Public charter
San Antonio, TX
Students enrolled: 1,251

Posted July 18, 2015
Great all around school. The teachers care about each student as an individual. My son has autism and his teachers have given him confidence and the ability to enjoy reading.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 18, 2015
Teachers are caring and committed to each child. My oldest son graduated from here and his brother is now in 4th grade. His teachers have taught him the joy of reading and the ability to have confidence in himself. For a child with Autism, that is huge.

Posted June 06, 2014
my granddaughter is graduating early at sixteen,because she was able to do her work and not have to put up with so much drama,like she endured at roosevelt,SENDIND MY GRANDKIDS TO GERVIN WAS A VERY WISE DECISION ON MY PART.I am very pleased with the school as a whole.

George Gervin Academy 1

Posted February 03, 2013
This "SCHOOL" as they would put it ......has the most unprepared and dysfunctional curriculum I have ever seen .. The staff members abuse their authority and egos over the students. The students are disrespectful and have foul behavior towards teachers and parents. who ever said the place was"SAFE!"has no idea what they are talking about, anyways I should caution anyone from enrolling there child there because they will learn nothing and be put in a dangerous environment.

George Gervin Academy 1

Posted February 03, 2013

Posted December 06, 2010
I love this school all my kids go there except for 2 there not of age yet. But once they reach that age they will be there as well....

Posted October 17, 2009
The teacher to student ratio is wonderful. The staff is organized and considerate to everyone. I'm really impressed with everything they do here!

Posted September 07, 2009
This school is all about second chances for teens who have made poor choices, and gotten off track. They gave my son an opportunity when no one else would.

Posted July 27, 2009
I registered my daughter last year and she has made great strides to finish her high school years. We have one more to go and she is proud of her accomplishments. GGA has help salvage my daughters education.

George Gervin Academy 4

Posted February 19, 2009
They have helped my son not only catch up his high school credits, but he will graduate a year early! Only complaint is the attendance tracking / notification system.

6944 South Sunbelt Drive, San Antonio, TX  78218
Last modified George Gervin Academy is a Charter school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
George Gervin Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top