Rainbow Hills Baptist School 1

Posted October 08, 2014
If I could rate this school lower I would. I am a former student. I attended rainbow hills grade 2 through 9. 7 years of hell. 7 years of absurd rules and a mild form of brainwashing. I was able to convince my parents to send me to a public high school. It was the best decision I could have made. There is so much more opportunity at a public school than you could ever have coming out of a private school like rhbs. You are lucky if you graduate that school free of the influence of drugs or alcohol or teen pregnancy. Do not trust that your child will always be safe from those things at a private school. I speak from experience and insight. Do not send your child here.

Posted February 05, 2013
My son has attended this school since Oct of 2011 in Pre-K and he has made so much progress within a short amount of time going there we moved our daughter there as well. I love that the teachers are firm and direct with the children, but show them the love of Christ as well. This school is awesome. It's not perfect neither is any school and I've overheard parents complaining about certain teachers. I questioned some things myself, so I volunteered to substitute sure enough what the teacher was saying was substantiated. The children whose parent's they talked to including my own weren't listening or being respectful at all yet when their parents were there they were "perfect little angels. " Children are children and some are mischievious some are not. I trust this school with my children to guide them, instruct them and also discipline them when they need it. We will keep both of our children here at Rainbow Hills. My only gripe is the Sports' program. It's not up to a private school standards, in our opinion, but we partcipate to show support for the school and to keep our children active.

Rainbow Hills Baptist School 1

Posted May 01, 2012
I agree with the last parents comments. At my parents request, I enrolled my child at rainbow hills kindergarten class. The teacher has fussed continuously about the most trivial things. She is elderly and everything bothers her. She shouldn't be teaching anymore and much less 5 year olds. she also suggested I have my child evaluated for "behavioral" problems. I believe her dream kindergarten class would be a group of comatose 5 year olds. I'd say, skip kindergarten at rainbow hills and save you and your child alot of stress.

Rainbow Hills Baptist School 3

Posted April 30, 2012
I advise any parent who is considering sending their child to kindergarten to "interview" the teacher before hand. We made a "big" mistake by not asking for further information about this teacher. On the second day of school, I was told he would never make it to first grade and that I should have him tested for ADD because her grandson is the same way and needs medication to function. A few days later she places him in a desk by himself away from the other children and tells him he is "bad". Due to medical reasons, this teacher was out for 4 months. The substitute moved our child back with the other children and though she also had rough days, she did an excellent job in preparing him for the first grade. Unfortunately, the original teacher came back and on her second day back, placed our child in a desk away from the other children again. My son came home telling me he is bad and not "good enough" to sit with the other children because his teacher told him so. I am very disappointed. There are other teachers who are very caring and have been very willing to work with my son. I'd say overall, this is a good school. I cannot say the same for the kindergarten teacher.

Posted June 07, 2010
My two girls went to RHBS for the first time this year, (2009-2010). I have been impressed with the loving, caring, but firm teachers they have had. God has given the director a lot of wisdom. She takes action on situations to come up with the right and godly solution. The curriculum is challenging, however, the school allows students to have Wednesdays and Fridays to be free of homework in order for the kids to spend more time with family or at church. Teachers also reward students for good behavior and discipline those that need it appropriately. It has been a blessing to have my girls in this school.

Posted May 10, 2010
My daughter is currently attending RHBS. I find her teachers and principal to be wonderful and caring. I love the small classroom environment and attention. I also love the diversity in the student population. I truly love the biblical seed they are planting. I believe they celebrate the appropriate Christian holidays. I plan on sending all of children to RHBS. They are laying right foundation a child needs in this day and age.

Posted April 12, 2010
We have been very pleased with Rainbow Hills. The teachers seem to care about each student and their well-being as well as their academic progress.

Posted March 29, 2010
This is my son's first year in this school. He has improved his reading skills. The teacher's and his tutor are wonderful. I strongly recommend this school.

Posted April 01, 2009
This is my first year at RHBS and so far I like it a lot. Im in 7th grade and they have taught me a lot since the first day of school. Some of the rules I don't agree with but other than that I like it and will come back.

Posted July 23, 2008

Rainbow Hills Baptist School
2255 Horal St, San Antonio, TX  78227
Last modified Rainbow Hills Baptist School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Rainbow Hills Baptist School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top