PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)

St. Peter Prince of Apostles School 2

Posted July 20, 2016
After 3 years of public school and being placed into the next grade level, we enrolled our two boys in St. Peters. In addition we held my oldest behind a grade. The first 2 years were great but things changed in 2015-2016; 1st and 3rd grades were the most difficult year, new principle, new teachers, no certification, no social media background check and lots of new problems. A parent found inappropriate Facebook pictures of the 3rd grade teacher. And in 3months the teacher called out sick 12 days. She’d also give the children answers to the test questions. Meanwhile in 1st my son was board and the whole class was falling academically behind. The teacher blamed the school for lack of skills and support, saying she did not have online access to the curriculum system. The list just goes on and on. Many times I’d share my concerns with the principle and each time my concerns were dismissed. Some parents tried taking our concerns to the schoolboard and we were told by the principle, it is against school policy to meet and discuss the school in a negative manner. The next two months of schoolboard meetings were canceled. This summer we’re catching the boys up. My now 4th grader, was never taught division or multiplication and my now 2nd grader doesn’t like learning. Needless to say we did withdraw them from STP. Somethings I should mention are I was never bitter about the school until now. The first two years were great, I was very involved and volunteered every Monday, the boys were happy. I selected STP for it small class size and blue ribbon for excellence. The school had a lot of potential but I don’t see it being successful with the current principle. It saddens me that it didn’t work out, the boys have made great friends and the community is awesome. The school is small and all the students know and love each other. It always made me feel good to know my boys had big brothers and sisters looking out for them and encouraging them. The school still has some good teachers, But I have to do what’s best for them and academically STP wasn’t cutting it.

Posted December 05, 2013
Great school! Excellent academics! Involved teachers! Thriving children learning at well above grade level. Facilities look great. Nice to have attached gym at middle school for school sports. Great social activities offered such as school dances, clubs, and sports program.

St. Peter Prince of Apostles School 4

Posted August 20, 2013
School Community with high expectations! In the 2-1/2 yrs we've been at SPS, we've have met and worked closely with various staff members and teachers. Every person is clearly there for the children- to instill excellent academic foundation, Christian values and to help prepare our children to be future leaders. While our last principal was great, our new principal has shared his wishes to 1) Keep the Lord first for our children and every decision that is made here and 2) to lead/support a school community focused on education. If we keep Christ first, we can't go wrong. Through grace and forgiveness of shortcomings we can achieve so much, because we all fall short and need the same understanding. Communication is very important and this is such an exciting time, with a new year, new administration and a renewed energy among our teachers, families & students. We love being part of the SPS family and encourage interested families to visit and see for yourself! What we have is a diamond in the rough- a hidden gem, with alot to offer and some areas to improve, but our child is doing great academically, developmentally & socially. We are happy to recommend SPS.

Posted August 20, 2013
We have just completed the first week of school and my child could not be happier to be back! This is our 5th year at St. Peter's and we have seen some real ups and downs but there is a marked increase in energy, excitement, and enthusiasm buzzing around campus this year! Our new administrators are involved, committed, genuine and always available to address any questions or issues. They are very proactive and make communication a focus. I am loving our new and improved Newsletter and the personal note from the Principle each time. The faculty and staff members also seem to be truly happy to be at the school now, and the kids are beaming. There are a ton of facility improvements that have taken place over the summer and while we were never drawn to the school for the "look," I must say that the things that have been done definitely show a renewed sense of pride. As always, the curriculum has been our priority and St. Peter's continues to challenge students and provide a A+ education! I am one happy Tiger parent!

Posted August 20, 2013
St Peter's has been a great school for my daughter. She enjoys her classes and was ready to go back to school the day after the back to school night. It makes me feel good to know that my child feels so comfortable there. It is a small school so it really feels like a family. There have been a lot of changes from last year but they have all been good. We really like the new principle and vice principle. They are always around and available to help. The school has even started a new lunch program with food that makes me want to go eat lunch there! We are very happy and we are looking forward to a great year!

