PK-2, 4-12
San Antonio, TX

Posted May 19, 2015
I love the Safe and Healthy Catholic Atmosphere at the Atonement Academy. Students build positive Friendships and learn to help each other progress through a variety of challenging courses offered by the school. On one specific occasion, I was especially impressed by the speed at which my daughter was able to move between classes per my preference as a parent. This is just a single example of how the Teachers and Staff work very hard and always go above and beyond.

Posted February 04, 2015
Working at The Atonement Academy has shown me a completely new group of students of the highest moral value. It is a pure joy to sit with these children and young adults to discuss their futures. The students here are happy and eager to continue to learn. Watching them grow and go onto colleges of the highest level is not only exciting, but gives me great hope for the future of our society.

Posted January 24, 2015
My kids stopped singing after attending Atonement. If I ask them what happened their eyes get teary and they shut down. The choir experience left them traumatized. Even when Atonement has some excellent teachers and academics I wonder what happened. We left of course and I wonder how can a school steal a child's joy.
6 people found this helpful

Posted December 02, 2014
The Anglican use Mass at Atonement is beautiful and exceptional, and is about as close as you can get to the traditional Catholic Mass as it used to be performed. I have been to many other Masses (including the one suggested below), and the Mass at Atonement I enjoy the most. It is not only about appearance. But the only way is to know is for you to go for yourself and make an informed decision and not one based on an obvious Internet troll's 1-star review simply because he or she doesn't like it. And don't make your choice based on my opinion. Go see for yourself. Some who have had a bad experience for whatever reason constantly try to bring this place down. It's doing pretty well actually...to say the least. And there does appear to be many trolls posting on this forum.
3 people found this helpful

Posted November 22, 2014
Not worth it. The Anglican (use) clergy only value appearances. Go to Great Hearts (or any other school in the city)!
5 people found this helpful

Posted November 19, 2014
Thank you for the insight into early admission dates. My daughter is transferring from another university to Rice this spring-- something she could not have achieved without her previous educational background. They obviously felt as much when considering her application. The initial review is meant to show our family's gratitude to the institution for its part in helping her finally reach her intended goal.

Posted October 27, 2014
Accepted into Rice in October? That is truly early admission! Most early admits don't find out until December. I guess the school is better than i remember.
4 people found this helpful

Posted October 20, 2014
A fantastic school in every way. If you are looking for great education for your children that is rewarding, enriching, and unique, then this is the school for you. I enrolled both my daughters here after researching all the other private schools in the city. I have never most experienced anything other than thankfulness that I chose this school for my daughters. My eldest has just been accepted into Rice University.

Posted October 10, 2014
As the comments show, you'll either love the school or hate it. This school is one of the last remnants of what was once a good thing we all had going but took for granted. Most of the complaints truly are exaggerated if not outright inaccurate. Everyone does have a right to his or her own opinion. Unfortunately, technology has made anonymous complaints very easy whether true or not. This school is utterly fantastic on numerous levels. And it is only getting better. Those that disagree have their reasons I suppose. But usually the ones completely satisfied have better things to do than write posts on Internet forums. It took a lot for me to actually chime in, but the record needed to be set straight. It is not an exaggeration that this is the best school in San Antonio. Other schools are great at many things as well. Most are not. But this one is the best for the right reasons. The school puts the students first. Its mission is without question solid. The staff are extremely professional and love their job. The students develop a bond with each other for the rest of their lives, only being outdone by the Aggie solidarity, which says a lot. Those are the facts. Trust me.
3 people found this helpful

Posted September 30, 2014
I went to school here for two years, 7th and 8th grade and thought I liked it. My parents sent me to Central Catholic for high school and looking back now it's one of the best things that has ever happened to me. It opened my mind to bigger and greater things, as Atonement likes to lock their people in their own world. They basically preach that anyone that doesn't believe their religious and political views are evil and are condemned to hell. The teachers are rude, and have very illogical class policies. Daily mass, religion, and choir are forced on you. Athletics are pathetic and there is little to nothing to do outside the school, as in clubs, etc. So unless you want to end up doing something with religion or music, steer clear. Please. You have been warned.
4 people found this helpful

Atonement Academy
15415 Red Robin Road, San Antonio, TX  78255
Last modified Atonement Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-2, 4-12
Atonement Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 114 reviews. Top