Posted January 29, 2014
This is the first year my daughter has been at Thousand Oaks and we just love the school and the staff. It seems like alot of thought has been put into the operation of the school and the programs work well. The nurse is as great (maybe better than) any pediatrician we have ever used, the school staff is welcoming, our daughters teacher, Ms Cox, is energetic & caring--just the right balance of fun and rules, the principal is kind & is constantly making pleasant chit chat with the kids, the cafeteria is clean & our daughter likes the meals--in fact the whole school is really clean. The only thing that is not great: the playground. Definitely a "5" overall, so glad my child is at Thousand Oaks :)

Thousand Oaks Elementary School 1

Posted August 26, 2013
had 2 simple questions to ask cause they were not on the internet i got a ugly attitude from a lady. & it took them 7 times for them to answet the phone. i really wanted my kids to attendthis school because i am moving in the area but now im thinking twice to keep them in nsisd change your staff please! :/

Posted May 26, 2013
This year Thousand Oaks worked very well with extra curriculum classes like drama, music and fitness. They had plays and musicals and my kids had a lot of fun at school. All the kids had a chance to be part of these activities. I'm very pleased with the "Accelerate Reading Program" . My kids are reading above their age level now thanks to all the support that the teachers gave to the students. Great Job Thousand Oaks!!

Posted April 17, 2013
Outstanding school! Mr. Keller, Mrs. Moore, Principal Mai, and the entire faculty/staff are superb! The teaching staff is knowledgeable and well-defined within their scope of learning and instruction. A TOP NOTCH INSTITUTE OF LEARNING/GROWTH! Now in regards to all the negative posts about "petty acts" or "stout disciplinary actions these are obviously from parents (more than likely teenage parents) or pseudo-parental figures that practice this new-age of entitlement. Today s educator is severely underpaid, overworked, and underappreciated! Therefore, place yourself within their shoes and environment. These are highly educated and trained (certified) individuals that go through rigorous phases of background checks and preparation. This does not include the counseling, specialty, or principal staff which requires a Masters degree or higher from a regionally accredited university. Bottom line YOU CAN BE A PART OF THE PROBLEM OR ASSIST THIS STAFF IN A SOUND SOLUTION TOWARDS IMPROVEMENT!

Posted August 24, 2012
I don't understand all the negative comments about the school, my daughter had attended since kinder. and she will start 4th grade this year, she is a happy and well behave child. Her first teacher was Mrs. Moore and I never had any problem on the way she treated my child on the contrary we only has good thing to say about every single teacher my daughter had through the years on TO. My Child is an A honor roll student and I believe her achivement are part our resposability as parent but also the great teachers she had have every year on TO.

Posted December 09, 2011
Both my boys love school this year. We have new administration, Mrs. Mai and Mrs. Pearce, who are wonderful and always out and visible to parents, and communicate with each parent effectively. This year, my boys have Mrs. Hinders and Ms. Wood who really care about them not just teaching them. They are both outstanding teachers. When we get there in the morning, they are greeted by name by the coaches, Mr. Keller, both Ms. Shaws and everyone else says good morning. So far it has been a great year.

Thousand Oaks Elementary School 1

Posted March 10, 2011
Very unsatisfactory school. Mrs. Moore, you should be ashamed of yourself and the way you expect young children to behave. They are KIDS, not mini adults. The principal is not much better.

Thousand Oaks Elementary School 4

Posted February 10, 2011
This school is a great school, I have three children enrolled at Thousand Oaks and have been involved in many of the programs that the school offers. The teachers have been good, and although I have noticed some "nit-picking" notes sent home from the teachers, I have determined that usually it is the children who are at fault and should be reprimanded. I would like to see more after-school programs offered (ones of a physical fitness emphasis), but that is my only complaint.

Posted June 03, 2010
My daughter has been at Thousand Oaks since Kinder. She just finished first grade. And she has been very successful at thousand oaks. Before she went to this school her reading level was very low. And with the help of Ms. Rubacalba and Mrs. Ritchie. She is ready for second grade. She is at the second grade reading level. I really love Thousand Oaks and I wouldnt have her go annywhere else.

Posted March 25, 2010
My daughter is a kindergartener and she really enjoyed this school. Her teacher is Mrs.Rubalcaba and she is a wonderful teacher. Very caring and communicates well with the parents.. The only problem I have is; I NEVER saw the principal, I couldnt even tell you what she looked like.. At first I thought this school had no principal, sad but true... I even tried to make an appointment w/ her just to say, 'Hello were new to Texas and I would just like to just introduce myself and see who my childs principal is... No Luck! So my 4 Stars is for the teacher...Mrs. Rubalcaba- Thank you for being such an amazing teacher to my daughter!

Thousand Oaks Elementary School
16080 Henderson Pass, San Antonio, TX  78232
Last modified Thousand Oaks Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Thousand Oaks Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 45 reviews. Top