Posted April 25, 2013
After 10 years, St. Peters is getting a new principal. We have appreciated all that she has done for our family. We have one daughter at the school and hope to send our youngest daughter to SPS in two years.It is our dream to send both of our daughters to Incarnate Word High School. SPS offers incentives for their graduates to attend IWHS. What we are so in love with is the close community that is always willing to lend a helping hand. I have seen the new curriculum that all of the archdiocesan schools will be required to follow. I am confident SPS will execute the new format beyond well! The Principal-Elect seems to fit right in bringing with him lots of faith, energy and ideas. The final piece which has kept us at this school is the consistency of the staff following and sticking to the handbook. My husband and I rest assure that our values and morals are being enforced when our daughter is at school.

St. Peter Prince of Apostles School 1

Posted February 24, 2013
This is the worst school in San Antonio. The principals do not care what problems you bring to them. They don't treat the parents with respect or as if they care that they pay to take their children to this school. It is so sad, because the school is so horrible in such a great neighborhood. They hire teachers who do not know how to teach, and the secretary in the annex is horrible. She has to be the only secretary I have known without a pinch of people skills. The school ultimately is disgusting, and I would not recommend it to anyone. The best thing they can do is close down the entire school and start from scratch with a new set of employees. Please do not waste your time checking this school out or sending your child here. They have nothing but a bunch of idiots working here from the principals, to the secretaries, to the librarian, and the teachers. I have never seen such incompetence all in one place.

Posted November 01, 2012
When we moved to San Antonio our children were small, we wanted to find a school that would set them up for Incarnate Word High School. We found only a few schools that fed into the high school. We first attended St Peter Prince of Apostles church as the children were still much too young to start attending school. We fell in love and felt at home immediately. We then found out about the Mother's Day Out program and put our oldest in. It has been five years now and both of my children are thriving both academically and socially. As a new parent five years ago it was a challenge for me to step up and give my opinions for fear of sounding like an over bearing parent. I found that the staff and teachers were very open and welcoming. We've built some really great relationships with all of the staff and teachers as well as other families and cannot imagine being anywhere else. I leave with this thought...... You get out of something what you put in. The more involved we have become the better our experience has been.

St. Peter Prince of Apostles School 2

Posted July 18, 2012
This used to be an excellent school with a high focus on academics. Now the only focus is money. Adminsitration allows for under qualified, staff members to make decisions that should otherwise be made by the professional adminsistration. The teachers they have now are the rejects that no one else wants. It shows in their lack of organization, structure and appearance. I have never seen such a relaxed attire on so called professionals. The staff that is presented to guests and visitors in the middle school building are in fact the most rude, and unfriendly women one could ever encounter. Add in their flip flops it's any wonder why or how someone could actually pay to send their children there. There is the complete lack of concern for a child's rights.Principals call for and interrogate children without another adult or parent present. Completely intimidateing them. This was our last year of such disfunction. There is complete and utter favoritism towards certain parents its beyond words , it borders on sickening. There is no such thing as privacy, as this very unprofesssional staff exposes everything from grades to family issues and finances to anyone who will listen.

Posted June 10, 2012
This '12-'13 year will be my son's 3rd year here. He'll be entering Middle School and while I think everone should realize that there is not one single perfect school here in San Antonio; that St Peter's strives to do the very best that they can within the guidelines of the Archdiocese and with the limited financial resources that are available to them. I have found that the teachers will sometimes spend their OWN MONEY to do things for their kiddo's. And the Principal is a God-fearing excellent example of what a Catholic institution needs. Every single concern I have were addressed, maybe not exactly the way I "wanted" but I am also not the one running the asylum either. I am proud that my son is a student at St Peter's and my wife is happy as well. And yes, we noticed that maybe the grounds were a little run down, but, hey, the place is over 80 years old... and it's always clean. I wish I had more money to be able to give these teachers and administrators the money they truly deserve for the great values and education that they instill in my son. Shame on all those neysayers out there who complain just for the sake of hearing their big "yap." - Thank God that we can afford STP!

St. Peter Prince of Apostles School
112 Marcia Place, San Antonio, TX  78209
Last modified St. Peter Prince of Apostles School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8