Wood Middle School 4

Posted October 19, 2014
I am a grand parent to a 7th grader. on oct. 17th I arrived at the school to drive my granddaughter home so in less words the traffic is so disorderly at the pick up point an on to the light drivers are speeding & there is no patrol insight . not a city police of a NEISD PATROL I VALUE THE SAFETY OF MY GRANDCHILD & ALL OF THE CHILDREN OLEAS LOOK IN TO THIS ASASP.. THANK YOU, SINCERELY O. MARTINEZ

Wood Middle School 4

Posted February 25, 2014
A school can only be what the community makes of it. I have two students in Wood and another that is now at Roosevelt. All of them have had great teachers, great opportunities to learn and grow, and great challenges. Yes, there are problems, but the current staff and administrators are some of the best I have seen. They truely are concerned for every student's success and are working to address the issues they are aware of. All I can say to those that have negative opinions about the school, is what have YOU done to help fix them? Wood has a WatchDOG program where dads are encouraged to come and be in the school. The PTA has so many events that they need help with. The bands, choir, Academic, UIL, Art, drama all have field trips that they need chaparones for. It doesn't take much to help out either. The administration would love to have more parents in the school to just help out. Once you have been cleared by the district, there are so many opportunities to help; lunch room monitor, main office, library, hallways. I personally have gotten to know many of the students because of the time I spend there. The more support we give our school, the better they can support our kids.

Wood Middle School 1

Posted February 21, 2014
This school is horrible. The students run the class rooms because there are so many stuffed into one class. My child comes home daily saying they did not learn a thing because their teachers did not have control of the class. Staff does not much help either

Wood Middle School 1

Posted October 02, 2013
Very disappointed! There is a lot of bullying in this school. Bullying should be dealt with harshly! But it is not at this school. :(

Posted April 17, 2010
I too was apprehensive about my son attending Wood Middle School. I heard in the past thre were some leadership problems and there were a lot disciplinary control issues. I have found out that this is not the case anymore The new principal has taken charge and has involved the teachers in turning things around and they have succeeded. My son loves it there.Tthe teachers have become more involved with the students and are quick to discipline those that interfere or try and disrupt the learning enviroment of the other students.

Posted February 20, 2010
Yes Wood Has its Struggles, but it is not ghetto, like people on the other side of Judson road say, the only reason that people think wood is ghetto is because, well its right next to Harris, and compare a brand new school to an old one. Well i can guarantee that if you do not get involved with the wrong kind of people and actually care about your education , then you will have no worries. Compared to Harris's TAKS scores Wood has much higher scores, because that school is new and they have teachers that are just starting their teaching carrer, while at wood we have teachers that have been teaching almost 27 years or more! Wood is not a bad,school i hate when people say or think it is. im an almost graduate from this school out of my 3 years here, i will say they were amazing!

Wood Middle School 0

Posted February 04, 2010
This is my 3rd child to attend Wood Middle School. I have to say what a great improvement the new principle (Shelton) and her team of teachers are for the kids! They go above and beyond the 'extra mile' for the students. My first child I pulled her out from WMS to homeschool. Recently had heard of great improvements so gave it another try. My 6th grader is doing wonderfully under these improvements. Great job administration of turning this school around. Hope parents will continue to grow, be more hands on and get involved.

Posted July 20, 2009

Posted June 18, 2009

Wood Middle School 0

Posted June 07, 2009
im a student and i think wod is a great school when you alk thru the doors you will meat a friend right away.i was gonna move but i wanted to stay so badly that my mom is paying the district to stay there.the teams for sports are good as well as all of the coaches.trust me im in track,volleyball and basketball

Wood Middle School
14800 Judson Road, San Antonio, TX  78233
Last modified Wood Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wood Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top