PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Supports LD students: Neutral

We have not had any personal experience or need to honestly respond to this question.

Develops character: Strongly agree

SPX has a VIRTUES program that reinforces these areas through real-life practices.

We are coming up on our 1 yr anniversary at SPX and we couldn't be happier. Having come in mid-year we were a little worried about the adjustment, but the students, teachers and administration couldn't have been more welcoming. The academics are challenging but rounded out with wonderful athletics offerings. The Catholic foundation the school has helped to reinforce in my child is priceless!

At St. Pius X, the students are happy and actively demonstrating their Catholic faith. They participate in weekly masses, lead service projects for the entire school, practice virtue education, and are encouraged to develop their talents and share them with the school and church community. Their motto is "Building Leaders for Christ" and this is evident when you walk through the halls of the school.

As a parent of several children whom have attended and are attending St. Pius I have been very pleased with the education they have received. I choose to send my children to a Catholic school primarily for them to be in an environment that parallels our family's morals and beliefs. In a culture that is trying to destroy our Catholic Identity, St. Pius continues to excel at teaching our faith to our children. They are well prepared to enter High School in the core subjects and knowing the true values of our Catholic faith.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

The teachers are dedicated to helping each student succeed. They work with our counseling staff and the parents to implement strategies designed to help students in the ways they learn best.

As a parent of two middle schoolers attending St. Pius, I have to say that I've been very pleased with the level of care and attention my children have received, along with the depth of educational opportunities. In a profession where the educators are primarily female, it's so important for adolescent boys to have appropriate role models, and in the middle school, my boys have that. The History teacher is a retired military officer, with an adventurous spirit, who views this career path of teaching as both a mission and vocation, is fully invested in both the students and the curriculum, and brings this enthusiasm to the classroom. The other middle school teachers are just as dedicated to the students--as well as the subject matter--and work tirelessly to ensure that every student has the opportunity and the means to succeed. My boys are being prepared both for high school and for life; they are on their way towards becoming young men of character, in part due to their experiences at St. Pius.

Amount of homework: Agree

Nightly homework, especially in Math, is crucial and appropriate to keep the students' skills sharp.

Develops character: Strongly agree

St. Pius X strives to instill character within the students through the development of a dedicated program that teaches virtues as demonstrated both by the lives of saints and the students themselves.

I started living in San Antonio 6 years ago. I have 3 young sons. I was blessed to have a private education as a child and teenager. I had them at a difference school which was a horrible experience regardless of the high ratings it has received. My sons have extremely well at St.Pius X. The parents in each class know each other and participate in most events year round. All my sons are doing extremely well in all subjects and each of their teachers are responsive to any concerns. I read the past negative reviews and it seems to be written by same person. Please ignore those reviews. It seems they have a personal problem with someone at the school. In fact St Pius X after an exhausting search is the best school in San Antonio area.

Last modified St Pius X Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8