San Antonio, TX
Before care: Yes

Posted December 02, 2014
The Anglican use Mass at Atonement is beautiful and exceptional, and is about as close as you can get to the traditional Catholic Mass as it used to be performed. I have been to many other Masses (including the one suggested below), and the Mass at Atonement I enjoy the most. It is not only about appearance. But the only way is to know is for you to go for yourself and make an informed decision and not one based on an obvious Internet troll's 1-star review simply because he or she doesn't like it. And don't make your choice based on my opinion. Go see for yourself. Some who have had a bad experience for whatever reason constantly try to bring this place down. It's doing pretty well actually...to say the least. And there does appear to be many trolls posting on this forum.

Posted November 22, 2014
Not worth it. The Anglican (use) clergy only value appearances. Go to Great Hearts (or any other school in the city)!

Posted November 19, 2014
Thank you for the insight into early admission dates. My daughter is transferring from another university to Rice this spring-- something she could not have achieved without her previous educational background. They obviously felt as much when considering her application. The initial review is meant to show our family's gratitude to the institution for its part in helping her finally reach her intended goal.

Posted October 27, 2014
Accepted into Rice in October? That is truly early admission! Most early admits don't find out until December. I guess the school is better than i remember.

Posted October 20, 2014
A fantastic school in every way. If you are looking for great education for your children that is rewarding, enriching, and unique, then this is the school for you. I enrolled both my daughters here after researching all the other private schools in the city. I have never most experienced anything other than thankfulness that I chose this school for my daughters. My eldest has just been accepted into Rice University.

Posted October 10, 2014
As the comments show, you'll either love the school or hate it. This school is one of the last remnants of what was once a good thing we all had going but took for granted. Most of the complaints truly are exaggerated if not outright inaccurate. Everyone does have a right to his or her own opinion. Unfortunately, technology has made anonymous complaints very easy whether true or not. This school is utterly fantastic on numerous levels. And it is only getting better. Those that disagree have their reasons I suppose. But usually the ones completely satisfied have better things to do than write posts on Internet forums. It took a lot for me to actually chime in, but the record needed to be set straight. It is not an exaggeration that this is the best school in San Antonio. Other schools are great at many things as well. Most are not. But this one is the best for the right reasons. The school puts the students first. Its mission is without question solid. The staff are extremely professional and love their job. The students develop a bond with each other for the rest of their lives, only being outdone by the Aggie solidarity, which says a lot. Those are the facts. Trust me.

Posted September 30, 2014
I went to school here for two years, 7th and 8th grade and thought I liked it. My parents sent me to Central Catholic for high school and looking back now it's one of the best things that has ever happened to me. It opened my mind to bigger and greater things, as Atonement likes to lock their people in their own world. They basically preach that anyone that doesn't believe their religious and political views are evil and are condemned to hell. The teachers are rude, and have very illogical class policies. Daily mass, religion, and choir are forced on you. Athletics are pathetic and there is little to nothing to do outside the school, as in clubs, etc. So unless you want to end up doing something with religion or music, steer clear. Please. You have been warned.

Posted September 18, 2014
I love Atonement. I graduated a few years ago, having attended all fourteen years (Pre-K through 12). It's a place where I truly felt at home; with the Lord, as well as my classmates and teachers. I loved daily Mass and I miss it. The high school academically prepared me for college and I'm at the top of most of my classes. The workload isn't so heavy if highschool gets you used to it. It also helped me build the backbone I need to defend my faith - college can be a very liberal place, but I know the love of God and I know how to show it to others without being defensive or pushing people away. I loved many of my teachers there. You can see how good their hearts are. I remember them always willing to go the extra mile to help a student out, even if it wasn't related to their class specifically. Like any school, there were some duds over the years...but the good always outweighed the bad, Graduates have gotten into places like St. Mary's, A&M, UT, Rice, Notre Dame, Hillsdale, I even had a friend who was interviewing for Yale. Atonement is a blue ribbon school - if you use your education correctly, you can go places. Many grads are either done or on their way to getting degrees.

Posted June 13, 2014
Don't trust the administration of this school. We had our children enrolled for nearly 10 years at the Atonement Academy. We are very devout Catholic family and were undermined as parents of our children. Our children were advised against our requests and our family decisions. They say that they are family oriented and that family comes first; however, they will have no problem telling your children that you are wrong. This destroys the family unity and for a larger than the 2.3 child family, this creates much discourse within the family. We used to be the greatest advocate of AA and would hear stories of the gossip or the administrative over-reaches, and excuse away. Not any more. Our family unit has been greatly altered by a "Catholic" school who should have supported parents instead of "cottling" to disgruntled teenagers. They will take your money and use it to access the minds and attitudes of your children. Beware.

Posted April 06, 2014
My kids go to this school for a year now. They've been to many Catholic schools both in Ohio and California whenever we moved. I am able to compared the quality of education they provide to our kids and honestly, this school met beyond my expectation. I was skeptical at teh beginning due to the daily mass and my kids also had a hard time for the first few weeks and they both cried about it but after our support and encouragement and they get used to it, they now just not like the school, they love it! I also asked my kids about the quality of education, they both said it is far way advance compared to other Cathlic schools they went. My 5th grade daugter is already learning transversals in Math which is an introduction to Geometry and my son only learned it during freshman. We sent our kids to Catholic school because we want them to be successful and have a good foundation with cosistent discipline both from home and in school. Techonology is not always the answer to learning. The kids have computers at home already and we do not want them spending to much time in computer instead of intearactie learning. I realy love the teachers for being consistent, teach sudents on acntbility

Atonement Academy