Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

My daughter requires extra attention, having ADHD. I requested a 504. The accommodations requested were met without hesitation. Its a team effort. Great staff from the top on down. Wonderful activities as well, I think that's district wide.

We had mixed experiences at Thousand Oaks. Mrs. Rubalcaba is the best kindergarten teacher you could ask for. She's kind and caring. She has fabulous classroom management skills, and she can work well with challenging kids. In first grade we had a teacher who wasn't a great fit, but I think she's probably good for other kids. My biggest concerns with Thousand Oaks aren't really their fault: (1) the building was designed so that the classrooms within grades are connected to each other, which makes them noisy and not ideal for kids with attention or sensory issues, (2) the school seems to have more students than it was designed for, which results in some unfortunate practices like kids waiting with their heads down to get in line for hot lunch, and (3) even kindergarteners only get one 15-20 minute recess a day, which isn't ideal for learning social skills and getting exercise or for getting the wiggles out so kids can focus on the hard work of learning.

My children attended Thousand Oaks Kindergarten. We absolutely loved it. The staff, teachers, and librarians were the nicest and most helpful. The classroom curriculum, activities and gifted program were wonderful, and my children looked forward to going to school and the library every day. Accelerated Reading program had been instrumental in developing kids' love of reading. There is a reward system (spirit sticks) that encourages children's participation and development of skills, behaviors and responsibilities. The school has a variety of events planned throughout the year that are fun and interesting.The PTA is welcoming and involved. Any child can be successful there and feel at home.

This is the first year my daughter has been at Thousand Oaks and we just love the school and the staff. It seems like alot of thought has been put into the operation of the school and the programs work well. The nurse is as great (maybe better than) any pediatrician we have ever used, the school staff is welcoming, our daughters teacher, Ms Cox, is energetic & caring--just the right balance of fun and rules, the principal is kind & is constantly making pleasant chit chat with the kids, the cafeteria is clean & our daughter likes the meals--in fact the whole school is really clean. The only thing that is not great: the playground. Definitely a "5" overall, so glad my child is at Thousand Oaks :)

had 2 simple questions to ask cause they were not on the internet i got a ugly attitude from a lady. & it took them 7 times for them to answet the phone. i really wanted my kids to attendthis school because i am moving in the area but now im thinking twice to keep them in nsisd change your staff please! :/

This year Thousand Oaks worked very well with extra curriculum classes like drama, music and fitness. They had plays and musicals and my kids had a lot of fun at school. All the kids had a chance to be part of these activities. I'm very pleased with the "Accelerate Reading Program" . My kids are reading above their age level now thanks to all the support that the teachers gave to the students. Great Job Thousand Oaks!!

Outstanding school! Mr. Keller, Mrs. Moore, Principal Mai, and the entire faculty/staff are superb! The teaching staff is knowledgeable and well-defined within their scope of learning and instruction. A TOP NOTCH INSTITUTE OF LEARNING/GROWTH! Now in regards to all the negative posts about "petty acts" or "stout disciplinary actions these are obviously from parents (more than likely teenage parents) or pseudo-parental figures that practice this new-age of entitlement. Today s educator is severely underpaid, overworked, and underappreciated! Therefore, place yourself within their shoes and environment. These are highly educated and trained (certified) individuals that go through rigorous phases of background checks and preparation. This does not include the counseling, specialty, or principal staff which requires a Masters degree or higher from a regionally accredited university. Bottom line YOU CAN BE A PART OF THE PROBLEM OR ASSIST THIS STAFF IN A SOUND SOLUTION TOWARDS IMPROVEMENT!

I don't understand all the negative comments about the school, my daughter had attended since kinder. and she will start 4th grade this year, she is a happy and well behave child. Her first teacher was Mrs. Moore and I never had any problem on the way she treated my child on the contrary we only has good thing to say about every single teacher my daughter had through the years on TO. My Child is an A honor roll student and I believe her achivement are part our resposability as parent but also the great teachers she had have every year on TO.

Both my boys love school this year. We have new administration, Mrs. Mai and Mrs. Pearce, who are wonderful and always out and visible to parents, and communicate with each parent effectively. This year, my boys have Mrs. Hinders and Ms. Wood who really care about them not just teaching them. They are both outstanding teachers. When we get there in the morning, they are greeted by name by the coaches, Mr. Keller, both Ms. Shaws and everyone else says good morning. So far it has been a great year.

Very unsatisfactory school. Mrs. Moore, you should be ashamed of yourself and the way you expect young children to behave. They are KIDS, not mini adults. The principal is not much better.

Last modified Thousand Oaks Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.