a mystery. Again, I must emphasize that the teachers are wonderful! We have attended other schools over the years and this could be a great school with an experienced and/or more involved leader. I think more parental involvement should be encouraged not discouraged. There are many nice families at this school who will be more than happy to answer questions when you arrive!

Posted March 26, 2015
Absolutely wonderful! The teachers are very involved and the the school is lovely and clean.

Posted October 26, 2014
This is an amazing school. The teacher are great at communicating with the parents as well. Also the reading program is the best I have ever seen, they place the kids in classes based on their reading level not the age. I have a 8 yo son that reads at the 4th grade level and so he gets to go to a 4th grade class to read there are 3rd graders and 5th graders also in his reading class and it is really well structured so everyone learns and develops to get better. It encourages a lot of parent participation but it is not forced. If I could give the school 10 stars I would. Disregard the lady at the front desk she just seems angry, but the rest of the faculty and staff are great.

Posted April 03, 2014
Love this School! Both my children have been going here for 3 years. I made sure we lived on base so we could go to this school, The only drawback is you have to live on Lackland to attend. The technology here is fantastic. All classrooms have IPads and 6th-12th graders actually are assigned one to take home for the entire year. I have a 2nd grader and an 8th grader that attend Stacey and they both love it. I have had only one issue with another child but it was immediately taken care of. And as far as teachers we have loved every one of them. Like all schools I am sure there is some issues or whatever, the world is not perfect and not everyone is going to be happy with every decision that is made. The PTSO is great and has some sort of fundraiser event every week from pizza night to skate night, The office staff is very welcoming and helpful. Mrs. Leija the principle is so sweet and Loves all of her students. All classes have PE every day and the PE staff is great. We are possibly PCS'ing this summer and this school and our military family are actually the only things we are going to miss in San Antonio.

Lackland Elementary School 3

Posted January 30, 2014
It is a good school. However, my experiences have differed from teacher to teacher. One teacher actually compared raising children to raising dogs. When I had finally had enough of her I told her so. The schools response was to try to intimidate me by assembling all her 1st grade teachers and attempting to try and make my child the problem. She had been in the school for three months and had never had any problems at her other school. In 4th grade my child started experiencing bullying. The response from the VP was "we will talk to them..."Two days later they were at it again. I withdrew her, and she elected to return second quarter the following year, bulling has started again... They need to practice what they preach about there zero bullying/harassment policies.

Posted August 01, 2011
My kids have gone to this school for 6 years and it has been amazing! We have had great experiences with all the teachers, principals, staff and parents!

Posted November 15, 2010
great school. Very up to date with technology in the classroom. My daughter goes to PE everyday; attends computer class, spanish, music, art and one more extra-curricular i can't remember.

Lackland Elementary School 3

Posted October 26, 2010
This school is pretty good compared to most of the public schools here in San Antonio, mostly to the NISD schools, but I was very disappointed that the school didn't want to accept my youngest daughter just because we move out of base, even though my older daughter have been enrolled in it for two years now. She is also an excellent student and have been recognized and awarded multiple times in the school. I know my youngest daugther will be too, but it seems like they do not valorate students for its good qualities. They just care if you live on base or not, they do not really support military families or the military children. My husband serves our country living in base or off base. School on base should be a right for all the military families!

Posted May 26, 2010
My daughter started in Pre-K4 here and finished in 3rd grade. My son, went from Pre-K3 to Kindergarden. We recently had to move, and I was devestated. This school is one of the best schools in the USA! We actually had the chance to move off base to a nicer, bigger house. When I learned my kids would not be able to attend, I turned the chance down. The teachers are excellent, the staff is wonderful, the Principal is a sweet and funny person. The office ladies are always warm and friendly! The people in this school go the extra mile for you, specially when they learn you are new. The school my kids now attend... well.... not even close! If every school on base mirrored Lackland's ways, WOW! I can't even imagine the possibilities of our future.

Posted November 10, 2009
My daughter went here last year for PK-4 and she just loved loved her teacher. I liked her teacher also, but I also loved that they had super high standards. She learned so much and would continuely come home having learned things I had no idea they even taught in PK. The curriculum was awesome and I would suggest getting your kids in this school if possible.

Lackland Elementary School
2460 Kewly Avenue, San Antonio, TX  78236
Last modified Lackland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lackland Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top