Public charter
San Antonio, TX
Students enrolled: 1,251

Posted June 06, 2014
my granddaughter is graduating early at sixteen,because she was able to do her work and not have to put up with so much drama,like she endured at roosevelt,SENDIND MY GRANDKIDS TO GERVIN WAS A VERY WISE DECISION ON MY PART.I am very pleased with the school as a whole.
2 people found this helpful

George Gervin Academy 1

Posted February 03, 2013
This "SCHOOL" as they would put it ......has the most unprepared and dysfunctional curriculum I have ever seen .. The staff members abuse their authority and egos over the students. The students are disrespectful and have foul behavior towards teachers and parents. who ever said the place was"SAFE!"has no idea what they are talking about, anyways I should caution anyone from enrolling there child there because they will learn nothing and be put in a dangerous environment.

Posted December 06, 2010
I love this school all my kids go there except for 2 there not of age yet. But once they reach that age they will be there as well....

Posted October 17, 2009
The teacher to student ratio is wonderful. The staff is organized and considerate to everyone. I'm really impressed with everything they do here!

Posted September 07, 2009
This school is all about second chances for teens who have made poor choices, and gotten off track. They gave my son an opportunity when no one else would.

Posted July 27, 2009
I registered my daughter last year and she has made great strides to finish her high school years. We have one more to go and she is proud of her accomplishments. GGA has help salvage my daughters education.

George Gervin Academy 4

Posted February 19, 2009
They have helped my son not only catch up his high school credits, but he will graduate a year early! Only complaint is the attendance tracking / notification system.

Posted February 12, 2009
I have very high praises and regards toward a school who doesn't turn away children and gives them a second change in life to become whatever they choose with a strick understanding that they will not tolerate disrespect and want children to learn to be a better individual in todays society in the next generation of leaders.
2 people found this helpful

Posted November 04, 2008
Two of my children attended in 2007 to 2008. Elementary children mix and mingle with high schoolers. There was a lot of bullying and name calling. They spent the entire year focused on and teaching to the TAKS test. We do no recommend this school.

Posted August 10, 2008

George Gervin Academy
6944 South Sunbelt Drive, San Antonio, TX  78218
Last modified George Gervin Academy is a Charter school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
George Gervin Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top