Posted November 19, 2014
My son has been going to Hardy Oak since he was in K and he was there for nine week of 1st until the principle Mrs.Fokes had made him transfer out after nine weeks of school because we are no longer in the school zone. But they have no problem taking your money asking you to support the school by buying all these school spirit stuff and donating money and once you do it they find a way to get rid of you. They don't care about a child well being or feeling. All they care about is making money off the parents and having the parents do all the work as they over staff the teacher by having 25 students or more per class. How do you except kids to learn when they over load teacher just to save money. That probably explain why there is such a high turnover in there there.

Hardy Oak Elementary School 2

Posted September 13, 2013
Things have taken a turn for the ugly at this school. They are doing all of the wrong things, for the wrong reasons. This school is way too focused on the lighthouse/leadership concept, that they have forgotten the importance of teaching children basic subjects! They definitely teach to the test at this school, except on the days when they are trying to show off to outsiders that tour around to see what kind of leaders they are. I have become so disheartened by what this school stands for that I am considering home schooling. That way, I will be able to teach them what is really necessary for being successful (writing properly, spelling, math) Approach this school with caution, and whatever you do, don't dare question anything!

Hardy Oak Elementary School 2

Posted June 03, 2013
Disappointed with some of the 5th grade teachers. I didn't think I would have to worry about teachers being the bully, but at Hardy Oak I've had to address it on more than one occasion. Glad this year is finally over! I only give 2 stars because the principal and counselors are commendable!

Posted April 25, 2013
Most of the teachers take care of themselves than students. They expect parent to do everything.

Posted September 28, 2012
This will be our 5th year at Hardy Oak and as a former elementary school teacher myself, I have to say that this is one of the best schools around. The teachers are all excellent and truly want each and every student to succeed. They go above and beyond for their students. The administration is wonderful as well. We couldn't be more pleased with our son's education and experiences at Hardy Oak.

Posted April 16, 2012
Like other public schools, this school targets STAAR test only. No structural curriculam is followed here.

Posted April 15, 2012
This is our third year at Hardy Oak, and we love it here. Our children are in 2nd and 4th grades. The teachers are so good at what they do and they genuinely love each child. The parents are quite involved in volunteering and the staff really care about the kids. My 10-yr-old son says that the teachers "are friendly and really put a lot of effort into helping the kids." One of our children has behavior issues, and I must say that the redirection program here is outstanding and the sheer amount of time and energy put into helping individual students is amazing. They work really hard to create incentive and motivation programs geared towards classes as a whole and individual children as well. One thing that really impresses me is the attention placed on learning and applying Steven Covey's 7 Habits of Highly Effective children. Academics are challenging and the staff are very creative in helping the children apply what they've learned. There is emphasis on cultural learning and a focus on charitable work. Their support of the military children and families like ours is exceptional. I cannot say how impressed we are with this school. Great place to be. Highly recommend!

Posted August 16, 2010
We are so lucky to live in the Hardy Oak area. The leadership is top knotch. The teachers are excellent - dedicated, passionate, experienced. This school surpasses all expectations. The PTA is among the strongest in Texas. Hardy Oak is organized and efficient, while focusing on relationships, true learning and enjoyment. I cannot think of anything I would change!

Posted December 10, 2009
My son has been at Hardy Oak since Kinder. This school, under the leadership of Ms. Newman, is amazing! Also, the new VP could not be nicer. Both of them care soooo much about the children who go to this school. I like that they are involved in every area(even the small things): opening car doors at drop off in the mornings, rotate around the lunchroom, and are always available to talk, if you need to... To this day, I still hug my son's teachers when I see them in the halls. I've always considered SA Christian School as my back-up if things didn't go well, but I am happy to say, that this never happened. We feel so blessed to have the teachers we have had, and esp this year, my son's teacher Rocks!!! As a parent, I appreciate all your hard work, and your compassion, for our children.

Posted December 01, 2009
My child went to Wilderness Oak and recently we moved just a little up the road to a larger home and our children now go to Hardy Oak. The experience at Wilderness Oak was the best compared to my experience with Hardy Oak. The Teachers I have experienced are new teachers and staff and therefore my children are offerred what I feel a experenced teacher offers. So far not good at all in regards to making the right calls. What really leaves a bad taste is that if I want my child to go elsewhere I have to pay. Not fair.

Hardy Oak Elementary School
22900 Hardy Oak Boulevard, San Antonio, TX  78258
Last modified Hardy Oak Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hardy Oak Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top